• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Independence Event 2022 Set Feedback

You can't outappearance the amount of tactic a prem soldier in the right gear will have. I know from experience. You know what you do with it? You outresist it. No, not with appearance
With resistance. Hence the name

(the sets you listed are either severly outdated or not available, like curling).
Anyway, the topic of this thread is not duelers barking at each other what good dueling is about. I added my 2 cents, you added yours guess a few more will and then we might end up with an animal instinct-aim-HBR-repair gear. After all, we're still talking about InnoGames :D

Take It Easy

Reservist
You can't outappearance the amount of tactic a prem soldier in the right gear will have. I know from experience. You know what you do with it? You outresist it. No, not with appearance
With resistance. Hence the name

(the sets you listed are either severly outdated or not available, like curling).
Anyway, the topic of this thread is not duelers barking at each other what good dueling is about. I added my 2 cents, you added yours guess a few more will and then we might end up with an animal instinct-aim-HBR-repair gear. After all, we're still talking about InnoGames :D
I have to admit, with animal aim habr repar gear you made my day! :D

eusuntguta

Private
increase the resistance for the new fort set at least as it is to the living. 70 resistance for clothes set and 45 for the horse and the saddle + replace regeneration from the duel set with money or experience bonus, regeneration is completely useless for a duel set. If you want to add a set with regeneration for the new worlds I think is better to add it on the fort set, it's more logical because the fort set has health points.

Last edited:

OneTouch

Private First Class
Appearance to be taken out and toughness/aim to be added - will send the request over.

Please keep in mind that changes will of course be made but not always in their entirety.

So basically it will be same as Curling set. Keep using same bonuses like who needs diversity anyway.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
th both reflex and toughness is for noobs because you are underpowered.
Well, not really. If the player who is attacked by you have more than 2 neurons will change their clothes and weapon depending on your build. Do you have 1000+ toughness? Use the firearm. Do you have 1000+ reflex? Use melee weapon. You have 1000+ both reflex and toughness? Well, now it's a bit more complicated. However, if you really have that much total resistance, you won't have much vigor/shooting and i can use some toughness/reflex items and the others with some tactics and aiming+dodging. We both will deal minimum damage (25% of weapon damage), but i will hit you more times and i win. It's almost impossible to lose on defense if you know/anticipate the enemy build.

But i agree, i think is better to have a set with reflex/aiming/appearance. It's easy to counter, just use relfex and vigor items (and melee weapon of course).

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
The duel set needs more aiming and the horse+saddle from the duel set need way more skills, especially aiming and reflex, but also a bit more vigor and appearance.

Take It Easy

Reservist
Well, not really. If the player who is attacked by you have more than 2 neurons will change their clothes and weapon depending on your build. Do you have 1000+ toughness? Use the firearm. Do you have 1000+ reflex? Use melee weapon. You have 1000+ both reflex and toughness? Well, now it's a bit more complicated. However, if you really have that much total resistance, you won't have much vigor/shooting and i can use some toughness/reflex items and the others with some tactics and aiming+dodging. We both will deal minimum damage (25% of weapon damage), but i will hit you more times and i win. It's almost impossible to lose on defense if you know/anticipate the enemy build.

But i agree, i think is better to have a set with reflex/aiming/appearance. It's easy to counter, just use relfex and vigor items (and melee weapon of course).

Of course having 1000+ both toughness and reflex is better than having only 1000+ reflex, if you can have 1000+ extra skills... but not if the total amount of skills is the same! :D
The build with both toughness and reflex will have less aiming, appearence and shooting/vigor than the build with only reflex or with only toughness, if the total amount of skills is the same, and so will be weaker. Having both toughness and reflex means that part of your skills will work at 25%, so dueling with 1000 tough and 1000 reflex is like attacking with 750 tactik or defending with 750 appearence. This is why a resist build should always be focused in full toughness or full reflexes.
About the fact that the defender can change equipment depending on your build... well, this is a general condideration, valid not only for resist gear: if the defender sees you and changes clothes in order to counter you, of course you have to change clothes too. If he changes again, you change again too, until you find a gear that he is not able to counter, or you find that you haven't any gear that he is not able to counter. And in this last case, you just change target. But his has nothing to do with the fact that a build with both toughness and reflexes is weaker than a build focused only on reflexes or only on toughness.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
hey guys and girls already forgot the picture where i uploaded high 150+? That's why the will become higher

Spending money when you focus on a set and you end up not having the set you like to have

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
a build with both toughness and reflexes is weaker than a build focused only on reflexes or only on toughness.
I agree, but these kind of items should exist. If you are being attacked by 2 or more people with different type of weapons (both melee and range) you need both reflex and toughness...and aiming, of course. For our own good (or not), there are merchant items with bonuses like this.

Guiri

Corporal
Why. Why would we need appearance for a resist duel gear. I mean sure, of all the terrible things they could've added, like swimming, bughunting or looking-at-the-grass-grow this is one of the less ridiculous options, but not sure we need/want to blow it out of proportion even more

The issue is that there hasn't been a decent resist set in.................. forever, basically. Last somewhat usable set was McLaugh but it came out around the time the Hardin/penn sets did and they always shoot thru that.
The curling set ended up so well made that even the people who did waste their irl money on it ended up using it in combo with shop items.

If you don't want resist duels to be part of the game anymore, just take it out. What is the point of a duel set that's clearly meant to be resist/reflex but the clothes have as much appearance, as reflex? Appearance. For resistance duels.
Again, I understand it's not like InnoGames could put toughness in there or hp to make it actually useful, only shooters and tactic folk can get OP set, we I get it. But seriously? 150-ish aim and 355-ish appearance? (I ignored the few points from AP) Even if we add the ride and weapon set it's below any stats of any gears we've seen these past years for appearance/shooting duels. And you can fairly assume that most duelers already have their lvl 3-4 weapons they aren't giving up on for 50 reflex and aim.

Right now a resist dueler can get over 1k reflex (or toughness), and around the same amount of aim with a considerable amount of vigor, from shop gear alone.
How is this set making any sense with these stats? Apperance should be the least important, with reflex being the most important, right now tehy're both around 0.15% with appearance making jump to .35-50. It just doesn't make sense.
Because resist dueller need to hit too. And the insane amount of tactics players can get I think all duel sets should have high appearance to counter that.

Guiri

Corporal
Appearance to be taken out and toughness/aim to be added - will send the request over.

Please keep in mind that changes will of course be made but not always in their entirety.
I am totally against this. Taking out the appearance makes the set useless.

Beef

Lance Corporal
can you put the clothing bonuses in the right order for SET 2 so I can actually calculate how good this set is..
it got mentioned twice

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
6 items set bonusBonus for lvl 150
+0.1 Strength (per level)
+0.08 Dexterity (per level)
+0.1 Mobility (per level)
+0.08 Charisma (per level)
+1.15 Health points (per level)
+1 Dodging (per level)
+1.15 Hiding (per level)
+0.9 Leadership (per level)
+55 Resistance
+5 Defense

+15 Strength
+12 Dexterity
+15 Mobility
+12 Charisma
+172 Health points
+150 Dodging
+172 Hiding
+135 Leadership
+55 Resistance
+5 Defense

Last edited:

Beef

Lance Corporal
What do you mean by right order?
well, it would be normal that the set bonus for 6 items equipped from a set would be higher than the set bonus for 2 items equipped from a set
unless you intentionally put them like that, aren't they in a wrong order?
or i presume...they add up? not sure that's correct

like this:

Later edit: yeah, i see it now...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    707.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
they add up

Ps: Set bonuses shown here as "step by step" so when wearing all items, the bonus is cumulated by summing them up. For example, the first set will give you a total +0.9 reflex (per level) as a set bonus when you will wear all of (6) the items.

You need to add it together to see a full bonus, but I already did it for you. Showing as "set by step" got one advantage, you can check how many bonuses you will receive with like 4 or 5 set pieces.

Beef

Lance Corporal
okay, here's my feedback
i appreciate the fact that you listened to the feedback from the people, finally...with the tank set

the pattern is obvious, it's a cortina set for attack. that's a problem
my suggestion would've been to release a set at least slighty worse than cortina, just to test the waters...because the current set that tank toons use in attack has zero hiding...it will be a huge change. the way i woulda went with it was to release a more aiming based set that is better than that wilson trash because that's the actual problem...tanks/damagers can barely hit in attack, except workers. i am predicting attack will start winning a lot again...nowhere near balanced. maybe i'm wrong but really doubt it.

anyway, the actual feedback is to reduce the stats of the tank set a bit, literally every stat...which people won't agree with...but it's better to reduce it now than to receive complaints about nerfing it later. that's why you do testing first and then release the right set based on deep analysis...UFOs :D

i consider it a step forward though and hopefully you can make the right decisions for the next two tombolas which will be crucial for the state of the game...

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Don't you think spirit sets needs a small buff? It's not the first time I've said it. Cortina horse+saddle and now this one...are too strong. You get a lot of skills, a lot of HP and a lot of flat defense which is extremly important. With spirit set you only get some skills (and you already have enough from clothes and weapons) and resistance. The problem with resistance is that it is poorly designed. It's a constant, not a percentage. After you add lvl 180, the resistance will not only be useless against duellers, but will be pretty weak against tanks too. It is already if they have a good weapon and good sector bonus. And everyone now having ~300 sector bonus... everyone deals damage. Tuck fanks, i guess.

Edit: That small buff should be a flat defense extra bonus.

Last edited: