• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Idea: Variety in fortguns

DeletedUser4536

Hello everyone

As someone who loves to play some fortbattles ( espicially with a leadership build) I kinda get annoyed by the similarity in guns. From level 95 to 138 I always have to use the modified precise musket and from level 139 onwards, leadership players use the precise single shot rifle.

I'd love to be able to have a variety in gun choices without being "punished" for using them. This can only be done if we buff the damage from some of the higher rated guns. For example: The precise double barrel shotgun (level 133) has a lower average damage than the precise modified musket ( level 95). The same counts for the highest leveled gun being the modified precise winchester which has a lower average damage than the precise single shot rifle.

In my opinion we miss out on a big opportunity by making only the precise single shot so powerful. It would be great to see 3 types of usable guns in the end-game. One with consistent damage, one with a huge luck factor and the other one just in between.

The simple change would be ( remember that I will only talk about the precise ones, the rusty and normal will get a little boost aswell) to buff the double barrel shotgun to 1-580, making the gun a 2-870 at level 5. Aswell as making the modified precise winchester a 315-315 gun, which gives it 473-473 at level 5. It seems fair to be that the highest leveled gun has the highest average damage.

PS: Yes I know that it can be quite frustrating when you get popped with a high damage roll from the shotgun, but on the other hand you could also get lucky and only get damaged by 50. Also I didn't say anything about the precise trade musket. Following my theory it should also be boosted, I just wanted to keep it simple by making 3 types of guns.

Feel free to discuss in the comments!

DeletedUser4545

They could even make some guns like 3x 100-200 dmg. Which would be bad against resistance for example, but would be great against pure hp etc. Ofc crititcal hit would only count on one not all 3.

Would love even guns with negative stats like negative leadership and aim. But much higher dmg or other bonuses. It would be very hard to balance but would add a bit of variety to "get as much average dmg gun you can"

DeletedUser4536

They could even make some guns like 3x 100-200 dmg. Which would be bad against resistance for example, but would be great against pure hp etc. Ofc crititcal hit would only count on one not all 3.

Would love even guns with negative stats like negative leadership and aim. But much higher dmg or other bonuses. It would be very hard to balance but would add a bit of variety to "get as much average dmg gun you can"

That's also a really cool idea. There's so much creativity amongst players. The game developers should take note and add implement some of the ideas to make the game less monotone.