1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Items that are but shouldn't be upgradable

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by Diggo11, Mar 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Please post them here.

2. darkguardian666

darkguardian666 Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    all the unique event items, e.g. romeo's sword

3. Bonnie Lassie

Bonnie Lassie Reservist

La Catrina set and presumably El Mariachi set
    Valentine's day horse
    Bartender's set

Army hat, Adventurer's hat and other items from L15 class questlines (only 1 obtainable)

The Mexican (quest item)

Lover's belt
    Oktoberfest mug
    Kitty

Night cap/bear? (rest of sleepy set is not upgradeable)

Pilgrim undergarn (and male version, Pilgrim trousers?)

Necklace of endearment

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  4. Rastlos

Rastlos Private First Class

As all of these items are unique you will never be able to upgrade because you cannot have 3 of them ;)

From my opinion all Event-Set items (Cullens, Doolins etc.) should be excluded from upgrades. Same for the Outlaw-Set.

5. Don Milzos

Don Milzos Reservist

:word:

6. dizzy dee

dizzy dee Reservist

since you lose the set bonus while wearing upgraded items i dont think anyone want to upgrade those items.

7. Rastlos

Rastlos Private First Class

This is just the current situation. Well, I am pretty sure that InnoGames will change this very soon to keep the upgraded set items within the setbonus. And who knows, maybe there will be later also the possibility to upgrade a set bonus (for nuggets only of course ;)).

8. cl4udioo2

cl4udioo2 Private First Class

I think event set items ( black bart, natty, pat, etc etc) and named items shouldnt be able to be upgraded.

9. Thunderwolf

Thunderwolf Reservist

definitly all the event set items, if these are upgradable the balance will be completely lost in several aspects...

10. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

i think all items should be upgraded, outside of the unique, but the upgraded stats should be worth it. Right now, we can only level to 2 and 3 is coming soon, so if someone wants to spend that much in game cash to buy 9 baker rifles to get to level 2, then so be it, but long term, it will cap itself due to tombola nugget cost or the in game cash cost. Still, the stat increase should be worth that amount of financial effort, otherwise little point to the feature as it would just be a novelty. Also the hats and ties are what most have piles of in their inventories so they make the most sense to the player, as well as InnoGames to make more money. Just needs a balance found on the stat increase amount

11. zweig

zweig Guest

+1 from me.

12. fafer

fafer Guest

it seems logical, but then who would upgrade normal items at all since bonus (so far) is really small.

also Outlaw set should be upgradeable, since everyone can get it. and it will be good use of non-auctionable items from that set.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  13. dinka007

dinka007 Reservist

All items should be upgraded !

If it is not possible to upgrade the new sets, then it will be like the mpi.
    (good idea, but because of little mistakes it is unsuccessful)

Upgraded normal items still worse than the new sets with their bonuses.
    We vant to upgrade cullan, deadwood, black bart...

Otherwise we upgrade Yuma, 1-2 weapons... and that's it.

14. Thunderwolf

Thunderwolf Reservist

Outlaw set is actually upgradable

What I mean with losing the balance, nuggeteers will buy as much as they can, and won't put the items on the market as fast as they did. What I think is that the nuggeteers will get the better equipment, while the non nugget player even get less items to buy from the market (although this is kind of speculation at the moment of course, only an event will tell)

15. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

Don't think this will be too much of an issue, with every event there is more often than not an abundance of hats, ties, belts and boots that drop and they are the most likely candidates for upgrading, once you start getting into the Jackets, Pants, Riding Animals and Weapons then many will weigh up the worth of utilizing such items for upgrading against the cost of purchasing them in relation to the benefit they receive. I find it highly unlikely that during the course of an event a player will spend 27 x 800 nugget spins (luck pending)just to upgrade an item to level 3 for a few extra skill points, their money would be better off spent on buying skill points and improving their all round statistics rather than just one item.

NB: Purchasing nuggets to upgrade skill points and attribute points has always been an option in the past and was/is an indirect way to upgrade your items and has always been exclusive to nugget purchases, with the new item upgrade feature there is now an option to use in-game cash as well which does balance the playing field a little more.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  16. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    I concur, I can see this being the exact problem, the 'rich' players on Alamogordo are already holding on to multiple sets of Cullen Baker gear, it's not gonna get any better

17. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

Collector's Necklace

18. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

what i think is the ,nuggeteer is going to focus on 1 set maybe 2 and sell all the surplus to buy the pieces of the market he wants ;)

19. HALCON DE ORO

HALCON DE ORO Private First Class

Main Server:
    ES
  20. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    Every Tombola set item.