1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Independence Day Feedback

Discussion in 'Version 2.10' started by Diggo11, Jun 26, 2014.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    For the ones that are getting the wrong button and cannot play on the tombola: shut down all your scripts.
    There are 3 scripts (at least) connected with fort battles that are grabbing the images from the old tombola.

Kill out those scripts, log off the game, clean up ALL your browser cache and login again. It should resolve your problems. If not, send a ticket for the team to check.

But the images that people are showing all have some scripts that get into problem because they grab the old data and don´t have the current situation. So shut them down, refresh the cache and try again.

2. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

exactly...

3. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

I understand that you cannot please everyone, however it amazes me when people complain about the friend hearts, eggs, and fireworks, since they are a rewards system allowing you to obtain items for only effort. If you have to click on each friend or have to put up with spam in SALOON chat for free tombola plays and you are complaining, then please move on to other games, because you don't have participate, so why complain? You could close chat, not send fireworks, remove all of your friends, whatever... But allowing high spenders, low spenders, and free players all a chance to play the various nugget level tombola events to win prizes for free with effort, is beyond generous. Players since the first tombola have complained about InnoGames's greed and how there is an event every month now to get our cash, then they give you a chance for free items and we have some of those same individuals complaining about it also. Its absurd. Literally some want this game tailored to them and events should be nothing more than signing in and getting everything delivered to their inventory. If you have to click on 100 friends for free items, then so what, do it. If you don't want the free items, then don't, no one is forcing you. :shootout:

And to those saying "what about bonds"... what about them? This system, you can still use your bonds on the shop, buy some chests, and still earn fireworks to gain free tombola plays. If you have hoarded your bonds just waiting for that one tombola when they could be used, sorry, that was never a promise the game designers made. It was an assumption on your part. If you want to complain about why they cannot be used to reduce the construction times, ok that's fine, since it was allowed in the past, but they were never promised to be used as tombola play currency.:dastardly:

Lastly, this event a year ago featured prizes at the end of the timers. So why are some players who were here for that complaining when we all knew it would be that way? Its not really that big of a deal and honestly probably has a reverse effect on most and gets them to spend less. earn fireworks, start 2-3 timers, come back in 4-18 hours and get your prizes. At least it allows you to get away for a while:njub:

4. williamjack

williamjack Reservist

question about the timers

i have noticed each time i use my fireworks to cut time in half,it keeps addin more time? is it suppose to do that.wheni started first time cut it from 4 hours to 2 hours and each time i have done it ,it get longer.i just now cut time in half with fireworks and timer is 2 and a half hours now?

5. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Yes Hobie, I couldn't agree more. While there are some genuine concerns that I have and continue to communicate internally, notably the balancing of fort rewards amongst others, it is indeed infinitely frustrating that a minority of people would just like to have a whinge for the sake of it. Certainly I won't be complaining about spending free currency on Colorado .net instead of my hard earned bonds, especially while I'm using them on prizes directly.

The reduction is a flat 2 hours, not halving. From the top of my head, each time the construction takes 10 minutes longer than the last.

Sometimes old versions of the image get cached on the server when they are updated in the wrong order, but I can see the new image there personally, so it might be a local problem. Just clear your cache and hopefully everything will be back to normal.

Thanks for reminding me, I was pretty busy yesterday but I added a note about it to the announcement thread.

6. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

the point of a game is that it should be FUN to put an effort into. What's the point of mindless clicking? And to top it all up here are just a few annoying consequences:

1. spam reports
    2. spam chat messages
    3. unplayable without script to send items due to refresh rate of friendsbar
    4. time based instead of date
    5. unbalanced rewards for different actions in game
    (it should be polished to perfection by now, since it's 3. time for you doing the same thing)

Yes, you can use it to pay for higher categories, great, but it's just so not worth it.
    Do it once, fine - interesting addition to a game, do it twice...meh...repeat it every month with literally nothing new in game for half a year, people will start to complain
    (not to mention that 100 new sets/year is starting to bore even your graphic artists so there is literally no new item this time around... or maybe there is, I wouldn't know since main "reward set" looks like this for most people http://i.imgur.com/VNznFSL.png)

7. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    There are many problems with the "friends bar" the worst: it encorages people to get multi accounts so they can get many prizes... without doing nothing.

