• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Let's Chat - teamwork makes the dream work!

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Hi There,

I`m not sure if this can be amended, but for the crafts there are 4 items (leather saddlebags, French breakfast, A fever medicine and Improved spurs) at the top of the list which are very useful yet you only can craft 1 every 4 days. I know when it has came out that was for to maintain a luck based race to the top of the craftmenship, but because everyone who wanted to reach the top is there already, would it be a possibility to remove the 4 day rule and maybe make the items sellable as well?
As I have said they are really useful items, but if I use 1 every day I cannot produce enough to maintain my supplies :)

Thank You

Regards Pimpa
@Loki can this be mentioned to the developers please?

dublik

Lance Corporal
Any reason why there was not the Lucille sale this year? Or will it come in the near future? :(

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
Any reason why there was not the Lucille sale this year? Or will it come in the near future? :(
Hir all data from Lucilles-Sale:

Lucille Mulhalls Sale October 2018
Early Summer Sale May 2019
Western Friday 2019 November 2019 Sale
Lucilles sale October 2020
Summer sale June 2021
Lucilles sale October 2021

Loki

The West Team
Howdy! :)

If you have any ideas/suggestions about contests and/or events, please share them.
They can be new or old, forum or in game. Even from other markets.
Publicly or DM (if you want them to be a secret).

Let's turn dreams into reality. :lol:

All successful ideas will get rewarded. :up:

Yours sincerely,
Loki
Community Manager

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
This is an idea I came up with 2 weeks ago and didn't post as the XP scaling & Duel rating need more work before release. I had lots of real life issues pop up and do not have the time to fix these issues for the foreseeable future. I'm posting as I hope it's still of some use and that the idea's can be used as I fully believe they will be a massive benefit to the state of the game.

Since we're updating PVP, lets not forget the oldest & once most popular... DUELLING!

Suggested Changes:

• Duel level is now completely uncapped
    • Everyone preferred the big numbers... 450 sucks.
  • Duel level is based on experience, total
    • Duel level, like your actual level, is NOT a reflection of skill and should be treated the same as normal experience ranking, a competitive leader board rank and nothing more. The level should be based on your TOTAL XP as shown in the leader board.
  • Duel level does not determine who you can duel, your ACTUAL level does
    • You can only duel within 15 levels of your own until level 140 at which point you can duel and be duelled up to level 250, that sounds bad but considering how few people will ever make it past level 190, this is the only way of them ever having ANYONE to duel. (as it stands now, if you're level 150 you can be duelled by a level 210, so no one will even feel this change for years until people level past 210. And of course no one is close) Currently you can be as low as level 120 can be duelled by a 168 which I do not think is fair. This should keep pressure & bullying off the noobs, it'll change nothing for anyone in the 140-210 range until someone eventually breaks 210, I doubt even in a years time there will be more than 1 per world (if that).
  • XP Calculated by Level and Level Difference
    • Up until level 140 the XP calculations can stay as they are, after 140 the following is true: (15 * Loser’s level) - (8 * Winner’s level) * (0.9 / level)
      • Couldn't think of a formula that is balanced below 140, yet scales to the new level cap. This should also be easier to code in. (this should not be the final formula, I do not have time to test for a better one though this is still leagues better than the current outdated formula)
  • Duel Rating.
    • Experience and Duel level was never a good measure of skill, introducing a competitive duel rating will give duellers that duel for fun or competitiveness reason to compete against those that are skilled, rather than bully farmers and workers for stats & achievements while still having an impact on duel level & XP since there will no longer be duel motivation. Duel rating will be uncapped, but will give bonus Duel, and normal level XP. the XP bonus will give a bonus of 1% XP per 0.1 duel rating, capping out at 100% bonus XP. (this rating would go under Duelling Level on your profile)
      • For Example, everyone stats with a duel rating of 1. if you beat those lower than your rating by 0.6 you only gain 0.1. If they are lower than your rating by 5 you gain nothing. If they have a rating of 0 you gain nothing (and no bonus XP). Meaning each world will have a naturally occurring cap based on the amount of active & skilled duellers
      • From 0.5 below, to 1.4 above your own rating you gain 0.2. 1.5 and above you gain 0.3, being the highest you can gain. (to avoid ratings being too volatile)
      • KO's giving 0.2 bonus to those 0.5 below you and up, to reward dominant victories. You will gain nothing if they are 0.6 below you, or 0 rated.
      • Losses take as much rating as a victory would've given.
      • Duel rating resets to 1 at the start of each season.
    • I believe this will be a massive mindset change to all duellers drawing attention away from those that do not duel or are not very good and focusing on skilled full time duellers and create a massive amount of practically endless gameplay (as proven by many other online multiplayer games with similar ranking model)
Pros:
  • Uncapped Duel level to properly reflect experience gained
  • Less low level bullying
  • No motivation = Incentive to duel for XP and once again chase leader board
  • More accurate & active duel leader board
  • Incentivised competitive duelling between duellers
  • Less focus on non / part time duellers
  • Those that only duel for quests will not be punished with a high duel level
  • Bigger Duel Pool
  • More player interaction & endless gameplay mechanic
  • XP rewards that reflect level cap increase

