1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Item Upgrading Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Versions 2.20 & 2.21' started by Diggo11, Mar 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. fafer

fafer Guest

Unfortunately, not helpfull with items that give for example 0.2 bonus to skill per level since all are the same for all 5 item levels.

2. Rastlos

Rastlos Private First Class

You don not have to publish the formula but if there are any restrictions (e.g. by lvl) on the items regarding the maximum upgrade lvl I want to know in advance. It makes no sense if you plan to upgrade certain items on a high lvl, invest money or nuggets to find out at a certain stage that a further upgrade is not possible.
    This kind of transparancy should be possible!

3. PtyLtd

PtyLtd Reservist

I like it, and i dont like it.

From a players standpoint it is nice, novelty to a degree, you get something to paly with for a while, improve items you have multiples of etc that you cant get rid of.

The negatives though, are something I think that need ot be looked at, for example a GT is not upgradable, I'm sure a person would truly love to go spend 1 million on sharp nickel plated tomahawks and upgrade them to the max to replace that. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a GT. In essence it makes the premium chest even more worthless than what it was before, because your absolute boon items to get are now nothing more than a collectors item.

Same goes for even winners guns(or things like the soccer, friday or summer sets), they will need to have a sharp increase in power to appeal to people who would spend money to get them, because why would you want to spend hundreds, or thousands of real life dollars to get something which you can only have on you specific world that is less useful than something you can essentially buy on the market. This is without mentioning of course the signal it sends out to past winners of these events. With the power creep that goes on it was somewhat undesirable, but manageable, but if the next event winners weapons are a huge step to counteract the upgrade possibilities, and the new upgraded items are better than old event winners' items it says alot about the need to bother getting them again. Sure the upgrades create a broader pay to win environment, but you will also drop some business from your prime pay to win market if there is any sort of backlash.

4. DanteNightroad

DanteNightroad Reservist

1.make it cheaper, its crazy that we not only have to have 3 of the same items but also pay full price for it once more, for a very small bonus. as far as I can see any tombola set is still better than an upgraded common stuff.
    2.add a semi meaningless progress bar that has a chances to get a + from an upgrade. the bigger your level in that bar the bigger your chances to get a double upgrade (like double craft)
    3.add a switch button for the upgrade window so it only shows items you have enough of for an upgrade. (3)
    4. think about putting the search button back and adding a 3ed bar with ,recipes, ,consumables,job products and equitable products all split into their own boxes.
    5.let joke items be upgradable for free.stuff like wooden wizards set.

notes.
    grey wool belt is not upgradable

no player has used 1000 dollars on anything. they will pay for conveniences. maybe add a 1 week cooldown on each item so you can only upgrade them once a week. from a play stand point it looks like a money pit for your junk items except instead of getting 50k for junking them now you pay instead.
    yeah this sounds good.

5. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

You make a valid point about exclusive items, the question then becomes how long or what sort of time frame do you want/expect these items to hold dominance for? We kind of face similar situations on the outside world, how many of us have purchased a television only to see a bigger/better more powerful television on the shelf for sale not long after our purchase.

Personally, 6-12 months use as a substantially dominant item seems fair to me though my opinion doesn't carry much weight as I have never been a tombola winner.

6. PaPa PoPCoRN

Would a exclusive nugget only upgrade for exclusive items be a work around fix? Considering you can't get multiple exclusive items from winning a tombola in order to upgrade how about a fixed nugget price, something like 1000 nuggets to get a level 1 upgrade, 2000 nuggets for level 2, 4000 nuggets for level 3 and so on ?

7. Stevie McQueen

Stevie McQueen Reservist

Not a fan of this

At low levels it's just pointless & on top gear it's much too expensive to get any decent performance improvement even with the set equipment . I see no purpose to it except for the collectors being able to have something "new" & the bored to have something to play with .

On a personal note I am pretty annoyed that this update has wrecked my inventory in that I can no longer use the "work clothes" option for jobs , which makes the game very frustrating & almost unplayable .

Please , do not roll this out to .net in it's current format

8. DanteNightroad

DanteNightroad Reservist

are you being sarcastic?

9. PaPa PoPCoRN

No, why? Most servers have an option to purchase skill/attribute points with nuggets. What's the difference if someone decides to add SP/AP with nuggets or they decide to upgrade items with nuggets? Happens in real life games as well, people have access to better gear, better training facilities and the like, I don't think I own any exclusive items on any server but don't see an issue with upgrading them for those that do.

