• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Independence Day 2019 discussion

Zulus

Private
It is so nice that you guys have listened to the playing community again and have included (again) glossy premium chest in the very rare category. It has been said and asked million times to remove this rubbish from that category as it worth nothing anymore. This is not 2003 anymore. The very rare independence day chest including items from last years event in very rare category is somewhat of a joke too. Considering how OP sets have become with each new event, last years independence stuff is now worth less then a toilet paper. Players will be over the moon no doubt when they happen to get something from Adams, Dickson or Hancock set from the 800 spin.
Also, the amount oof worthless chests in the rare and uncommon category is mind boggling. Iron clad, fancy chest in the uncommon category will no doubt have a much more common drop rate then other items, same goes for unique and noble chests in the rare category.

Way to go InnoGames. Lets buy some nuggets, spin like hell and get last years items, iron clad, fancy, unique and noble chests as rewards. Cant wait to get started.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
^ Totally agree.

And the "Tank" set is, disappointing at best. A very slightly upgraded version of weakling Adams set.
Will do nothing to help with the issues we've been facing for a good while now.

Stat bonuses are okay-ish, but 70 resist (Adams give 60) is a very unfunny joke.
I mean, Damages increased by "10" since the last year or am I missing something??
(Not even mentioning the fact that Hp already lowering it)

Like I said before, it's just an another set to feed the ever-hungry damagers. Only, more so now.

Come to the present already InnoGames games!

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

The 2.103 changelog stated how hard you have been working to implement features we requested in the event this year, so I'll take a moment to talk about that first.
Credit where it's due, I do like daily quests that reward event currency and the new contest chests, those events are usually fun and good for the individual worlds. Changing the sending friends fireworks every 23h instead of every 24h is awesome. Avatar parts are always nice too!

The changes to the reward pool are what exactly, removed a couple of old junk gear chests but not all of them? There's lots of fancy new powerful buffs that would be much better than old gear, from chests that I can buy from the shop if i have such an inclination. I don't want non-tombola stuff in my tombola, it feels like a complete loss of either money in the form of nuggets, or time in the form of fireworks, but I understand you can't "win" every time since you are making us gamble as the main game-play mechanic for improving your character. So no, I do not like your changes, mystical changelog.

Well here we go boys, the sets.
Robert R. Livingston's set
Here it is, the set we've been waiting for: The first set for tanks since Adams 1 year ago. What a disappointment. Rather than just whine, i'll try to talk about it constructively
It's a big, meaty, glass wall of a set, designed in such a way that any top leadership players who see this must drooling right now. It offers resistance along with Health, completely disregarding how those mechanics actually work. It was an okay-ish attempt at making a set for tanks since you gave it the right type of skills, but I fear the values will still be far too low to compete with damage sets. 2/10

What to do? Well it's kinda hard to say without seeing how it compares to the year-old Adams set in-game, where I can take/dodge about 30-80 shots depending on how many crits I take to the face, but I would keep the resistance and then take the +10 and +5 fort battle defence bonus from the Roger Sherman's set and add it onto Robert's, and then make that number even higher for a start.

Roger Sherman's set

Not really sure what this set is? Adventures maybe? 0/10
Cute dog though 10/10

Alexander Hamilton's set

Seems like a fairly strong exp melee set, i'd use it. I don't duel anymore so don't really know enough to comment here.

The patriot's's set

It's a really strong exp set, well designed to get people to pay up for it. Beware the power-creep.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
You want changes? How about you start talking about those veteran players who have been screwed over since 2012 by the thing you keep demanding: OP sets for whatever class and other tombola crap. I wouldn't expect you to understand, you're probably the kind of player that join every new world that InnoGames opens and immediately quits it when yet another is opened.

Too much assumptions and arrogance here but I will answer anyway.

I talk with those players every day and night so don't you worry about what I do or do not know/understand.

And no, I only play in one server and plan to keep it that way.

Already done enough of suggestions as well.
where I can take about 30-80 shots depending on how many crits I take to the face

30 perhaps. 80? Nada.
Not when Duelers and Workers almost never miss anyway.
but I would keep the resistance and then take the +10 and +5 fort battle defence bonus

Ah, I wish.

