• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Let's talk about Fort Battles, Adventures and Duelling

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Yea Soldiers rule the Duels and Duelers rule the FFs for the last few years. (the irony)
Although, Soldiers always make the most reliable Tanks too, thanks to most reliable Class bonus that isn't dependent on RNG: Hp

Meanwhile, what does InnoGames do/plan to do?!

Oh that's right;
"BIG UPDATE" : Level 200 to amplify the Power-Creep, NEW QUESTS & ACHIEVEMENTS (because we aren't getting them every 2-4 weeks)

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Btw I guess we will have to wait until aaall the way to the Easter event to possibly get a Tanky FF Attack set to be of a little bit of use when Attacking, since they don't seem to be adding Hiding to J.Cortina..

Meanwhile, we can't win any Attack (since there are more people with Cortina on Towers now) :roll:

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well, that's what Green Dot suppose to mean (on FF window)

I wish there was a Grey Dot for AFK'ers though.

Last edited:
Green dot only appears if offiner is targeting to e.g. WT3 and someone in WT3 set to swap with them. This "dug" has been here for years. But yes definitely causing lot of confusion as well as all those afk (green dots) that ask ranks but never move during battle.:annoyed:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Green dot only appears if offliner is targeting to e.g. WT3 and someone in WT3 set to swap with them.
I think an Onliner should be targetting the Offliner to trigger that Green Dot. But what you saying might be an another Bug that causing it.

Green Dot can be seen when the Offliner reaches to its target (like WT 3) though.

OneTouch

Private First Class
I dont know if its mentioned before but Soldier tactic bonus needs to be reduced. When character bonuses created, there was no silly gears which would give 700-800 tactics and hundreds of dodging. Basically a soldier gets 350-400 bonus from it, even with best attack gears and highest amount of attirbute/skill points you cant pass their defense. John Marshall set(supposed to be a construction set) now became a favourite set for duels, lame.

Also reflex-toughness(resistance) duelling is totally dead since there are 2 unnecessary sets which made to ruin duels. And sadly it cant be fixed, dunno whose idea it was to make sets which give 1000 aim plus 1000 vigor or 1000 shooting. Probably same mind who has created Union Officer set. Just buy a vaquero/cowgirl set then ur a tough dueller, lmao.

This game used to be tough and when it was tough it was fun. Now it takes 5-6 months to hit level 150, takes a few weeks to finish crafting, takes a few months to finish all the quests... Then you find nothing to do except filling your queues with random jobs and logging out.

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I dont know if its mentioned before but Soldier tactic bonus needs to be reduced. When character bonuses created, there was no silly gears which would give 700-800 tactics and hundreds of dodging. Basically a soldier gets 350-400 bonus from it, even with best attack gears and highest amount of attirbute/skill points you cant pass their defense. John Marshall set(supposed to be a construction set) now became a favourite set for duels, lame.

Also reflex-toughness(resistance) duelling is totally dead since there are 2 unnecessary sets which made to ruin duels. And sadly it cant be fixed, dunno whose idea it was to make sets which give 1000 aim plus 1000 vigor or 1000 shooting. Probably same mind who has created Union Officer set. Just buy a vaquero/cowgirl set then ur a tough dueller, lmao.

This game used to be tough and when it was tough it was fun. Now it takes 5-6 months to hit level 150, takes a few weeks to finish crafting, takes a few months to finish all the quests... Then you find nothing to do except filling your queues with random jobs and logging out.
I will be passing all of this on with the rest of my weekly report :).

voLeMaNe

Reservist
I don't think vaquero/cowgirl are sooo bad, they just need a resistance set which can put up with it. But the best resistance set is the harvester's set, and even with this one it is very very very hard to come by a dueler with vaquero/cowgirl. J. McLaughlin is only a good set because of it's tactic, but as a resistance set it is totally useless... The same problem with cortina, it doesn't have an attack set that can put up with...

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Side effects of making too many (Level based) Set variations and giving them with different Tombolas/Events with a certain Power-Creep.

Like, why Cortina doesn't have any Hiding?
I mean I understand why Captain set doesn't have any Traps but this? Naa.
(Tanks were barely any good on Towers let alone ground, for years)

voLeMaNe

Reservist
That‘s actually a point I am missing. Why is it okay for captain not having setting traps but not okay for cortina to miss hiding?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Actually the sentence within parenthesis gives part of the answer "Tanks were barely any good on Towers let alone ground"

As for Damagers..
If we ignore Union Officer's existence, as it's OP on either sides..
Captain's lack of Traps makes sense because Towers give huge Attack bonus to Leadership spammers, aka Damagers, and again Tanks on ground sucks.

So they don't need such OP set for Defenses.

DeletedUser500

Adding excessive defence value will always be counterproductive, we still very much want players to hit, lest they get bored thinking they suck at the game, when in fact they just play a style that the formula doesn't favour, or even punishes with diminishing returns on resistance, hit and dodge chance.

Damage reduction at very high leadership values was primarily what we needed but not what we got, and now we still need more fixes. Almost as much as we need defined tombola set guidelines for their creator to not mess things up again - however in saying that, I acknowledge that the player-base made their own bed by being well trained little consumers and instant-gratification dopamine rush junkies.
If nothing else, this game was an incredible social experiment that we can all take lessons from for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well, everyone Hits (& Dodges to a degree) except Attacking Tanks.
Damage difference extremeness is something else however..

Then.. We got the ancient "disappearing from the Map" (then be randomly placed) bug

Apotequil13

Reservist

In force battles, duelists deal 70k damage, and workers have more than 400 chances of attack, and you say that soldiers' tactics are a problem? Tell them to take out the hp and let's just play with duelists and workers

DeletedUser500

In force battles, duelists deal 70k damage, and workers have more than 400 chances of attack, and you say that soldiers' tactics are a problem? Tell them to take out the hp and let's just play with duelists and workers
You might not have noticed, but those are two different gameplay features, forts and duels. Both have big problems independent of each other that are mostly caused by the same thing.
Soldier HP has a detrimental element in fort battles, in that more HP just means bigger hits for the leaderships, and you dodge and hit less. No such diminishments for damage - they get better and better as the power of the sets gets stronger and stronger, and so damage is the only fun way to play fort battles anymore - if you find that style of dumping all stats into one skill to be the most effective fun. I don't. Playing with just one skill should be reserved for the builders imo, there should no place for it in the main attraction of the entire game.... But it's too late for that now, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Newez

Reservist
If you need some lessons please feel free to contact me ;)

Let me guess. You're playing on a fresh world, have 70 levels advantage comapred to average player, bought Cortina level2 with nuggets, went full hp and now you feel like you owned the game. Yet I'd bet you just hide at the backline waiting for a warm spot on tower to farm dodges. :njub:

PATHETIC.