• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Independence Day Event 2021 Discussion

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Stats for tank set are good , just please add more resistance , 50 resistance will do absolutely nothing against good damage dealers ( not that resistance does much against damage dealers ) but please consider increasing the resistance and add some % bonus stats as well , at this point you are giving more love to the damage dealers rather than the tanks , its the tanks that protect the damage dealers , if tanks die in the first 10-20 rounds then its pretty much over. You gave damage dealers a fair amount of stats and bonus % , give to tanks that have no attack set for the past 2 years something good , thank you.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
add some % bonus stats as well
What ya mean with this?
its the tanks that protect the damage dealers , if tanks die in the first 10-20 rounds then its pretty much over.
Yea, and they (Attacker Tanks) die like flies on ground and too many are dead or badly wounded until the mount, that is if it ever comes to that.

Another issue is Tanks can't deal any damage even if they somehow land a hit, especially after Cortina + Summer spirits combo.

I see they added some Aiming for that purpose but that won't make a difference (Not on ground anyway)
Could use some "Attack bonus" as company. Like some old Tank set/s had.

Idk why they keep lowering the Leadership bonus of Tank sets though.
It's not like they can deal damage with all that Hp.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Duels
ranged:
Damage:
Vaquero (Attack, tombola set)
No suitable set exists for defence

Resistance:
No suitable sets exist

Dodge:
No suitable sets exist

melee:
Damage:
Musical Cowgirl (Defence and Attack, tombola set)

Resistance:
No suitable sets exist

Dodge:
Johnny Behan (defence, tombola set)
No suitable set exists for attack
Behan is a useless set. You have higher aiming/dodging with josephine. And way higher vigor. The tactic provided by behan is too low to make a difference (after the nerf at least). Full cowgirl is also useless. Only few cowgirl items are decent if you want to boost your appearence combining them with josephine. Vaquero is still decent if you really need shooting. Otherwise, josephine for clothing + vaquero for weapons/horse+saddle.

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
14 hours in event and timer still hasn't been fixed?
and you really think they care about those useless sets when they don't even bother to fix that damn timer??
what happened with the timer anyways?? a dev screwing around in the system?
timer is always the same?
there are some really incapable people working at this game

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
that is what I mean by % bonus , attack or deffence , or both , attack can help with a bit of damage from tanks , but imho deffence % is better..
Those bonuses don't work on a percentage base though.
It's direct, flat bonus.

Set bonus already has some Defense but it's a bit too low.
Individual items could use some too tbh. (Like +1 on jacket etc)

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Those bonuses don't work on a percentage base though.
It's direct, flat bonus.

Set bonus already has some Defense but it's a bit too low.
Individual items could use some too tbh. (Like +1 on jacket etc)
I agree , per item would be nice , like cortina for example.. resistance can also be added on individual items as well. There's 3 possibilities, you either add on individual items +1 deff/attack ( deff imo ) OR you can add resistance like Cortina has. +5 resistance on Jacket and Pants , +2.5 resistance on shoes , hat , belt and necklace. Or hell you can do both , add +10 deff/attack and increase resistance by 20-30 and add +resistance on individual items.

Comparing it to the R.Livingston set which was 2 years ago and have 70 resistance but with no real attack or deffence bonus , this should be priority..
Players use Cortina which is the best set for defense in attacks.. Thats how you know that you don't really have something better for attack, so you should come with a new one.

You have plenty of sets for damage dealers , for both attack and defense + with the introduction with UO tanks were nothing in front of them , until cortina came and balanced somehow the fights but in reality now its even broken because cortina became the best for tanks in defense so any attacking side has very slim chances of winning a FF. Tanks are protecting the damage dealers , so giving tanks little love is disrespectful. All in all , you need a good attacking set for tanks so they protect their damage dealers , deffence tanks will get hurt more often like attacking side does so its a pretty balanced FF.

P.S By attacking set for tanks , I mean a defensive set in attacking , like cortina is for deffence. A defensive set for defense. A defensive set for attack.. just to clear it out.

Kacper

Reservist
@Al35ul CM
Hi,
I think it's a nice initiative to add both kinds of sets for the forts. Worryingly, both of these sets are very weak, and older sets like Murrietta or Livingston are simply better than these sets. They have more skills, resistance, and more damage sector. Should be improved before official release.

It makes no sense for the kits released three years ago to be better than the newest ones that are built in a similar way.

Regards,
Kacper

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I'm totally fine with "No-Power Creep" policy (only if they followed that with DotD event too)

But then 2-3 years old sets being better doesn't make sense either.

I don't think Damagers really need a better set though*

For Attack, Captain is quite powerful (unless u have upgraded Union)

And for Defense..
Well.. if you are mounted, anything works, since;
a) You have too high Attack value
and
b) Tanks on ground don't dodge.
And even if you are on ground, u still can do well against Attackers on ground.

However, Union is OP when defending too (surprise surprise) so it gives a big advantage over other Damagers.
So there could be a Traps boosted Damager set with minimal Hiding, and with slightly less Leadership than Captain/Union.

* It "only" took 3 years to get the Damager mount set though.
So one kinda expects a decent one at least.

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
@Al35ul CM
Hi,
I think it's a nice initiative to add both kinds of sets for the forts. Worryingly, both of these sets are very weak, and older sets like Murrietta or Livingston are simply better than these sets. They have more skills, resistance, and more damage sector. Should be improved before official release.

It makes no sense for the kits released three years ago to be better than the newest ones that are built in a similar way.

Regards,
Kacper
I'm totally fine with "No-Power Creep" policy (only if they followed that with DotD event too)

But then 2-3 years old sets being better doesn't make sense either.

I don't think Damagers really need a better set though*

For Attack, Captain is quite powerful (unless u have upgraded Union)

And for Defense..
Well.. if you are mounted, anything works, since;
a) You have too high Attack value
and
b) Tanks on ground don't dodge.
And even if you are on ground, u still can do well against Attackers on ground.

However, Union is OP when defending too (surprise surprise) so it gives a big advantage over other Damagers.
So there could be a Traps boosted Damager set with minimal Hiding, and with slightly less Leadership than Captain/Union.

* It "only" took 3 years to get the Damager mount set though.
So one kinda expects a decent one at least.
I have passed on all of the feedback regarding the sets, if these will be changed, we will be sure to let our players know.

DeletedUser500

Behan is a useless set. You have higher aiming/dodging with josephine. And way higher vigor. The tactic provided by behan is too low to make a difference (after the nerf at least). Full cowgirl is also useless. Only few cowgirl items are decent if you want to boost your appearence combining them with josephine. Vaquero is still decent if you really need shooting. Otherwise, josephine for clothing + vaquero for weapons/horse+saddle.
Oh thanks for pointing out the Josephine set, I've updated my list. I'd argue Behan is viable for soldiers only (on defences), although the damage is really low so it's good luck there's no resist sets eh?

The issue remains, there is still 7 or 8 duelling builds without an appropriate tombola set, so you cannot have competitive duels as there is no "Rock-Paper-Scissors" mechanic. Higher upgrades on the tiny selection of meta sets wins duels, not strategy.

And duelling on new worlds? Forget it. You are lucky if there's 1 set to pick from in a Day of the Dead tombola, for 12 "playstyles". And there cannot be 12 viable duel sets because in the 2-3 years it would take to introduce those sets in tombolas, 9 of them would be outdated with power-creep.
This is why duels are bad on version 2.xxx, and why tombolas cannot determine the game's PvP, if InnoGames want it to be fun and successful again.

In my opinion, when InnoGames run the events that destroyed PvP in The West, there must be a viable range of Duelling, Forting and even Adventuring sets, catering to all roles in the game, which are available to everyone to acquire with nuggets, bonds and event currency. Switch the gambling portion of the events to PvE (building, product collection, luck, etc) sets only, and add stuff like unique titles and avatar parts to win, because Lootboxes in games should only effect the PvE elements of the game. Turn Tombolas into a positive in version "3.0".
or give us a classic west server and charge a subscription fee or something

Last edited by a moderator:
It has now been about 24 hours with the broken timer. so much for the announcement of it being fixed SOON, we are now into later, or perhaps eventually.
So there is not much point worrying about the make up of sets when the event that might give them isn't working properly. I really don't understand how a simple repeatable quest that should only need the dates changed and the prizes updated would get something else so messed up.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Switch the gambling portion of the events to PvE (building, product collection, luck, etc) sets only
Or at least integrate them into PvP sets, even though it sounds odd.

Because, there are way too many play-styles with not-up to date/obsolete sets. (Thanks Power-Creep)

And now Fort Battle sets are multiplied too.
Attack set, Defense set etc.

I mean look at this Event of 2021.
It "only" took 6-9 months to get an "Attacker" Tank set and it is worse than of 2019's.
(Same goes for Damager mount set)

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Benjamin Kent: Whatever set , you can improve the 5% XP and make it 15% as 5% is pretty much useless.

Benjamin Rush: Whatever..

Samuel Adam: Damage set for both attack and defense, its like a captain for both giving 45+ damage and if you mix it with Murrieta HS and Captain or UO guns you get tons of damage. If its used in defenses the chances of an attacking side winning goes from slim to almost none. Thats where the tank set comes in play..

James Wilson: Very good SP's but lots of changes are needed. First get rid of setting traps from the pants , its a defensive set for attack, having setting traps does absolutely nothing.. Add more defense % , +5 is not enough , it should be at least +10 .Increase resistance by 20-30 and add on individual items + resistance like cortina. There's simply no logic making a new set that is worse than a 2 year old set. Damage sets are improving every time so why not tank sets too? I'm going to say it as many times as I can , TANKS ARE THE PEOTECTORS , if you have no tanks by the time you climb the fort then what is the purpose of the damage dealers? You will see a big difference in FF's if you implement this stats on the tank set , will be a bit more balanced and attacking side will have more chances to win because tanks will not die like flies.

Last edited: