• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Ideas to make fort battles great again

DeletedUser4218

Obviously you have no idea about fort fights. Adventurers are the keys for holding towers.

10k HP adventurer is way way better than 20k HP soldier.

Well it looks like that you play different world as we do. Nobody is saying that adventurer is not important in the game but we do not get any rewards for holding sector. there is no such criteria for reward or ranking system.We do not get hits dodges or dmg. As I sad previously we have around 25 top dmg duelers in the battle with avrg. dmg 1000. so even your bonus is activated you are down 2000 hp if not I am down easily 7000 hp. In my world duelers wins the battles . Before upgrading the things I was able to stand longer .

Option 2) Remove Adventurer skill "You can use Hotel rooms, up to hotel room level 2, in foreign towns for free." Replace this skill with the following: "In fort battles, your resistance is increased by 20%."

I would agree with this option. You may say that than adventurer will by undestroyable but not in my world. It is very important what kind of opponent stands against you
We just want to say that adventurers fort battle bonus is weakest of the rest of characters which has direct impact for rewards or ranking system.

DeletedUser4509

On hungarian servers we saw advets loosing -7k in one round these days. It's very usual, especially on the ground. I think they deserve a better bonus. Advents are the key in fort defending, but they got weak since duelers can hit almost 2500 in one shot.
We first realized that problem on the world championship when one of our advets lost 7k in one round. And compare to the older or normal world, on that one you couldn't shot that much (less skills, less upgrade...).
On the other hand, our advents don't always have a full hp line... A lot of them has about 8000 and plays with Piza on mobility and dexterity, so they can increase resistenc.
Over all: advents deserve a better bonus. Option 2 or option 1 is the best I can think about.

DeletedUser4411

Hi, I'm here to comment on this topic

I have 8 years of playing strong fights and 4 directing these fights, I am from the Spanish server

I am an adventurer in 3 worlds of the Spanish server, and I think that the adventurer's bonus can be used according to the situation of the worlds where it is played, it is clear that in a world with less strong fighters, the adventurer with more life is less likely to be impacted by a critic and that will take it to last longer, that I can add, that can be played taking into account more factors

configuration of founders and councilors of the city that attacks or defends a fort (to know the firing order of the first fighters), if a majority of that city are workers, soldiers and adventurers and few are duelists, the adventurer will already know that he has a certain advantage that you can use in your favor because those members will shoot first and then the other duelists recruited

I have a world where we are so many players, that the excess of duelists in the enemy alliance, makes my adventurer last less, but I have another world in which the opposite happens and I can take advantage of that situation

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------

In the Spanish server 2 months ago we discussed a little about this topic to improve the strong battles, the main idea to which we arrived is the following:

- Better incentives are needed for players to want to play fights

- a huge gap has already been created between the oldest and the newest players, creating differences in favor of the older ones when migrations are made to newer worlds and old ones are closed

- it is necessary to add to the game, more variants of the battles of the fort

these game modes are focused on "maps" with themes, they were proposed 2

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------

battle of the city: using the same engine as in the battles of the fort, but changing the structures for the buildings of the city, substituting the flag for the city bench or the assembly house

In this type of battle, the reward is a portion of the money of the defending city for the attackers if they conquer the city (UPN and EXP are also awarded), in addition to a random item from the stores in the city, only the survivors obtain the benefit of money and items

historical data to support the battles of the cities:

It is not uncommon to mention that during the time of the old west, groups of assailants of between 5 and 40 members, came to the small cities to assault the banks and houses and burn houses to cover their flight, being the police in the area insufficient to stop these assaults, although occasional occasion, these bandits did not count on there being in the city or nearby a small group of infantry willing to defend it from these thieves (rangers)

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----

battles in the forest: using the same engine as in the battles of fort, in these battles you do not fight over buildings, but you have trees that serve to cover and generate shade (places to be covered in the enemy's shot).

In this type of battle, it was suggested that there is a likelihood of finding products of their own that could be found in a forest (wood, fruits, vegetables, seeds, and perhaps something of "value", such as a pocket watch, etc.). )

For each sector of the map, there is 1 site to dispute the battles of the forest, who wins these, controls the forest of that sector and grants a 5% -10% probability of finding products in jobs to the members of the alliance that control that sector

historical data to support the battles of forts in forests:

the beating that was received by the army of Antonio López de Santana after winning the Alamo I enter the territory of Texas with half of his army sinning with pride and being ambushed by these leading to the final defeat of the war against Texas, these battles they developed in the open field surrounded by a forest through which the Mexicans fled

the battles waged by the Mexican army against the French before reaching Puebla, were fought in forests, with all the characteristics of an armed confrontation of the 19th century similar to those of the old west

not all battles were fought in the forts

asdf124

Private First Class
If you truly want to improve fort fights, remove the luck bs from it.

Luck factor in fort fights should not be in fort fights as it should be about your chances to hit/dodge as well as distance.

However, luck factor is so big that it outplaces the others in the equation.

DeletedUser3951

If you truly want to improve fort fights, remove the luck bs from it.

Luck factor in fort fights should not be in fort fights as it should be about your chances to hit/dodge as well as distance.

However, luck factor is so big that it outplaces the others in the equation.

The hit/dodge would still be based on luck, same with the criticals from duellers and "ghosting" from adventurers.

So how exactly do you propose we get fortfights without the luck factor?

DeletedUser4509

The hit/dodge would still be based on luck, same with the criticals from duellers and "ghosting" from adventurers.

He means that luck factor should be minimalized.

asdf124

Private First Class

It should be about where you choose your sp rather than "if you are lucky enough, you won't miss as much."

I am bored from duelers being pure leadership, as it doesn't matter if the player has a nice mix of sp.

Or a 80% hp build on pure "fort fighters".

Cause they only count on resistance and health points rather than anything else.

Instead of increasing or decreasing fort bonuses of each classes, better put a gap on maximum forts held in alliances. If 2-3 alliances (that fight together) have all the forts, other towns / alliances won't bother starting battles.
Put a limit of 3 small, 3 medium and 3 big forts on each alliace. Then fort fights will be equal.

Last edited:

asdf124

Private First Class
Instead of increasing or decreasing fort bonuses of each classes, better put a gap on maximum forts held in alliances. If 2-3 alliances (that fight together) have all the forts, other towns / alliances won't bother starting battles.
Put a limit of 3 small, 3 medium and 3 big forts on each alliance. Then forts fights will be equal.
That won't solve monopolizing forts as the 2-3 alliances might decide to breakup into proxy alliances or sister alliances.