Cons:

• Achievement hunters / bullies will have a bigger duel pool
    • I see this as a good thing, though I added it as I can see people wishing those that repetitively duel them for would eventually be unable to. This rarely happens as people will just maintain a duel motivation of 10, and once it goes to high will keep it at 100 and loss enough duels to be in range again.
Reasoning:

Duelling needs help... It's a massive part of the game but perhaps the most poorly coded and least enjoyable these days, for all parties involved.

Duel level is a good idea in theory but with so few duellers left and so few players in general it leads to them being massively ostracized, no players at that duel level = no duelling.

Whether chasing achievements, leader board ranking, XP duelling or just for quests it always leads to less players to engage with (this is the reason you could now count the amount of duellers & those that "enjoy" duelling on the fingers of one hand on most worlds). Duel level has never stopped bullying effectively, only forces it onto a select few, while also being very unsatisfying and frustrating for both parties, If you chase achievements you will end up with a duel level so high you will have less than a page of players to duel, with thousands of duels or hundreds of levels to go

If your duel level didn't determine who you could duel it'd also remove the need for motivation which as this point would only serve as a positive, duelling will give respectable XP that scales in line with the new levels. It should remain balanced at a lower level as defined by the formula up until those later levels though I have not tested this too much and think this should be open to discussion.

Duel Rating further improves the rewards for competitive mutual duelling, which in turn will draw many would be duellers attention away from those that do not want to duel, in favour of improving rating / XP bonus.

Edit: Changed duel range to within 15 levels before level 140, instead of 10.

As stated... Duel rating & the XP scaling is WIP... I just want this to be seen. Please give feedback to build upon this rather than pick it apart.

Last edited:

mfs007

Reservist
This is an idea I came up with 2 weeks ago and didn't post as the XP scaling & Duel rating need more work before release. I had lots of real life issues pop up and do not have the time to fix these issues for the foreseeable future. I'm posting as I hope it's still of some use and that the idea's can be used as I fully believe they will be a massive benefit to the state of the game.

Since we're updating PVP, lets not forget the oldest & once most popular... DUELLING!

Suggested Changes:

• Duel level is now completely uncapped
    • Everyone preferred the big numbers... 450 sucks.
  • Duel level is based on experience, total
    • Duel level, like your actual level, is NOT a reflection of skill and should be treated the same as normal experience ranking, a competitive leader board rank and nothing more. The level should be based on your TOTAL XP as shown in the leader board.
  • Duel level does not determine who you can duel, your ACTUAL level does
    • You can only duel within 10 levels of your own until level 140 at which point you can duel and be duelled up to level 250, that sounds bad but considering how few people will ever make it past level 190, this is the only way of them ever having ANYONE to duel. (as it stands now, if you're level 150 you can be duelled by a level 210, so no one will even feel this change for years until people level past 210. And of course no one is close) Currently you can be as low as level 120 can be duelled by a 168 which I do not think is fair. This should keep pressure & bullying off the noobs, it'll change nothing for anyone in the 140-210 range until someone eventually breaks 210, I doubt even in a years time there will be more than 1 per world (if that).
  • XP Calculated by Level and Level Difference
    • Up until level 140 the XP calculations can stay as they are, after 140 the following is true: (15 * Loser’s level) - (8 * Winner’s level) * (0.9 / level)
      • Couldn't think of a formula that is balanced below 140, yet scales to the new level cap. This should also be easier to code in. (this should not be the final formula, I do not have time to test for a better one though this is still leagues better than the current outdated formula)
  • Duel Rating.
    • Experience and Duel level was never a good measure of skill, introducing a competitive duel rating will give duellers that duel for fun or competitiveness reason to compete against those that are skilled, rather than bully farmers and workers for stats & achievements while still having an impact on duel level & XP since there will no longer be duel motivation. Duel rating will be uncapped, but will give bonus Duel, and normal level XP. the XP bonus will give a bonus of 1% XP per 0.1 duel rating, capping out at 100% bonus XP. (this rating would go under Duelling Level on your profile)
      • For Example, everyone stats with a duel rating of 1. if you beat those lower than your rating by 0.6 you only gain 0.1. If they are lower than your rating by 5 you gain nothing. If they have a rating of 0 you gain nothing (and no bonus XP). Meaning each world will have a naturally occurring cap based on the amount of active & skilled duellers
      • From 0.5 below, to 1.4 above your own rating you gain 0.2. 1.5 and above you gain 0.3, being the highest you can gain. (to avoid ratings being too volatile)
      • KO's giving 0.2 bonus to those 0.5 below you and up, to reward dominant victories. You will gain nothing if they are 0.6 below you, or 0 rated.
      • Over a long period of time, rating will SLOWLY regenerate to 1... This is to avoid rating stagnation, it must be very slow so that non duellers will not be targeted again, yet it must exist so non duellers are allowed a fresh start if it's needed.
        • If this is not feasible, it can also simply reset everyone to 1 at the start of every season (or simply raise those that are below 1, to 1).
    • I believe this will be a massive mindset change to all duellers drawing attention away from those that do not duel or are not very good and focusing on skilled full time duellers and create a massive amount of practically endless gameplay (as proven by many other online multiplayer games with similar ranking model)
Pros:
  • Uncapped Duel level to properly reflect experience gained
  • Less low level bullying
  • No motivation = Incentive to duel for XP and once again chase leader board
  • More accurate & active duel leader board
  • Incentivised competitive duelling between duellers
  • Less focus on non / part time duellers
  • Those that only duel for quests will not be punished with a high duel level
  • Bigger Duel Pool
  • More player interaction & endless gameplay mechanic
  • XP rewards that reflect level cap increase

Cons:

• Achievement hunters / bullies will have a bigger duel pool
    • I see this as a good thing, though I added it as I can see people wishing those that repetitively duel them for would eventually be unable to. This rarely happens as people will just maintain a duel motivation of 10, and once it goes to high will keep it at 100 and loss enough duels to be in range again.
Reasoning:

Duelling needs help... It's a massive part of the game but perhaps the most poorly coded and least enjoyable these days, for all parties involved.

Duel level is a good idea in theory but with so few duellers left and so few players in general it leads to them being massively ostracized, no players at that duel level = no duelling.

Whether chasing achievements, leader board ranking, XP duelling or just for quests it always leads to less players to engage with (this is the reason you could now count the amount of duellers & those that "enjoy" duelling on the fingers of one hand on most worlds). Duel level has never stopped bullying effectively, only forces it onto a select few, while also being very unsatisfying and frustrating for both parties, If you chase achievements you will end up with a duel level so high you will have less than a page of players to duel, with thousands of duels or hundreds of levels to go

If your duel level didn't determine who you could duel it'd also remove the need for motivation which as this point would only serve as a positive, duelling will give respectable XP that scales in line with the new levels. It should remain balanced at a lower level as defined by the formula up until those later levels though I have not tested this too much and think this should be open to discussion.

Duel Rating further improves the rewards for competitive mutual duelling, which in turn will draw many would be duellers attention away from those that do not want to duel, in favour of improving rating / XP bonus.

As stated... Duel rating & the XP scaling is WIP... I just want this to be seen. Please give feedback to build upon this rather than pick it apart.

In my opinion this is something this game needs, its has always been a PVP game and now it has become a Player Vs Church game and maybe once a day, if the world is active, a FF.

