1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Item Upgrading Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Versions 2.20 & 2.21' started by Diggo11, Mar 2, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Good surgestion Ahram

2. torpedo3k

torpedo3k Private

I agree, very interesting.

And then a new idea: to make recipies that can upgrade forjed items.
    May be 1 simple recipe for each profession. Once I learned it, I can forje any upgraded item on my profession. That will depend on how much material I want to spend to forje it (I could chose among the various upgraded levels I reached where higher levels would demand more material).
    Or it can be 1 recipe for each item. If I forje a bayonet 25-75 damage, after learning the bayonet upgrade I'll be able to forje 30-80 damage bayos and so on. There should be an upper limit on this and for any item.

3. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

i like the upgrade feature, but the items should be auctionable. also, their stats increase needs to match the value of the item. 9 Baker rifles for level 2 is simply not worth it as is... really not even 3 for a level 1 appears worth it. Some balancing is needed, otherwise we are going to stop buying tombola items and just upgrade crossbows down the road until they are better than any new item released.

To avoid that, I would like to see the level system capped. Either at like level 3, or reduce the amount of items needed to 2 per level and then go up to level 5. Its literally impossible for players to reach some of the levels as the items shown that have code. perhaps they were for development purposes, but something at least needs to be said.

I would also prefer, if maybe the level stat increases allowed the user to pick. let use choose where the AP's and Sp's added go to really customize the item as our own. Also maybe at level 3 and/or level 5 add a new bonus for use to choose like Exp bonus, luck drop, etc... If we cannot sell the items, then give us a reason to keep them forever.

4. Disappoint

Disappoint Reservist

The only 'problem' I have with this change is that now the inventory is backwards - items are listed in the reverse of the order they've always been in.

And I would still love to see the inventory get "GoTo first/last page" buttons, like the reports section (and these forums).

ADDITION: the inventory link for donating items to the fair is totally messed up. Initially you see 1 or 2 screens as usual, but after going to page 2 the first time, you get 3 pages, and then 4 - I ended up with 7 pages at one point while just trying to donate a few items.
    I can't help but think it's related to the upgrade update and the related changes to inventory.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  5. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    Just as well, the levels are capped

6. Hobie

the levels are at 2 now with 3 coming soon. is 3 going to be the final upgrade level? if not, then they are not capped. hopefully it is though

another great example is the InnoGames belt. Its not hard to get 3 of them just expensive, but would you upgrade them into level one for 1 extra Ap in each. 11,11,11,11 or 3 belts of 10's? A lot of the items follow a plus 1 Ap, plus 2 sp per level, some items like InnoGames belt, D.O.I. etc need to have their point scale adjusted to make it worth while... and yes at the moment DOI shows it can be upgraded

7. zweig

zweig Guest

even if it's not hard-capped at level 3 or some higher level, the price will cap it naturally at some point where you just can't afford it anymore.
    in our german forum someone calculated the cost of a level 7 fancy leg guards (worth 23.310$), that's about 40 million. how many millions do you have?
    i think the nuggetprice will rise just as fast as the dollars, like for buying skillpoints which gets expensive very fast.

and if you think it isn't worth wasting 3 innobelts just to get +1 on all attributes, just don't do it?

8. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Well... this was not what i thought when the roadmap was showed.

I was thinking on a new version of similar to the crafting where we needed to make some quests and need to drop on jobs ($3000 to $12000) single use recipes so we could join up clothes-weapons-items to get new things.
    Something like: precise winchester+Billy peacemaker+black silk scarf+fancy bone neckband+iron barrel (new crafting for level 600 blacksmith)= Billy winchester (that would give a small bonus when equipped together with billy peacemaker).

That would reduce the inventories and get us something more to search for. And been a single use, that would make people search for them and give a boost into the market. Even on events there could be special recipes to be hand off. Since they could only be used once, everyone would like to find them and make the item. At the same time, it would reduce the items and the money in game.

This one... it will not reduce the inventories. It will raise them even more than now. (the new inventory is faster to load the the one we had before)

9. Meliodas

Meliodas Guest

This! Yes!

I like the update up till now, but we'll see how it progresses ;)

10. Rastlos

Rastlos Private First Class

Nice that level 3-5 are now available but there is still the bug that Lvl2 items (and also the following 3-5) have the same values as lvl1 items. Lvl2 items are not stronger than lvl1 items!

11. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    If you are looking at very low character level items then perhaps, but if you try looking at items with bonuses of +10 or more then you should see a jump at every item level.

12. Rastlos

Rastlos Private First Class

Wow, and where did we get this information in your announcements?

Why is it not possible to upgrade the low lvl items the normal way? In which way the bonuses are given at the upgrades (lvl-based, price-based, whatever?)? I guess everybody thought there will be a +1 at each upgrade stage.
    I think you have to explain a bit more detailed ;)

13. poprocker

poprocker Private First Class

I agree : we must be certain it's worth upgrading set items regarding the cost and the failure risk (low for the moment but higher soon I bet :D)

I'd rather use ingame cash for brand new sets coming for the easter event soon

14. zweig

zweig Guest

could you make it possible to upgrade 3x unique precious chests to one glossy premium chest? :p

15. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

Anything is possible. But no :p

16. Tyrus

Tyrus Guest

I tend to agree that it would be nice to integrate crafting.

For example:
    Exact values are just a quick pick, don't hold on to them.
    Smith level 50: +15 damage with fort gun (permanent), usable on 1 item. Needs few regular products.
    Zaddle master level 500: +60% speed (permanent), usable on 1 item. Needs bunch of regular products and some very rare.

This would make upgrading a more interesting process. In addition, crafting would be a lot more fun. (in my experience, only a few objects you can craft really matter) And last, there would be something useful to make on a high craft level, because the special weapons became quite common.

17. Hobie

well that's kind of my point. If its not worth doing, then why bother having it at all? They are clearly pushing this through as fast as possible, probably to beat the Easter tombola and force more players to spend nuggets since they will be out of in game cash and there will be less of previous tombola items available. So from a business stand point this is genius, from a player stand point its a novelty. Sure, because its new, lots will use it now, then after the first tombola, but if left alone, it will die fast due to the fact that new event items will obsolete everything we currently have. Plus most would rather use in game cash to buy the new items when they come out. So if the rewards we get for upgrading the items do not meet the cost or are not worth it, then why will we? And how long will those that do continue? First tombola where the gear is better than anything we have at level 1-2 and this idea is done. Reducing the cost from 3 every level to 2 would help out in all areas and perhaps make it worth while.

18. Rangor

Rangor Reservist

As long as you loose the set bonus, it´s not very smart to upgrade the tombola set items at all! ;)

19. Hobie

you do not loose the set bonus, think that was an early bug that has since been fixed. i can confirm you get a set bonus as I have a level 1 Deadwood Saddle and horse set.

20. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    The upgrade bonuses are calculated through one standard formula, right now with no exceptions. This game is an RPG and not a strategy game so we won't be publishing it for now, although I'm sure anyone curious can discover it for themselves.

In the item upgrade screen, the additional bonuses for the next level are shown at the top. You can of course also use the chat to see the bonuses for all levels of all known items (just add 1-5 to the id).