1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Job Times

Discussion in 'Polling' started by Diggo11, Apr 3, 2013.

Share This Page

?

Which work time is the best?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2013.
  1. Two hour jobs

44.2%
  2. One hour jobs

41.9%
  3. Under 60 minute jobs

14.0%
  1. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    +1, but it's not the exp i care about, it's the drop rate for products. Most of the jobs i want to do overnight are 5 minutes long. I'd love to be able to do them for 1 or 2 hours at a time with a proportionate drop rate ;)

2. tribgrep

tribgrep Corporal

Main Server:
    That would be a solution good for both parties. And the Devs will have more work on their hands :D
    However, as you already pointed out, the balancing will be hard to code and implement.
    Though I hope there is still hope for this.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  3. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Very nice- and perhaps it could save what is left of the small worlds before it is too late.

4. I agree with this. The most important thing that has to be balanced is the product drop rate. If I want to make XP or money most of the time I can choose between a couple of long and short jobs. But if I want to find some specific products I am forced to work only short or long (for example, spike only with 2-hours job and cotton only with 2,5-minutes job). THIS is in my opinion the main problem with the new job system. Butcher Pete's idea would be a nice solution.

5. Das Dee

Das Dee Guest

OK, so there is more than one kind of players. Not all are playing in that way like I do. In the morning I start some jobs, at lunch time I have a look what's up and in the evening I have a look how to go on. So - for me 2 hrs are OK but other players (that, who are more active) need lower times. I'm fine with the reward I get from this job, others should get higher rewards on the same job with shortened working hours.

Well - remembering my way, think about a quest saying - lets say - prospecting 14 times. So I start 4 jobs in the morning, 4 jobs around lunch time and 4 jobs in the evening. An "active" player needs 70 mins but for me it takes more than a day...

I'm an employee, not a school boy using a smart phone being 24/7 online.

6. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    No, I think you're both missing the point again, as well as Diggo's hints and eye socket implosion. I said ignore the fact that this job system exists at all. In the old job system, nobody worked 5 minute or 15 minute jobs, it was always 1 hour unless you needed something different for a quest. Vote as if we're 6 months in the past.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. Sakiz105

Sakiz105 Corporal

always worked 5 minutes shifts for dropping items :rolleyes:

8. Bluep

Bluep Guest

...I voted for the 1 hour option - but as most of the others said in here, the freedom to chose would be the best solution.
    If I need one specific item, I'd like to try in in 5 or 10 minute steps; but most of the time, when I need big amounts or simply want to earn money / gain experience, I'd definitely chose the longest availiable time. Even more than 2 hours.
    But since that is not the question (although quite often the wrong questions lead to the right answers ^^) I voted for 1 hour, the average of the time units I hope for ;)