I like it how the exp you can get without exp set can get so high and can also be increased with sets like josephine that give around 80% exp, so 10M is worth more than 1h church if the REAL duel lvl (now called duel rating) from a duel.

I am in love with this idea tbh. Everyone caring about ff balancing and churchbuilding but the main things they did on the west (duels) has been left out for a really long time.

thumbs up for this idea.

Last edited:

mfs007

Reservist
Just lower the XP given by church to 25%
That wont matter, the higher the church the higher the exp, now church gives 10k exp+ in some worlds, lower it 25%, give 7.5k, still more than ffs and duels and in 3 months of a whole town building is already giving 10k again :D

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
Changelog:

Instead of the duel rating slowly regenerating I have changed to to reset to 1 at the start of each season.

Duel Rating.
    • Duel rating resets to 1 at the start of each season.

Guiri

Corporal
That wont matter, the higher the church the higher the exp, now church gives 10k exp+ in some worlds, lower it 25%, give 7.5k, still more than ffs and duels and in 3 months of a whole town building is already giving 10k again :D
lower it to 25%, not by 25%

the church that now gives 10k would give max 2.5k

Guiri

Corporal
How would anyone get to lvl 250?

Church can stay as is, raise the XP of jobs, Fort battles & Duelling post 150.
considering the huge xp required for 250 I don't think the plan is for anyone to reach it. but I dont like that church construction now is the most important form for levelling, this is not Minecraft, it's not about construction.

my adjusted proposal would be lower the church to 25% and double xp given for jobs/forts/duelling after level 150

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Church killed the game anyway, people stopped going to FF duelling (or even stopped trying even tho formulas arent best) just so they can "play" the game to keep spamming that build button.
Even 25% is still too much, shouldnt be this rewarding, you should do this for your town points and that should be the biggest reward if anything not for your own progress in the game where you are supposed to gain experiences by jobs,duels,battles and actually playing it.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
I don't know if you guys are trolling or not , Church building is viable to reach certain levels without spending tons of money , if they remove Church or even lower the bonus XP from it do you think that will be a good idea? Working 15s jobs require tons tons and tons of buffs , not everyone has unlimited time to farm recourses to make those buffs, not everyone has multiaccounts and certainly not everyone is p2w , Church building is more for the players who don't spend anything on the game or at least minimal amount of money. If you want to reach 250 I already made a post on how many buffs you actually need and how long it will take for you to farm those buffs.

Here take a look:

560k xp for 8 hours of clicking
16.8kk xp per month if I xp 8 hours a day ( not including login bonus and church building )

24 Chewing tobacco per day
8 Wonder Tinctures per day
720 chewing tobacco per month
240 Wonder tinctures per month

12 Jugs per hour = 43200 jugs for 5 months farming 24/7
10 Saw per hour = 43240 saw for 6 months farming for 24/7
60 wood per hour = 43200 wood for 1 month farming 24/7
25 Tobacco per hour = 43200 Tobacco for 2.4 months farming 24/7

259,200 nuggets for 5 years of farming xp If i don't want to farm wonders.

So around 6,800 euros.

So I need around 14.4 months to farm 43200 chewing tobacco which I can use for the next 6 years. And in those 5 years I can accumulate around 1.08kkk xp.

NOTE : This kind of xp is possible if you have a set that gives you over 320% xp bonus , an average player has an XP set with 170% , which will almost double the buffs needed for this amount of XP to be accumulated. Also for the materials you need over 320% product drop to farm those amounts of materials so fast.

NOTE2[\B]: I haven't added how many materials you will need for Wonder Tinctures for 6 years so if you actually count them it will take you minimum 2 years to farm not even the half of how much you need.

Of course this can be gathered way faster if you have a lot of multi accounts, if you do , good for you , if you don't, have fun farming for at least 3-4 years so you can start xping for the next 6 years.

Conclusion: Save your money , save your time and just build Church as it is free to do so. I have one if not the best XP set that gives me 326% XP bonus but I don't do 15s jobs because 1) I don't have multies to farm for me 2) I don't really have that much time to sit and do 15s jobs 3) I rather build Church until they either increase XP in all jobs or bring a new way of leveling.