Then there are the fort battles that, with this kinda of events, get lag 10 to 300 times worst than any normal situation. So, many times, the battles are delayed, the rounds get stuck and jump 2-3 rounds and people get mad because they died without possibility of moving away.

On this one there are 2 option for the ones that aren´t using nuggets: gets a super weak independence set (if you got the easter one... that is 10 times better for any player) or keep pilling up fireworks and go for the super rare category.
    2000 hearts from the friend bar plus 2500 from the daily routines and you get 2 free spins on the super rare category... in exchange you will get around 50 and get half of the independence set. Since it´s impossible to join those together without using nuggets.

I deleted half of my friends bar and just ignore any friendship request. If people want fireworks they should work for them not preying or getting more and more accounts that just get send the fireworks, queue 4 jobs and close for the day. Look at alamogordo. There are too many accounts that just get there, spamm the chat to get the 100 friends and just return next week to check if they got the 10000 fireworks so they can get a free play. Working for those? never ever... it is too much to do.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  8. Hobie

well for me, the fun part is the reward. it is more work and yes clicking 100 times can be annoying, but to save nuggets and in game cash on gear, its more than worth it. Once again, they are not forcing anyone to do it and yes for the next 2 plus weeks saloon chat will be spammed, but its all avoidable if you choose. Should the friends bar firework transactions run smoother, sure. Are rewards unbalanced, yes. But possibly they wanted to see the increase in server traffic when the event currency could be used as means of tombola purchase, before doing such. I hope, but maybe not, who knows. Remember we are barely passed day one, it will slow down. People will send less each day and be less annoying. Compare it to valentines and easter and this is the direction the game appears to be going at the moment, so to me this is an improvement over easter's event. the issues with the friends bar, as you mentioned, are the same, but the event itself is better I think.:up:

9. Agfob

Agfob Reservist

- it would be great if players could chose if they want to use nuggets or bonds.

- it would be great if we would not have to friend everybody again for another click fest

10. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Well I would rather not get the fireworks from friends, than have the game starting to have problesm. Chat in FF is lagging, more of those times were you have spinning guns. More black screens. and endless add me spam.

11. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    There was an easy way to do that without affecting anything on the server and without the preying and "do nothing to win 1000 fireworks per day".
    Raise the limit that the jobs give: 5 to 6 - 100 to 125 - 350 to 500 (npc duels 5 to 6 and human duels 100 to 125 to the winner 30 to the loser) and the fort battles would give double the number of fighters at start, plus 50 for each one of the winner side.

And if you say that is a low value... the event runs for 20 days. Getting a medium number around 750 per day for 20 days, it´s 15000. Basically 1 free try on each of the 3 and 2 levels. The other ones can get that value with a 3h job per day yes... but they are on the game playing around not sitting (or sleeping) waiting for the fireworks to get into there accounts.
    Easy way and would raise the people on the server without spamm and people would be going around the jobs instead of login once per day just to check on how many fireworks they have got.
    And it would be the same thing... just people would have to be more active than just getting once per day online, send crackers and wait for next day. It would reward people that play the game instead of the ones that just go for the prizes.

And on this event you get 2 choices if you don´t use nuggets: play for the 48800 fireworks and try your luck to get one of the sets or play for the crappy independence set (that is a long way weaker than any other event set) since you cannot join both inside the 3 weeks of the event.
    So on that point you are correct that they gave a chance to everyone... pay nuggets and play for both targets or don´t pay and play just for try your luck or the set.

12. .TheFanta.

.TheFanta. Reservist

When will you tell us what bonuses we get from each set? :confused:

13. m4rvin88

m4rvin88 Guest

Hey Diggo,

I edited my post probably right when you replied to the first lines, so in case it got lost I have a few more questions:

On addition, would it be possible to have an option turning off those notifications about received fireworks? I mean I as a player can turn off every other notification from the game, expect this one and with a lot of friends and a long event that's a ton of reports to delete.

