1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Job Times

Discussion in 'Polling' started by Diggo11, Apr 3, 2013.

Share This Page

?

Which work time is the best?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2013.
  1. Two hour jobs

44.2%
  2. One hour jobs

41.9%
  3. Under 60 minute jobs

14.0%
  1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Votes are PUBLIC, you can only select ONE option.

2. harres

harres Private

2 hour jobs are just boring. I do only 2 hour jobs when I am not online for a long time. ( at night when I sleep:rolleyes: )

3. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    When i'm online, 5, 10, 15 or 30 minute jobs, when i'm offline, 1 or 2 hour jobs. I hate that that's not an option anymore on all jobs.

4. Sakiz105

Sakiz105 Corporal

Give us back all the options

5. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    That is not, necessarily, the discussion ;)

6. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

Perhaps it should be!!! the game was better when we had a choice of times and not a choice of jobs. Now we have to choose jobs depending on how much time we can spare which for alot of peeps made the game un-playable in a sense. Ive deleted 5 worlds since the jobs time changed as i can't/won't sit and click endlessly with the new times for very little rewards in most cases

7. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Perhaps, but that's not the question (or even a question) we need answered ;)

8. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Again I cant vote - I would prefer to have it as it was before- to be able to choose how long you want to work . I cant sit by the computer all day - so sometimes I prefer long jobs - and sometimes short.

It should be possible to have higher drop rates when you choose short times - and lower if you choose long. This has been suggested before.

The short job times - are the reason we lost 50% of the players in the Danish worlds. Many players felt that it was impossible to play.

It is true that you can choose a long job - in the morning - when you know you are working. - But most people don't have a lot of time to plan in the morning - and you might not have a long job, you need for anything.

9. lulumcnoob

Main Server:
    EN
    well, referring to the question, i can't answer, because it depends if i'm online or offline. the few jobs that i need to do for crafting are all 5 minute jobs, which i can't do overnight. and when i'm online i'm usually duelling... meh

10. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    I liked the old system but, going around the new one, is not so hard.

One thing i see is that the accounts that are just for collecting products and make fort fights now are stopped for 23h of each day since they canĀ“t do the longer jobs. Most of them already saw there account been deleted. (even that there is a "group" of younger accounts that just disappear at the same time someone older gives up the game... higher than the normal felling on the numbers that happen normally. The same thing happens when someone from the top gets blocked and on the next day, 100 accounts are deleted... but that is a "mystery")

But i would like to suggest a few options:
    Raise the time of the jobs that are below 5 minutes and place them starting at 5 minutes instead of the 1 minute that is now and raising the drop of the products by that value. (the 15seg would get an upgrade to 1 minute and keep the 100% drop chance)
    With that change, new times would need to be added. Something like 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 1h, 1:30 and 2h.
    That would let people go around other things and play the game in a similar way like it was before.

On the other side there is an other option...
    Reduce the time of the longer job for 1h (reducing the drops in 55% on each 2h job, 35% on the 1:30 and 20% on the 1h) and raise the number of jobs we can have on the free queue to 6 and the premium to 11.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  11. Das Dee

Das Dee Guest

I prefer the "old Style" - even if it's not the question, or the expected answer, here...

I know, nobody cares - I just want to publish my opinion. :cool:

12. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Assume you're offline or expecting to be afk for 2+ hours.

13. Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Guest

For me it's 2 hours all the way

I have weird timetables, so I never know if I'll be online or not, so I just schedule the longest jobs I can, and hope that I use all the energy...This doesn't happen as often as I'd like, so I usually end up wasting lots of energy

14. wasa2

wasa2 Guest

I'm with you for 2 hours will be fine

15. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    I think a lot of people are missing the point here, and if so it won't really give an accurate representation of the majority opinion. This is not really something that anyone "can't vote" on, it's a simple matter of opinion. I see a lot of people are basing their votes on what they prefer in specific situations, i.e. whether they are staying online or heading offline. Completely forget about the job system that is in place and vote for what would be ideal.

16. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

A choice would be ideal ;) . As every day is different and the time I and others can be online varies allot. There's days when the 2 hours work fine when I'm not online so i don't waste energy, while on the other hand there are day's when I can be online and the shorter jobs work better. It's horses for course's really. It's just a pity the current system forces us to choose jobs depening on our activity and not times :(

17. lulumcnoob

Main Server:
    EN
    I think everyone gets the point, we all just feel really strongly about having the choice of how long we work. About the only thing that i agree with olga on :p

Well then it may as well me 2 hour job times if that's how long i'm away for, assuming the drop rate is proportionate to the rest of the job times. :lol:

18. tribgrep

tribgrep Corporal

Main Server:
    I know most of you feel strongly about going back to the old way of doing, but for several reasons this will probably not happen, the game will be a lot slower to begin with. I can recall loads and loads of complaints as to why the-west was so slow and why it always got stuck. One of the elements of delay was the choice of times. And furthermore, most of you came here to find a challenging game. The biggest challenge in any game is coping with changes in the game (especially as drastic as the 2.0 update). I for one like the new system, it has its flaws, but what game doesnt? I like the way I am being challenged to cope with the updates, new quests and the new dueling system.

The main point I would like to make is: Maybe we should look into the future and accept changes a little more, so we can provide a decent game for the rest of the world.
    After all it all passes through us first ;) We are the Beta ;)

Back on topic, for we are drifting off again:
    As I have to work quite a lot it is easier for me to do the 2 hour jobs and during active gameplay the 15 minute jobs. I chose 2 hour, a I mostly do those kind of jobs and therefor qualify it as most important.

19. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Probably isn't as certain as you may think *eye socket implodes*

20. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

Were not asking to revert to the old system, we would just have liked a choice to be given to us in the new system. For every job there should be a long and short version. Iv made some examples below

[​IMG]

As we were told with the introduction of .20 the devs wanted shorter times to award more active players, understandable . So as you can see in the pic it would be more profitable to lay railroad tracks 9x10 minutes as it is to do 1 90 minute job but at least there is a choice. Or if a player wanted to drill for oil for 2 hours it would be less profitable than doing 4x30 minute jobs, again its a choice.
    Perhaps as an added incentive let the shorter job times have a 30% chance to drop a 2nd product(50% with premium) This wont effect the actual drop rate of the product but rather once the first product is found then the double up % kicks in

I know this system would take a lot of work to implement and will have a lot of balancing issues with ragards quests and energy requirements but it could of all been avoided if the devs actually engaged with our community a little more during .20's development and implementation instead of whats become there customary post and run tactic :(