• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Ingame Poll: New Fort Battle Formula

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Number of participants: 4894
Votes for new formula: 2076
Votes for old formula: 899
No preference given: 1919
Percent in favour: 69.78%

Last edited:

olga

Master Sergeant
I answered Dont now - because I don't think the difference is good enough - hp still has too big an advantage. But I guess it is a progress.

Last edited:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
At the moment, it is most important to know whether people like what we've got so far, as opposed to whether the formulas are perfect.

twist of fate

In your test, did you think about the bonus class of soldier? because this bonus is now a handicap (more if the soldier is premium)

Gaensegeier

I answered Dont now - because I don't think the difference is good enough - hp still has too big an advantage. But I guess it is a progress.
same for me. i think cloths and buffs are still to strong in combination with hp its more then enough skill (u get all skills us need by cloth and buffs, like golden gun +5 fort battle attack and defense, 3 items natty set (hiding, staima and hp), or items like black tie (hp+leadership), so that u dont see any difference between skill full hp or for new formular. like chicken tell: hp win again and again

so i quess its needed, that cloth wont give enough skills in battles to be good, so that hp skills wont be the best like now.

anyway i miss the option on the polling: an other formular, for change skills many more then actually. and i miss that we cant write an opionion in there, cause formular isnt the only think it needed to change in battles ;)

(sry for english mistakes, not my main lanquage)

Bluep

...you get a bigger malus for the having more HP. Even worse with PA activated; I haven't made exact calculations, but I guess doubling the leadership bonus with an exponent of .5 won't make up for the disadvantage of doubling the HP....
(Follow the quotation link - since it contains additional feedback/suggestions, I thought it would be better placed in that discussion)

Lobsou

Private First Class
Elite Tester
How exactly would it be a handicap?
"Given For Each skill points to the skill health issues you receive an additional 5 health items for your character."

Appears when you look at the HP impact in the equation, the soldier Bonnus is necessarily a handicap.

Already by promoting other haptitudes by feedback this update disadvantage HP (according to the graph disigneur).
Just add the second part of the update that is clearly made to correct the excessive up tanks. The equation reduces the impact of HP by a capital loss proportional to HP.

Unless I do not understand anythings in equations, it comes necessarily a capital loss.

The soldier no longer possess a single bonus: "In hard battles, you Increase the leadership skill for you and your neighbors oven by 25% of your own leadership skill."
Others have become obsolete with the previous update.

The new fort battle formula is realy and intesting thinks, but the soldier are sacrificed.

Last edited:

torpedo3k

Private
I guess InnoGames won't change anything radicaly so players don't leave the game massively as of 2.00. Looking at what was announced in the forum.net regarding the new formula (I reproduce the conclusion) may give us a track of how things are going to work. Posted on 01/07:

Consequences

Overall, health will still be the primary skill for fort battles. This has not changed. However, players with high skills already will notice they perform slightly better. The most obvious change will be the increased damage for these players – standing on a class tower will still trump having a bucket load of stamina and leadership.
If you want to check by yourself:

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=53369

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I guess InnoGames won't change anything radicaly so players don't leave the game massively as of 2.00. Looking at what was announced in the forum.net regarding the new formula (I reproduce the conclusion) may give us a track of how things are going to work. Posted on 01/07: ... http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=53369
Hehe, it's certainly one person's opinion anyway, the authors ;) Since we have enjoyed a limited time to test this change, I believe it was quite important we worked incrementally, i.e. not biting off more than we could chew. Human beings are generally suspicious of change, but the feedback so far seems to have justified such an approach.

Bluep

I still think HP has too much power. It really needs to have negative influence on aiming/dodging... I'm looking forward to the next step :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I edited for the final results of the poll.

Too much, but resistance too low. Tanks haven't got normal alternative.
It should be roughly the same as the damage formula now, but I assume you know that and just want both increased more...