Honestly I was expecting an upgraded/enhanced Cortes set but would be better mixing 2 sets :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

You want changes? How about you start talking about those veteran players who have been screwed over since 2012 by the thing you keep demanding: OP sets for whatever class and other tombola crap. I wouldn't expect you to understand, you're probably the kind of player that join every new world that InnoGames opens and immediately quits it when yet another is opened.

I've gotten to the point where I've accepted that this game will never be as good as it was,nor anywhere near it...but it just keeps annoying me when I open the forum or the saloon and see njub players demanding sets
Man I get you, I'm one of those players. I'm probably one of the biggest fans of this game in the world, and I've watched it be destroyed by the tombolas. It's my strong opinion that the game isn't worth playing at the moment, but I don't seem to be able to give up hope that someone will step in at some point and try to fix all this. But as it stands, there's no chance that will happen, and the current manager is content to try to balance fort battle using tombola sets, so we do what we can to try to make battles a little less crap.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I've played this game when it's first came out, and I loved it without this ever growing OP sets on steroids!

So we all agreed that Sets are only temporary "solutions" , but since they aint changing/balancing Formulas/Rewards, at least give Tanks some propers sets!

Generous with Damager sets, stingy with Tank sets is what we are talking about.

Ps. Check here before assuming stuff about me, or anyone else.

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Temporary: 3-6 months until new ones come out. I was referring to what you said.

So we can't request a proper Tank set but Union set is to stay? :D

You happen to ignore the other side of the coin that, Tanks who don't have that "dream set"
I guess someone didn't notice how awful Defense battles became just because no one can survive a round on Point.

We are not the ones not noticing the Bigger picture, it's InnoGames.

We all agreed on how worse and worse game became with every new (Damager) set, Union officer being the final nail in the coffin.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
sooner or later a tank set will be released
Oh there already 2 new of those (Free and Nugget) , and both seems to be "Meh" at best.
More sets won't solve a thing
We all got that, do you read? I played this game when it's first came out dude, I know what it was then and what it became now.

But too bad, there already some more new Sets. Whether they are far from balancing the situation or not.
It's all in the strategy and tactic of the leading (yes! turns out they're still kinda impactful
Oh please teach us almighty, wise one!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 101212

As some real feedback considering the event, clean up the 3rd category.
Last year it was near impossible if you wanted to complete a set if you missed like a shirts or pants.
Remove some of the useless chests or move the boots to the 2nd category.
If you need a certain items you have a 1 in 22 chance to get it!

I will have to admit the 'free set' is very nice for new worlds that lack a real xp or money set.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
A free set has never and will never be as good as a nugget set, regardless of whatever set you're referring to.

Are you sure you got it? I don't think you did...in fact, I don't think you ever will. Your whole experience of "getting that" is limited to deciding what tombola set to use next. I call bs on you playing the game since it was opened; either that or you haven't learnt anything in all of these supposed years of playing.

And lastly,where exactly in what I said gives the impression that I was referring to myself when I talked about strategy and tactics... but then again I don't think you have such things on those new worlds of yours.
Ah yes, "I know/understand it all, you know nothing" guy with so much arrogance and many more assumptions :)

"You this you that, you, you, you" :D

Pity, moving on :)

DeletedUser500

I do believe you are seriously misreading raiders feelings about tombolas. We are all on the same side here. Obviously he's aware they have been nothing but a detriment to the The West, and I've personally told him the danger of suggesting new stronger sets for InnoGames to release.

At the same time sets are the only balancing method etriel is willing to try it seems, so we have to do what we can to keep her in check, or union officer fiesta will just happen all over again but with tanks. Short of formula and gear rebalancing, the only thing we can do is try to make the sets usable and competitive against the 2 modern damager sets.

So while I hate tombolas more than I hate nubs arguing with the wrong person about a misperception of their feelings towards the death of the West, we're stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
On a side note "Free" Damager sets are nowhere near weak compared to Tanks'
i.e Murrieta is way stronger than Zapata is. And Phoebe has great Attack boost.

All one has to do is, wearing Phoebe set and being in a Sector with someone who has Murrieta/Union set. (Cause "Sector damage bonus" bs)
Won't make much of a difference than having a Union of your own.

And what do "Free" Tank sets have against that? While even the newest Nugget one doesn't have much to offer.

