• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

HTML5 battles discussion

DeletedUser4338

HTML5 battle was good, no problems for me... only the dead players not clearing after round, and buggy names in sectors

DeletedUser872

Someone tried with mobile devices? With HTML5 they should be more doable, especially with tablets

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I kept forgetting/missing the Battles to check the "Blurriness" stuff but finally got to try it :D
So unfortunately zooming out/in causing blurriness :(

But normal size is too big for my liking :/

mxj1

Private First Class
Unfortunatly spectating battles is broken(or at least for me), when spectating and round ends nothing happens. There is only text about new round start but neither anyone moves nor I see any shots.

DeletedUser4585

Someone tried with mobile devices? With HTML5 they should be more doable, especially with tablets
i tried it,but it dont work on my tablet
cant place my account on the wall or somewhere else

i work with safari

Last edited by a moderator:

Harsha.1

Private First Class
.net servers was updated with V1.103 recently. So, HTML 5 battles are in effect there and should work on mobile. But I tried being online for a FF on my Android device, using the latest version of chrome. But got the same screen as I did when flash was still active

http://prntscr.com/o7eezj

Is there something that needs to be done to make the battle viewable on mobile?

OneTouch

Private First Class
.net is still using flash, HTML5 only works on .pl and beta.

https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/update-2-103.3432/
Fort Battle improvement - HTML5
A 15 months ago we announced that we were moving from Flash which supported our fort battle system on The West. Since then we have been moving the fort battle feature to the more modern and reliable HTML5 platform. Our dedicated team was working hard over this past year to make this possible, and today we're happy to announce that the HTML5 will be tested on our beta (and Polish) server(s).

Also even after HTML5 update my phone wasnt able to run the battles(tried both Safari and Chrome mobile apps)

Last edited:

OneTouch

Private First Class
Just because they want to announce that they are working about something?

"we're happy to announce that the HTML5 will be tested on our beta server."