• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Item trading safety

• Thread starter DeletedUser3484
  • Start date

DeletedUser3484

As i see there is only more and more thieves that stealing items from just people, nobody is happy when he lost his item especially if that item was worth a good money or was a rare item, so i decided to suggest something new in trading way, so far nobody was doing anything about trading and i will say what i have in my mind.

New feature could look like this:

Example: Player have a deal to trade his Doc's coat for Natty Bumppo's coat with other player.

There should be new option in market called "Trade" which should be like this:

Click on Town>Market>Trade:
Click on item (Doc's coat in this case) and set it for minimal price and write a player's name(the name of a player means that nobody else can see the item on market) and when you set the item on market then it's player2 turn. Then he must put his Natty Bumppo's coat the same way on market for minimal price and write player1 name, and then they just find each other's items on market and buy them.

Note: Player2 cannot purchase item unless he put the item on market too, so if someone want to steal your item there would be no chances he do that because if he don't put his item you can withdrawn your item from market in 10 minutes after you put it on market.

Let's see who have to say something on this, if someone got better idea let us all know that and post it in reply.

Thanks all i hope this will help.

Wyatt-Earp

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i think this kind of idea exists in nearly every idea-section of every language version of the west. a direct exchange of items.

our german community manager joony told us about some first concepts back in october, so we can expect that InnoGames is aware of the problem and working on a solution.

DeletedUser3547

Note: Player2 cannot purchase item unless he put the item on market too, so if someone want to steal your item there would be no chances he do that because if he don't put his item you can withdrawn your item from market in 10 minutes after you put it on market.

Hmm, what if player 2´s item as not Nattys Coat but a lamb wool? :whistle:
--> He can buy the item from player 1

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3484

Trade safety

Hmm, what if player 2´s item as not Nattys Coat but a lamb wool? :whistle:
--> He can buy the item from player 1

well, if we have that problem then market trade should be oriented ba item ID and every item has different ID, so if hi tries to put that lamb of wool instead of natty coat it should say something like "Wrong item" or similar. But nice question, people be free to say something more if you have ;)

DeletedUser2271

I only agree with that if a fee of 100% is payed by both players (or a fixed value).

That direct trade can be a easy way to cover millions on the multi accounts. So a few of 100% is a minimal price to pay for everyone that wants to use that option of direct sale or trade.

Or a fixed price of $5000 that would not depend on the trade items. Each one pays $5000 to trade the 2 items. The direct trade is made. Finished and protected from any wolf. So it was a very low value for that protection.

This way there would not be a escape for those massive number of multis that are financing just a single account.

DeletedUser

That direct trade can be a easy way to cover millions on the multi accounts. So a few of 100% is a minimal price to pay for everyone that wants to use that option of direct sale or trade.

Making same IP's unable to trade between themselves is already a simple solution. Still, fee should be there in any ways, because trading isn't supposed to be that cheap and simple. Not too high, just a fair fee.

DeletedUser2271

Blocking it to the same ip is impossible.

I access the game from my house, my girlfriend house and a public library.
On the public library i already found 6 or 7 persons that play on the same world i do. Many of them already made deals with me before i knew them. (normal sales on the market or somethings from the events)

Since there are many people using those free access, they cannot get something like that.