Yea, I know Damage formula has a big effect on all this, but I don't see InnoGames revising it.
So what's the alternative other than better Tank Sets??

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

Well you've lost my interest in debating with you if you think I want nugget sets. I wouldn't pay 50 euros on a dying game even for an amazing tank set. Raider and I are town/alliance leaders, and for the last month or so he's been pushing hard to get appropriate sets in the hands of new players. We're both chronically aware of our and the game as a whole's reliance on non-nugget players to fill fort battles. And everything we do is in full consideration of our entire playerbase.

Ive purposefully been on the "weaker" side with less nuggets in every server I've battled on. I've been preaching caution about the premium gap since before 2012, even as a team member on beta, but got completely ignored by game management.

Ive tried doing my part for years, but here we are in 2019: fort battles are a complete clown fiesta of damagers, and no way for tanks or advents to compete against leadership, other than level 4+ zapa gear and pure hp, which isn't a feesable method to use for most.

In multiple other threads about fort battles (we have gone very off topic here but every thread is now a fort thread until etriel does something or gets replaced), I've asked for set rebalancing, formula changes, and someone who knows the game mechanics to be the one making the sets. And ive never had so much of an indication that anything has been passed onto management. If etriel doesn't get her act together, we are definitely in the final year of the West, and I'll take a few last decent battles where i can actually enjoy playing, leading and use tanks for taking shots on towers instead of being forced to bail immediately, over being forced to quit the game because I'm nothing but a public service to leadershits.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
They just made a new Nugget set anyway. Not because anyone wanted, they were going to anyway.
Is it REALLY promising? No.

This new "Free" set is? The answer stays the same.

I will just Quote my previous message:
On a side note "Free" Damager sets are nowhere near weak compared to Tanks'
i.e Murrieta is way stronger than Zapata is. And Phoebe has great Attack boost.

All one has to do is, wearing Phoebe set and being in a Sector with someone who has Murrieta/Union set. (Cause "Sector damage bonus" bs)
Won't make much of a difference than having a Union of your own.

And what do "Free" Tank sets have against that? While even the newest Nugget one doesn't have much to offer.

Yea, I know Damage formula has a big effect on all this, but I don't see InnoGames revising it.
So what's the alternative other than better Tank Sets??

DeletedUser500

Where does getting gear for new players fall here? The topic was that you're asking for nugget sets without considering people who can't afford it. If everything you did was in the consideration of the entire player base, then neither you or raider would be here asking for nugget sets.
Only way to compete with nugget sets like union officer is to have a large playerbase of well-geared fighters, that's why I mentioned it. Don't need to be premium p2w nugget sets.
In fact, the very rare postings with good ideas will never get implemented either since it probably doesn't result in InnoGames making a profit
Yes, this is a problem.
Whatever I have whined about in this thread (free to play players being ignored) is what will keep on happening.
But really, good luck to you and raider on leading that ''town/alliance'' , I'm sure you're doing a great job. Now back to my church building , which is what I have been doing for almost 2 years now since I can't compete in any pwp parts of this game.
I don't think free to play players were ever really considered, but they're absolutely vital to the life of a world. They're the kind of player raider tries to convince to try fort battles, and gear up with alliance donations, from our largely free-to-play world, organise battle buffs, all that kinda stuff. You're the type of experienced player that active fort alliances would love to recruit and help with whatever you need, but I don't blame anyone for not wanting to PvP unless they can pay to win.

Wondering how people claim this set is awful. As a HP set it nearly has same hiding/setting traps/dodging/leadership bonusses as Emiliano Zapata.
I did say I wanted to see how it compared in game to Adams, and Zapata I guess, at first glance it just looks like a glass wall set, crit magnet, but I'll also play around with skills :D

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Wondering how people claim this set is awful. As a HP set it nearly has same hiding/setting traps/dodging/leadership bonusses as Emiliano Zapata.

Not awful but a glass wall set, critic magnet, like Lulu said. Not helping with the insane damages, just feeding them more.
Btw even 200 resistance nugget set looks like a joke against Livingston's horse set.
Definitely looks like a joke but it's not THAT bad.

Surely both Free & Nugget Damager sets are far superior to these 2.
And both those can be merged into one in the same sector, so..

Last edited: