• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Independence Day 2019 discussion

DeletedUser500

I was sure it was a typo when I saw it, maybe missing a couple of 0's from the reward :)

DeletedUser4678

Why even bother with this event and deliver 10 lotus flowers for 50 fireworks when you can just buy union officers set and outperform everyone in the next 1.5 at least?

DeletedUser500

Why even bother with this event and deliver 10 lotus flowers for 50 fireworks when you can just buy union officers set and outperform everyone in the next 1.5 at least?
I chose the wrong character class for the Union officer bs, mistakenly thinking Soldier was for fort battles, and we aren't allowed to change it, so i appreciate a quest just for me, upgraded from Berry Picker to Lotus Picker.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
Well, the timer was clearly visible in the event window and the end date was communicated in the announcement.

The sale is indeed an issue and we'll try to avoid that for future events.

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
it's also inconsistent with how Beta worlds have operated in the past, until very recently. Previously events on Beta started a week ahead, but finished at the same time as regular worlds, why change it? Aren't Beta worlds intended to help find defects before they go into the live code? How does closing the event a week hed help with that intention?

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
it's also inconsistent with how Beta worlds have operated in the past, until very recently. Previously events on Beta started a week ahead, but finished at the same time as regular worlds, why change it? Aren't Beta worlds intended to help find defects before they go into the live code? How does closing the event a week hed help with that intention?

We started the event two weeks early this time and ended it one week early. Still the same duration it has always been, just moved forward a week. Allowed for more time to test it before it went live and lets us test the distribution of rewards at the end of the event.

I don't mind the date changes, I was aware of the end date so not surprised by that at all. and used my fireworks accordingly.
However I do think it is just plain incompetent to continue the daily fireworks quests and have a fireworks promotion AFTER the event is over.