• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Independence Day Event 2021 Discussion

unknowna

Reservist
I agree the attacking tank set must be way weaker than cortina, if it's on par with cortina attack is gonna roll on defense again.
I did some calculations. Premium worker, skilled 150 AP in mobility and 450 sp into HP. If I use Wilson clothing set lv 0, cortina horse set both lv 2, cortina weapon set, gun lv 2 sabre lv 1, I get this https://prnt.sc/15p55ug.

I think those are pretty decent stats for sitting in grass. I know not everybody has that type of gear, that's why I suggest you buff the set by 5-10% + change that setting traps.

Just my 2 cents.

Zulus

Private
3 days to fix a timer, something that was never broken, but yet it managed to get screwed up by someone, is an all time low for InnoGames, irrespective if its alfa, beta, gamma or delta.

Someone is getting paid for such quality work or is just an obvious sign of how important The West player base is for InnoGames?

Last edited:

unknowna

Reservist
You agree with who exactly? Don't see anyone saying such a thing.
Although, sure it should be somewhat weaker than that.

But as it stands, it's weaker than Livingston of 2019, so idk what you are saying?
I agree with InnoGames. It's on par with livingstone, it also offers more SP's than livingstone on that part. Not every set has to be the best in the current timeline. I love how you contradict yourself - keep mentioning this power creep and how it's important, on the other hand when a ''filler'' FF set comes you're first on the battle line how the set is trash. InnoGames did it's ''job'' they created a new set, it has more SP's than Livingston just alloction is wrong.

And just so we clear, I'm dissapointed in the set too. There is little, to no point having aim on it and we get another horse set, while we would need weapon set way more.

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
An honest question? Does InnoGames never control what you put on? An automobile mechatronics technician who repairs the car does he take a test drive or not? Why does InnoGames never control who they set up the event update? To see if there is an error. Whom players complain and community manager writes that there is an error. Then you have to check and fix errors. Or do it next Tuesday with the next update

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
An honest question? Does InnoGames never control what you put on? An automobile mechatronics technician who repairs the car does he take a test drive or not? Why does InnoGames never control who they set up the event update? To see if there is an error. Whom players complain and community manager writes that there is an error. Then you have to check and fix errors. Or do it next Tuesday with the next update
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. The fix should be coming through as soon as possible.

On a separate note, I have received confirmation that the new tank set will be improved a bit :).

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I agree with InnoGames
I'm afraid that's not valid as they (Set designer) aren't playing their own game.
At least not PvP parts.
I love how you contradict yourself
I actually don't.
Talked about this subject many times and explained (along with some other people) it the best way I can in various places.

So I won't bother to do it again.

But;
when a ''filler'' FF set comes
That's the issue. We need more than a filler (Tank set) for Attackers to win.

Let's see how much of an improvement they will provide though.

Last edited:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
On a separate note, I have received confirmation that the new tank set will be improved a bit :).

Good job , having a weaker set than a 2 year old set is not logical , I am hoping for a good improvement as my self I am a tank and would want to live more in attacks so I can protect my damage dealers. Even if its not par to Cortina a good improvement would do the work , I hope for good stuff!!

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
A miracle has happened, I've seen it The timer goes normally Thank you

1.) 40h and 2.) normal 9 min still errors why that?

Last edited:

BaggyBlue

Master Sergeant
well in 20.200 hours I managed to get the whole set

I got the set in 2.3059361 years

I have time for the event set and have nothing to do with it :D

Deleted User - 116079

My understanding of the current set meta outside of fort battles isn't very good, but I've researched them on the wiki and these are my suggestions for the currently relevant sets.
I think you should only sell tombola sets, not the nugget sets. Day of the Dead sets are also ridiculously difficult to acquire, and not many exist in the game worlds. I also see a lot of completely un-viable duelling playstyles with the current power creep. Duels should have a "rock-paper-scissors" relationship between damage, resistance and dodge to function properly.
(please someone correct me if I missed anything)

Forts
attack:
Damage:
Captain (tombola set, relevant when upgraded)
Union Officer (nugget set)

