• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Item Upgrading Feedback Thread

dizzy dee

Reservist
item upgrade should be a feature to bring back in the game all the non-event items nobody cares about right now. There are hundreds of common items that only slow down game(play) and are useless for most of the players. After the event-items were introduced nobody bothered about common stuff, we all wanted the event set items for obvious reasons. Before that i actualy checked players what they wear at fort fights, duels, jobsite as there was almost unlimited possible combinations (remember rhe "migthy brown tie :) ). No need for that right now as all top players wear 2 or 3 event sets. I have no solution how to do that but i thougth its something to consider.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Another unsure detail for me: The upgrading will raise the given skill points with 10%. For example I'm lvl 139. If my xy hat gives 24 aim, I'll receive +2, BUT after level up, my standard hat would give 25 aim (28 after upgrading). So my question is: After reaching a higher level, which increases the standard points of an item, the upgraded bonus points will also increase? Or just simply I'll loose points if I'm upgrading at lower levels?
The upgraded bonuses should be calculated from the base item at your current level, no matter what level you were when it was upgraded.

I don't see the point in upgrading. It seems like it will cost as much or even more than just going out to buy better items. And the number of items needed to upgrade something to a really high level where it might be helpful is just out of the realistic to me and probably a lot of others. :blink:

What is more of an issue to me is the current broken state of the 'work clothes' button. Until it is fixed it is impossible to safely work any jobs, as all you can do is guess at what items will reduce the danger and increase the odds of a product drop.

I'm also not real fond of the way the order of the items got stirred around when this change was made. It's mostly reversed, but not totally, so I spend longer looking for certain items I want to use.
I knew what page the items of my sleepy set were and some other things, and now they are somewhere else. Ok, I can learn it all again, but there doesn't seem to be a good reason why it was changed. :mad:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
What is more of an issue to me is the current broken state of the 'work clothes' button. Until it is fixed it is impossible to safely work any jobs, as all you can do is guess at what items will reduce the danger and increase the odds of a product drop.

I'm also not real fond of the way the order of the items got stirred around when this change was made. It's mostly reversed, but not totally, so I spend longer looking for certain items I want to use.
I knew what page the items of my sleepy set were and some other things, and now they are somewhere else. Ok, I can learn it all again, but there doesn't seem to be a good reason why it was changed. :mad:
As far as I see, everything written here is fixed or in the progress of being fixed pending an update.

Stevie McQueen

Reservist
As far as I see, everything written here is fixed or in the progress of being fixed pending an update.
Good to know Diggo ...I for one , am excited at being able to select the best clothes again for jobs by using the "work clothes" button.

& yes . ..... I am that sad :whistle:

Stevie McQueen

Reservist
Good to know Diggo ...I for one , am excited at being able to select the best clothes again for jobs by using the "work clothes" button.

& yes . ..... I am that sad :whistle:
I see an update released today

" work clothes " option is still not offering any suggestions

I remain sad

:(

The upgrading system is an interesting idea and I like how it makes gameplay more varied. However, I do agree with the views expressed here saying that upgrading makes collecting more difficult and unbalanced. As an incomplete solution (that I find useful, nonetheless), I would suggest a means to reverse upgrades back to the original items.