And again, automatically set to nuggets. I know you said you would prefer people paying nuggets, but still, why can't people at least save their prefered option?

Apart from that, something positive, I like that you don't have to tip at the end of construction like you had to on easter (duel lost) or last Oktoberfest (didn't finish meals). I know it was the same last year in this event, but nice you kept it, not really fair in my eyes to have to pay twice for a reward.

14. sand of time

sand of time Private Elite Tester

Main Server:
    RO
    And what about a stopwatch, to collect the prize without delay.

Like this:
    [​IMG]

15. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    That would be great. Or remove the damm options of sending fireworks (or anything else) on this kinda of events.

It takes 1 second to change the option to fireworks. No problem there... at least it even blocks some "great options" on creating scripts to automatize that thing.

16. totalblack

totalblack Guest

I don't think it's a bad idea this to do this over and over again! people with nuggets pay nuggets to get what they want, people without nuggets hope to get what they want but the chances aren't that big

The only thing that's weird in my eyes is the reward of doing 15 sec jobs

some people are doing 15 sec jobs (active players) and they get about 3 fireworks for 1 ap

so They'll get about 40 fireworks for the 12 ap instead of the 350 fireworks doing an hour of work with the same 12 ap!

It's demotivating for active people!

Strange isn't it?

In my opinion you'll have to support the active people so you'll have to give a higher fireworks/AP ratio at the 15 sec jobs than the 1 hour jobs!

raise the 15 sec jobs to around 40 (480 for 12 AP) and people will play active

17. m4rvin88

m4rvin88 Guest

Active player or people who have nothing else to do? I'm not sure if this game should reward people for hanging around 4-8 hours in front of this game, don't think it's a good idea.

Anyway look at it from a time perspective, why should someone get several thousand in one hour and the other only 350?

18. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    You are VERY wrong with that... the most active players are not the "mouse clickers"... the most active players are the ones that get into the game stay 1h or little less talking on the chat and doing there things, get back in 4 to 8h and keep doing that.
    Getting more and more to the 15sec jobs would be EXACTLY the same thing that happened with the experience... where people got into the game, used 300 energy to get 2 levels, go to sleep, back 8h later, used 300 energy again and back to sleep. Next day same thing. 15 days would get them to level 120.
    It should be like it is... still you get a good number for the time it takes to make the 15sec jobs compared with the 1h jobs. (remember that fireworks are not based on energy used. They are based on time used ingame... that´s why there are 5 different categories for dropping fireworks)

Still the 15sec jobs are very well payed since dueling a NPC takes 5 sec and use 5 energy to get the same amount of fireworks.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  19. Hobie

i never said there was not easier ways of doing it, just that this is clearly the path they have chosen. The valentines event when it first began, the servers in general lagged and it was fixed. FF's can still lag, but some of that is still based upon the players connection speed, creating that skipping last few moves of a round, that otherwise is not seen due to less server traffic. FF chat does lag. But once again these are the same problems we have seen since they started this method with hearts. And we all have certainly noticed the lack in effort when it comes to making new item pictures for the gear, the 4th event by far being the worst and ugliest. BUT, at least they are offering you chance to get it for free, even if its not as good as bakers set or the 4th set isnt as good as the easter. And although players love to, none of us have to collect one of everything. If you are happy with the gear you have, use it and do other things instead of farm fireworks. Sell off extra gear and buy anything you want from this tombola via the market. But what all of the negative gives me hope for is that their focus is on the MPI's, having the write a new formula for it etc takes time and effort, so if they are worth it and lots of fun for us players, then the mentioned issues with lag, spam, and crap gear icons will be just a joking memory. :mexican:

P.S.- set bonuses should come out a little faster on these events, even if they are tagged with what i thought was already a clear disclaimer that they bonuses may change.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  20. .TheFanta.

.TheFanta. Reservist

@Diggo11 Will you tell us those bonuses already?:hmpf:
    Or, can someone who has the complete black bart set(including horse and saddle) tell me what bonuses do you get from it?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.