NB: What's the other solution? InnoGames will just release new exclusive items that are more powerful than the ones before, i.e. upgrades already built in that are exclusive for nugget purchases like the Soccer Shirts, Shorts, Event Winner items etc ...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  10. Thadious Pud

Thadious Pud Guest

I'm really liking this idea! But I think it should include the multiple of like items as well. Without needing multiple Natty Rifles this process could easily be nuggeted just buying the products from the jobs. Then again I don't think there is anything you can't do with nuggets other than get the friendship points lol which I don't have any and I've been playing 5 years!

11. PtyLtd

PtyLtd Reservist

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Many players with exclusive items, whether they be Tombola winner guns, Friday gear, soccer gear etc, have paid hundreds or thousands of dollars to get them. The possibility of them not able to be upgraded and have something which someone goes and spends 1 million ingame bucks on be better than the special item is actually a disincentive for players to purchase these special items. So yes, his point is a valid suggestion regarding potentially upgrading them without alienating an already established revenue stream.

12. dizzy dee

dizzy dee Reservist

1. nobody forced them to buy stuff
    2. an overwhelming bonus that lasts for 6-12 months is ok or do you think they deserve infinite overpowered bonuses?

Using this logic spending real money for premium bonuses then should also be actvive forever?

13. PaPa PoPCoRN

What's the difference if they decide to buy the 2015 exclusive items which have a 10% upgrade already built in them or they get a chance to improve their 2014 exclusive items for a 10% upgrade for say a similar price to buying the newer items? Maybe cap the upgrade to one level per year for exclusive items so they are always in line with the newer exclusive items.

No logic in your premium bonus example, once the premium feature expires, guess what, you have an option to activate it again with nuggets , so that point is null and void.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  14. dizzy dee

dizzy dee Reservist

Well maybe InnoGames will repeat the events and then you can buy enough special event items to upgrade them as you like.

Don't get me wrong - i also buyed the DoI when it first appeared as it was announced as super rare (only 10 per world) and special item i this once in a lifetime oportunity - and 2 y later you see what DoI is worth...

15. PtyLtd

PtyLtd Reservist

Of course not, it is more the absolute power jump that the next set of items will signify. NO item should be better forever than the rest, this is why there is a slow power creep. With this, there is going to have to be a significant power leap, not even a creep, to get people to think of potentially purchasing tings like this. The items got slowly worse as time wore on, and to compare it to the DoI(which could have been had for free btw) is something slightly different. Yes, no one forced them to purchase items, but no on is going to purchase items in the near future unless the next set of them has quite a big performance increase over the last set of these said items. This in itself is going to be a bigger pay to win environment on top of the added one that the items upgrades are adding in their own right

Now maybe they have planned for this, and maybe they havent. That is for InnoGames to know, but it is still a concern either way. However, in no way shape or form should a precise double barrel shotgun(when upgraded) be better than something like the event winners guns if you expect people to want to purchase them in the future.

16. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

im just curious, its nice to have a feedback thread, but when the update is pushed out so quickly with already notifications of its arrival on .Net, is the thread purpose just to appease players? Its not as if anything said here helped to shape the upgrading system and if our concerns are being taken into account for possible future updates, then why push it out as is? Adventures were tested for quite sometime, this was less than some tombolas and as a what i consider to be a potential major change to the game, just seems rushed

17. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    I make sure all reasonable things written here are communicated to project management, but it's up to them what to do with it.

18. Tyrus

Tyrus Guest

The suggestion below is one I'd like as well. Any other thoughts about this?

19. -Webi-

-Webi- Reservist

Another unsure detail for me: The upgrading will raise the given skill points with 10%. For example I'm lvl 139. If my xy hat gives 24 aim, I'll receive +2, BUT after level up, my standard hat would give 25 aim (28 after upgrading). So my question is: After reaching a higher level, which increases the standard points of an item, the upgraded bonus points will also increase? Or just simply I'll loose points if I'm upgrading at lower levels?

20. DanteNightroad

DanteNightroad Reservist

1mill is not easy to get(at least for me) so rare items are not really in that much danger. having a way to breach the gap could be a morale boost to other players. don't make normal items stronger, just near enough or equal(especially if the upgrading cost is made more reasonable).

quest compatibility
    It would be nice if in quests that need you to wear a certain outfit, an upgraded version of that outfit still made you able to complete the quest.

kind of an afterthought but how about some novelty crap? upgrading more or less combines stuff so how about making products "upgradable" some will be 3 of the same product some will be different products, some will need one of each and some will need 30-50 of each. the trick will be in figuring out what combos give what and you could get novelty collectable stuff (like the cards but they would stay in the inventory and could be sold)
    example you put 30 skulls (10 in each slot) and get a mountain of skulls. switch one slot with wood and you get throne of skulls,maps and wood give a globus etc. In time (or maybe from the start) you could work in some useful stuff that gives a bonus without being stronger than the tombola stuff. thus adding life to those products that have become useless.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015