• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Leadership vs HP discussion

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I want to have here a little discussion about two of the most popular builds: full strength and HP and full charisma and leadership. Leadership offers far too many advantages over HP. It's always been like that, but now it seems worse than ever. If you have all your skill points on leadership:
  • You'll deal a lot of damage at fort battles, and right now that's pretty much META, besides that, you'll get more xp and more bonds at the end of the battle. (and yes, I know you changed the xp formula to favor tanks, but it's still damagers that get more xp and a lot more bonds)
  • You don't have to refill your hp before a fort battles, in the long run this saves you a lot of money.
  • You have more work points for church building (1 from charisma + 3 from leadership vs 3 from strength tank's case)
  • And more recently, you get a lot more work points for many new jobs. In many cases you can only switch to your xp or money set if you have points on leadership, being full hp don't provide enough work points in order to switch to the secondary set. And on some jobs like Robbing a Gold Digger, Work as a Bandit Leader or Work as a Coroner you earn a lot of work points which also increases your luck. It's like having special build for that job because most of them have 5 different skills, it's like having full trading build for Lead a trading office. It's not fair to those with hp builds.
Not to mention that it's no fun at all to play tank now when everyone is dealing extremely high damage. It's redundant to mention the fact that many people have Gringo's weapons and play with over 300 sector damage. As an adventurer I've been KO many times in a single round. And when I survived 2 or more, my teammates got hit pretty hard. Do something with this character class.

thenootz55

Private
Not to mention that it's no fun at all to play tank now when everyone is dealing extremely high damage.
This ^. At least previously with Summer Spirits you could nullify the damage done by opposing tanks.
Maybe the direction is to move more towards a build for tanks where you lower the overall hp in favor of Setting Traps / Hiding? I haven't tested it, so I'm genuinely curious if this sort of build would increase the primary resistance (also not very familiar with the fort update wrt secondary and primary resistance)

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
This is what happens when they don't let the Developer take his time and work on all aspects of Fort Fighting instead of just quite-limited parts of it.

They missed the big opportunity after the last IFBC (the 3rd) ..

Maybe the direction is to move more towards a build for tanks where you lower the overall hp in favor of Setting Traps / Hiding?

Afaik Diggo always wanted to prevent "no-brain all-in-1 skill" builds but they just don't let him finish the job.

Now resistance is even weaker.
Because we can't get any of it from Skills (Hp kills it) and the Set bonuses became useless for the most part.

Idk how is the Distance penalty nowadays but I liked it being a real factor before.

Last edited:

thenootz55

Private
Now resistance is even weaker.
Because we can't get any of it from Skills (Hp kills it) and the Set bonuses became useless for the most part.
Indeed, I forgot that you have to divide over the actual HP and not skill points in HP skill :(

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Maybe the direction is to move more towards a build for tanks where you lower the overall hp in favor of Setting Traps / Hiding
These skills have strong diminishing returns. I don't think it's the right thing to do. And if the defense is too high, there may be complaints that players miss too much, even if when they hit they cause extremely high damage, it will be too random. You feel better when you hit more often even if you deal lower damage. And low level duliests deal as much damage as the tanks do now against spirit sets, oddly, that's exactly what Diggo said he wanted to change with the new formula. Critical hits should also be slightly nerfed in my opinion. In fact, some bigger changes should be made. And I suspect that there will be a balancing of the character classes, I hope it will be done properly.