Tank:
No suitable set exists, but the closest is:
Cortina (Day of the Dead tombola set)
Summer Spirits (nugget set)

defence
Damage:
Union Officer (nugget set)

Tank:
Cortina (Day of the Dead tombola set)

Duels
ranged:
Damage:
Vaquero (Attack, Day of the Dead tombola set)
No suitable set exists for defence

Resistance:
No suitable sets exist

Dodge:
No suitable sets exist

melee:
Damage:
Musical Cowgirl (Defence and Attack, underpowered, day of the dead tombola set)

Resistance:
No suitable sets exist

Dodge:
Johnny Behan (defence, underpowered damage, tombola set)
Josephine (attack, tombola set)

Adventures
Someone else will have to tell you the Adventures meta.

I would like to have the opportunity to get relevant sets in every player's hands, so that we do not have such extreme tiers of players based on their gear, so that players who missed the tombola with the meta set don't have to wait until the Winter Tombola for more sets to enter the game world, or for a new meta set to be created (therefore being much less-able to compete in the PvP), and to improve competitiveness all around. I do, however understand that this might actually increase the premium gap because upgrades are the second worst thing to ever happen to The West... after Tombolas becoming the game mechanic that dictates the game's PvP... so maybe there's a debate to be had about this before it happened.

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as duels are concerned. The meta in duels should always be favouring attack in my opinion, in order to incentivize activity-attacking-. We were at a great point with josephines set before behan was introduced, because you could forego appearance for aim dodge, and had a chance of winning the duel.Now we are back to square 1 since behan canceled that advantage out. If you are smart, you cant lose while defending and this once again creates stalemate positions where no one wants to attack because of certain defeat. Give the edge to attack again.

As far as the two fort fighting sets are concerned its literally baffling. Captain is miles ahead for damagers in attack and moseys or murrietas for defense, and livingston is stronger than the tank set for attack-not even gonna mention cortina-. I dont know why they even released these sets. At least people who missed murrietas mount will have a somewhat viable option again.

Nothing

Reservist
Samuel Adam: Damage set for both attack and defense, its like a captain for both giving 45+ damage and if you mix it with Murrieta HS and Captain or UO guns you get tons of damage. If its used in defenses the chances of an attacking side winning goes from slim to almost none. Thats where the tank set comes in play..

1. Sector dmg, better than captains clothes (+10dmg) but worse than Murrieta's clothes. Samuel 55dmg, Murrieta 60dmg.
Best sector dmg set is murrieta clothes, golden horse set and union weapons/gringo weapons.
2. Leadership. Why new set have less leadership than Zapata clothes. Sets from 2018 for absorption.
3. Next set for atack, why IG. We have the Capitan set, why we didint get sets like capitan but for defence.
4. Ok Samuel have Setting traps. But I prefer to choose Capitan sets on defence beacause i deal more dmg on hit. If I had to choose Zapata or Samuel I choose becaus I deal more dmg on hit.

Summarizing: Samuel Adams set sucks.

jeronimo86

Reservist
Do we get fireworks as rewards on the basis of time duration of jobs,Type of jobs or the labor points we put into a job or all of these combined?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Can you, at least, tell us when is going to be fixed?
As soon as I receive a confirmation, I will post it here :).
@Al35ul CM will old avatar parts be available on shop? like in past events.
Most likely not - what avatars did you have in mind?

Do we get fireworks as rewards on the basis of time duration of jobs,Type of jobs or the labor points we put into a job or all of these combined?
The duration of the jobs is what affects the fireworks drop.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I thought Zapata was a Tank set, don't u mean Murrieta?
Summarizing: Samuel Adams set sucks.
Well, it somewhat does. It isn't better than any current Damager sets.
But;
We have the Capitan set, why we didint get sets like capitan but for defence.
Because Defenders already have too high Attack value when mounted and even if they aren't mounted, any Damager can hit anything on ground.

Therefore (along with weak Tank sets for Attack) winning an Attack is already close to impossible..

However.. we have Union that is too powerful for Defense too.
So a slight upgrade to Murrieta, but for Defense only, was needed.
And this set isn't capable of being one.

Here's me hoping that there won't be another OP PvP set with DotD.