1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

[idea]:the final gamble an end to market woes

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by Jakkals, Oct 3, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Jakkals

Jakkals Guest

Proposal: New market function to improve fairness of market transactions that is concluded on a higher bid basis.
    Workaround:Nope

Detials: This happened to me for the so manied time. I see an item or items on the market that I want to buy it is marked "current bid only with no immediate purchase price. Today I bid on 7 bags of loot for 15000. Within 2 minutes of the end I sold many stuff in the mobile trader to place a bid of $15000. So I monitored this sale the whole time. When it was still at 3 seconds to go the item was still mine. But according to Da Twista 2 players placed higher bids than me within that 3 seconds. I got the report that I was outbid without an opportunity to defend my bid by placing a higher bid. Most players have gotten fed up with this system as its just a lottery who wins a popular item. So my amendment will function as follows. if a bid is displaced in the final minute, the displaced bidder and the "new" bidder is taking to a match off window were they can slug it out for the items. All bidders that was displaced or placed a bid in the final minute is taken to this window.

Offline players: Can indicate a "highest bid" when bidding this bids will be placed in front of online players from smallest to largest if larger than "final" current bid.

Online players: Throw 2 dices. The first dice determines your bidding position amongst online players. This is not a 6 numbered dice but have a once of position from 1 to number of online bidders.
    The second dice determines how many times you may bid. So say you draw unlucky position 1 you may still have the final say if your the only player that throws the 6 (here we work with 6 numbered dices)
    So in position the online players place their bid but may "end bidding" taking them from the queue. So maximum there is 6 rounds of bidding and players must each time place a bid higher than the current bid. They have a 30 seconds gap to place a bid.

So as you can see there will be a level of fairness as a player can throw a higher 2nd dice and have opportunity to make final bid or bid his opponents out with a high bid early on.

Screenies: Window with queue and 2 dices and 2 numbers besides each players name. Your name goes up in the queue as players bid until its your time to bid. So datagrid with player name and 2 numbers beside it. 2 Dices at start and a textbox to fill in your bid. Button to bid.

Meet guidelines: yes and I am not as much on the forums anymore to know if its been proposed.

Summary: Buyers have a transparent system for final bids. More like normal auction than current system of bid and pray. Sellers get higher prices not just the latest bid for their items.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
  2. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    nothing wrong with the current system.

If you know this happens all the time, why not outbid yourself in the final 2-3 seconds, that's what I do, usually works

3. Jakkals

Jakkals Guest

i would in the above scenario but the players wanted to be sneaky and posted their bid in the last 3 seconds. I received the report after the bid has concluded. As I am in Africa I will have more lag meaning I will lose out every time I bid for an item as you suggest. That is just a further point that is indeed wrong with the system.

Usually I ignore these auctions.

4. eskerod

eskerod Private

Actually not a fair way to make auctions - people should be given some min to make another bid, when they are outbid.
    Thats why i almost never bid on auctions...

I use to put my wanted on the forum, and find a price with the seller.

When i put things on the market i always put a buy now price, so people can buy the product if they want it.