• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Item Upgrading Feedback Thread

DeletedUser3679

2nd grade has same values as 1st grade - must be a bug.

Don Milzos

Reservist
Balancing?

I think upgrading as it is is a good feature BUT

I also think when named- and set-items stay upgradable the whole balancing will be gone. super PA player will collect tons of good items such as trousers, clothing, shoes etc and upgrade them till the bitter end while "normal" players wont be able to buy at least the non-upgraded item at the market.

Fortbattles & duels will be won by the players with the most upgradest set- or named items. Could be all worse when set bonus is affected by the upgrad too ... havnet tried that so far.

Please reconsider this before the deployment on the "normal" worlds :hmpf:

PaPa PoPCoRN

Lance Corporal
I think upgrading as it is is a good feature BUT

I also think when named- and set-items stay upgradable the whole balancing will be gone. super PA player will collect tons of good items such as trousers, clothing, shoes etc and upgrade them till the bitter end while "normal" players wont be able to buy at least the non-upgraded item at the market.

Fortbattles & duels will be won by the players with the most upgradest set- or named items. Could be all worse when set bonus is affected by the upgrad too ... havnet tried that so far.

Please reconsider this before the deployment on the "normal" worlds :hmpf:
It will take lots of items to upgrade to level 3, from my understanding to get to level 1 you will need 3 identical items, level 2 will require 3 x Level 1 items (3 x 3 = 9 normal items) and level 3 will require 3 x level 2 items (3 x 3 x 3 = 27 normal items), so if someone has 27 spare Cullen Baker Rifle's to merge into 1 superior level 3 Rifle, more power to them I say.

Rangor

Reservist
The item upgarde looks interesting, but right now the game isn´t very well playable!
Cloth calc isn´t working (not your problem) but the ingame cloth calculator is crashing all the time!

-Webi-

Reservist
Hi!

Please tell me, if I'm wrong. Let's take the Deadwood set. I upgrade all the six clothes to level 1, but when I equip them, they won't form a full set with bonus? Or just the bonus will remain at the basics?

Don Milzos

Reservist
It will take lots of items to upgrade to level 3, from my understanding to get to level 1 you will need 3 identical items, level 2 will require 3 x Level 1 items (3 x 3 = 9 normal items) and level 3 will require 3 x level 2 items (3 x 3 x 3 = 27 normal items), so if someone has 27 spare Cullen Baker Rifle's to merge into 1 superior level 3 Rifle, more power to them I say.
in case of balancing he would sell his 26 spare guns to other player which havent even one at all ;)

Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp

That will kill the market...

This is stupied, now only big time nugget users can injoy the game

Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp

No one wanna sell event items when it can be upgraded, that means people will have use endless nuggets to get highest level items which make the difference everywhere...

Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp

An upgrade system is okay, but it should be based on other requirements than the item it self...

Maybe an opertunity to get new stuff in the vetran erea...

PaPa PoPCoRN

Lance Corporal
No one wanna sell event items when it can be upgraded, that means people will have use endless nuggets to get highest level items which make the difference everywhere...
Maybe true to some degree but it can also go the other way, items that were once sold to the mobile trader may have more game use now for upgrading purposes and some of the lower level items that were beginning to become a little obsolete like Drake's Muzzle Loader or Annie's Pants and the like will probably benefit lower level players when fully upgraded to level 3 and stimulate the market as players look for items to upgrade.

Don Milzos

Reservist
Maybe true to some degree but it can also go the other way, items that were once sold to the mobile trader may have more game use now for upgrading purposes and some of the lower level items that were beginning to become a little obsolete like Drake's Muzzle Loader or Annie's Pants and the like will probably benefit lower level players when fully upgraded to level 3 and stimulate the market as players look for items to upgrade.
for all dropable items thats fair.
But when it comes to set-items I dont think youll find those for a reasonable price any longer ... esspecially as there are limited (at least til the next christmas sold-out)

Ahram

Private First Class
Awesome innovation!
Nothing innovative about this feature. It is already standard in most PTW games on the net.

One good thing about this is that now it will be possible to sell useless stuff on the market to the collectors that want to upgrade everything to level 3. :lol:

Instead of using 3 identical items for an upgrade, it should have been 1 upgradeable item, and some needed items gained from various job, created in crafting, dropped from duels/fortfight and adventures.
That would also have given people something to do besides the daily grind :eek:

Could be something along the lines of:
Level 1 upgrade: 2-3 Common items
Level 2 upgrade: 3-4 Common and 1-2 rare items
Level 3 upgrade: 3-5 common, 2-3 rare and 1 very rare items
and so on.