1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Items that aren't but should be upgradable

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by Diggo11, Mar 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

where would you get that idea? if the idea of protecting investments and keeping chests as a huge money maker were InnoGames concerns, they would have done that, they chose total revenue though. That should not be a surprise to anyone... Buying chests are a choice and they have become worse investments over the last few years due to changes within them and tombolas, which is actually where The West makes most of its money. Every Tombola has a NEW event winner set, making the last further obsolete, but they have more of a case for complaint than howdah and Gt owners...

I agree howdah and gt should be upgradeable and I hope they at some point, but this argument will get you no where. i have owned at least 3 of each of those on various worlds. i went through the premium chests that resulted in calamity jane belts, so i understand the frustration, but they cannot be the top items forever. If someone wishes to spend 8 mil plus to upgrade a shop weapon, so be it, but you have that very same option. Sell your GT or Howdah and use the cash to level the shop item of your choice, easy fix, one that tombola event winners do not have

2. gaurdian of hell

gaurdian of hell Reservist

what you guys are forgetting is that if this system continues then someday a weapon with 400-550 damage would come.....what then? it might be like worth 15m but wont that kill the game? players instead of buying chests and workin on jobs for good weps would just get their rusty weps upgraded.This is sure gonna be a loss to InnoGames if howdah and GT are over-looked and rusty old weps can be turned into killin machines

3. Hobie

yea but you are pointing out one aspect and assuming nothing else will change. for example, better clothes that could take those 400 hp hits. in addition, reworking the contents of chests has already been mentioned as something they plan on doing in the near future. And, we can all safely assume new items will keep coming out. eventually we will also see levels beyond 150... unless they cancel the game. But the point being is its an evolving world that will continue to change

4. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    Why are you stating the obvious?
    Besides that, where did anyone say that they were forced to buy or use nuggets?

5. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

You did. Right here:
    By quoting that specific part of Ahram's messange, and leaving that reply, you made it sound like InnoGames or somebody else is forcing people to use nuggets, which is wrong.

6. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    Then you completely misinterpreted my comments

7. gaurdian of hell

does the change always mean making the old items of no use and handing out all the powers to the new things? what is the fate of the new weapons that come with the events when people wont bother much about the skills as they're getting unbelievable damage.
    I read that some guy wrote here that with better weapons better hp clothes would come...does that mean one day we would be at 1000k hp and 5k damage per hit? if that is the case then this game is gonna be killed soon.
    Just for some profit please dont introduce changes that might have players lose intrest.First it is the coming of new sets every 3 or 4 months....you did not even complete the previous sets and the new ones already came and now you'll get us killing machines that everyone can get just with some in-game cash.
    Please keep it simple,new sets are good if they are introduced after a good time interval,like just 4 sets per year,same applies to the upgrading system,you'll favour those who'll spend cash to get those items but the ones who dont use any nuggets or are not with much cash,they would suffer.

8. Hobie

well i don't think many would argue that the quality of the game has gone down over the last few years and its a large result of tombolas, the events in between, the "limited" items, etc... However, the business side has gone way up and that is InnoGames's main focus, they are a business, so new material/items and a constant evolution to the game is needed to generate revenue and also keep the game from getting stale. So, we will continue to see weapons getting better and clothing that is better. Its naive to think otherwise since its been happening for a couple years now. FF rifles have become more powerful, so have the resistance and def values. We see more HP, higher crits... Sets that allow for higher damage in duels, so they come out with a resistance set... etc etc etc. Its a dance, but InnoGames is not going to throw the brakes on and say, "we've had enough of this cash stuff" anytime soon. So, if the game remains profitable, in 2050 we may see a 10k damage hit. If that's the case, then i'm sure the player also has 50k HP. Its all relative. But... I hope they allow GT and Howdah to become upgradable, still it doesn't matter because there will always be a financial need to have something better come along.

9. gaurdian of hell

What i would say is,if you are giving powers to the inferior race then why not let the superior race also have a taste of it? We all know it is virtually impossible to upgrade a howdah or GT even if they are made upgradable.It would mean using up like 15m(or even more) for just upgrading a single weapon that is too rare.What i think and have also read in the previous posts that some amount of cash be required to upgrade the howdah and the GT so that they don't get out-powered by the inferior weps.This makes it pretty fair,ones who can pay like 2m for upgrading a howdah to level 1 really deserve it.Now the amount required to upgrade it to level 1 is a subject of another discussion but if it is really made possible then it would balance the power.

10. Ahram

Ahram Private First Class

To me this starts to sound a lot like the people that currently have Howdah and GT are afraid of duelling on equal ground.

Nothing prevents them from buying 243 weapons and upgrade them to a level 5 weapon, but they still want their Howdah or GT to be the most powerful...

Howdah and GT have had their 15 minutes of fame, now its time for lvl 5 weapons to have theirs :up:

11. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    That's just your opinion and I'm sure the majority of players would disagree with your comments.
    I think you have already made you point a few times previously, so please stop labouring it now :D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  12. Hobie

my argument for the GT and Howdah to be upgradeable has zero to do with keeping them as top items. I actually like the fact that if a player wants to spend 10-14 mil they can have a better item. But, if the InnoGames belt, venomous snake, the DOI can be upgraded, they why omit gt and howdah? True, you could have bought 3 snakes, or have 3 DOI's from original purchase/xmas bags, and 3 InnoGames belts is not really that hard if you have cash, but a player could also have 3 or those items or at least get three eventually. So why not just allow them to have the same requirements as the other items for no other reason than to shut people up?

also lost in the shuffle, the Quarter Horse. I mean come on, it cannot be leveled???

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  13. Ahram

Ahram Private First Class

Aye, that is my opinion, and I don't care how many agree with me, but I'll make you a deal... I'll stop when you stop :up:
    Untill then, I guess you should come up with a constructive opinion, instead of just considering your opinion represent the majority of people, but not saying how you think it should be.

Thing is that this entire upgrade-circus, in my opinion, have been rushed too much, and not thought out well enough.
    Everything (GT and Howdah included :confused:) should be upgradeable, and it should have required more effort, than just buying stuff in the shop and using some dollars/nuggets to upgrade it.
    Like items that randomly drop from the various activities in the game, some that are crafted, higher level requiring more and/or rarer items, some of the items could be unsellable and not auctionable, that way people would have something to do, not just something to use their dollars on...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  14. Hobie

yea could have been a good chance to use up those useless diamonds, emeralds etc in the inventory. 1k diamonds and 2 howdahs to level to 1 or whatever.

15. gaurdian of hell

So you mean to say that Howdah and GT owners wasted all their hard earned cash and now its just these upgradable weapons? Want it to be equal then why not make howdah and GT upgradable? We all know that it is virtually impossible to get 3 howdahs and then upgrade it,but if you want it to be fair then why not let the GT and howdahs to be upgradable with ingame cash,the value might depend on other factors but still why not make it upgradable and then we can call it fair :whistle:

16. zweig

zweig Guest

can you explain why the money is wasted when someone bought a howdah two years ago and used it for two years?
    from that point of view you can never buy any clothes because if you level up and buy better clothes when available the money would also be wasted.
    but in fact, it's not wasted because you had the advantage of the clothes (or howdah in the other case) for a specific amount of time.

17. Tyrus

Tyrus Guest

Sleepyhead set is only partially upgradeable, does this have any particular reason? Would be nice if it was completely upgradeable, since a lot of players have a couple of spare parts of the set.

18. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    That´s something i had thought when they announced the upgrade function.
    They already have the Crafting (that very few people do... and some of them want to get to 650 in less than 5 minutes just by pressing the mouse pad) and they have hundreds of things around.... plus over 1000 clothes and weapons. Like i sayed before, i was waiting for something like that. 10 new recipes for each crafting, plus 2 level 650 that would give some very special thing to upgrade some of the best clothes and weapons.
    And another "level" that would be the upgrade plans. Something that would use a similar system to the crafting but asking for n clothes, some products and crafting items.
    That would create a massive amount of play time and would take more time to get it.
    This one... is just money money money. Nothing else.

19. gaurdian of hell

Its not just about the ones who bought it before two years and then used it,howdahs are in circulation even now and people may massive amounts for them,in briscoe one went for 10m a week back.So you know that it is much more just than the money being wasted,it now faces threat from the inferior weapons.You are giving a chance to the non-howdah owning players,why not give a chance to the howdah owning players too? They use up atleast 5m on a howdah,then they get to know its of no use and then they again have to use like 5m or even more to get a high level weapon to level 5 that won't be even worth the hassle,why not make their howdahs upgradable with a big amount like 3m,that makes each howdah worth atleast 7m and when i say 7m i am just talking about the lower limit,when players buy it for 10m and then upgrade then its like 13m.So dont you think that when a players uses 13m he should have a better option then others?

20. Hobie

it does depend on if you are talking about leveling items close to howdahs and gt's or passed. based upon the cash figures you quoted, it appears more, at which case the perk to still owning a GT or Howdah is the level required is much less than those shop items that can pass them in damage. you can rule the dueling seas for ages before another can defend themselves... but that's all from a new world perspective. Current worlds, I can argue that those items have had their time in the sun and that blah blah blah, but once again if DOI's can be upgraded and venomous snakes, then why not Gt or Howdah? To get 3 of either of them MAY be possible to one person, but to get 9 for level 2, I highly doubt and for the real world cash cost it would take, they would deserve it. So I am all in favor of leveling both of those, but since no exceptions to stat raises or items requirements have been changed for other items, i would want theirs to be the same, 3 needed or they take the time to fix this jumbled mess of contradictions from top to bottom, which it is probably too late for