• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Holiday Sale 2019 discussion

DeletedUser1406

It was the Devs level of greed that caused us to respond in ernest to DOTD Event
I'm here to pull out Diggo out of this shitstorm. No matter what the company does, the dev never decides what he gets to work on (in this case game decisions). All these decisions are taken by the Lead Community Manager (as there's no game designer for The West) - you can probably figure out who that is. All these new items/quests are implemented by her or whoever she assigns for this, following her guidelines.

Then don't buy them.
This is probably the best advice someone can give. You don't like something? Then don't buy it. The least profit they get the more aware they will become.

DeletedUser3900

Those who invest in the game to strike at the following events
If the developers do not respect the community and look only at the money, those who bring them come to protest
If you do not invest some time in events to see how the developers will react

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
They already "reacted" to people not spending "enough" money on their (illegal) DotD gamble by removing the related items from xmas bags and giving us arguably the worst xmas set to date.
Before the supposedly "Little bit" change to DotD happens even.

But yeah, spenders, especilly big ones, should do "boycott" of sorts (which, they should have years ago..) , if they can resist to the OP nugget/tombola sets :roll:

If by some "miracle" it happens and management doesn't improve.. Then I'd rather have the game closed than seeing them totally destroy it.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Talking of improvement.. Maybe lower the prices of "Duel" weapons a little bit, hm?

For example Belschickel's knout.. 800 bonds/nuggets.. Come on..

Meanwhile.. We weren't given the "old avatars" to buy as another part of the "punishment" I guess :D

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
What a spiteful and vindictive thing to do to the Community?
What are we being so severely punished for?
Maybe you can put the question above to the Lead Community Manager, please Leones?
It's our money, so what exactly makes you think you have the right to tell us how to spend it
I have never spoken to so many players that have said that they are sick of InnoGames's behaviour
There is so much out of date. obsolete, overpriced stuff in this Event and even more of the same in the Town Shops, that were introduced over 9 years ago
You are insulting our intelligence offering 9 year old items in the Town Shops that are now worthless
The items and products from the Fair are no better
You have literally turned your back on upgrading anything, as it interferes with the time you spend dreaming up schemes how to drain our pockets of more money
Before you try to force us to buy it, try making it worth the money
I'm sure you are aware that the DOTD Event is pure and simply gambling
Do you have a licence that allows us to play it and does that licence cover the players under the age of 18 in some countries and under the age of 21 in The USA
If you continue on this path and upset the Community even, more I'm sure that they will soon turn upon you
I don't suppose there will be much left of this post after you have edited it, to avoid the community being made aware of your goal

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I'm sure you are aware that the DOTD Event is pure and simply gambling
Yea they will improve it "a little bit" next year :D
Do you have a licence that allows us to play it and does that licence cover the players under the age of 18 in some countries and under the age of 21 in The USA
Highly doubt it. It's just no one wanna spend so much money to deal with their highly paid lawyers to no end.
Maybe you can put the question above to the Lead Community Manager
I wish they at least played their own game to see the situation instead. But yeah.
There is so much out of date. obsolete, overpriced stuff in this Event and even more of the same in the Town Shops, that were introduced over 9 years ago
You are insulting our intelligence offering 9 year old items in the Town Shops that are now worthless
Forget about 9 years.. 1 year old (hell, half is enuf in some cases..) items be obsolete since tombola madness started..

Had mentioned those in https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/situation-of-the-game.3477 though.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Did anyone notice that we never got a Christmas Gift on the Beta Servers this year?
I guess the devs must be pretty pissed with our legitimate complaints, so they have chosen to be meaner still to us after another year of our loyalty
We have been punished for not spending our hard earned MONEY the way the Lead Community Manager wants us to
She has the last word in the direction that the West goes, but she is being remarkably quiet about it, as we haven't heard one word from her whether this debacle is going to be addressed
I have heard there are going to be some serious reprisals from the Community

DeletedUser4692

Dude just quit the game like I did. I know that it's hard to throw away everything that you achieved among the past years but this game is already doomed (personally, I threw away 100Mil on 1 world and 30M on another (+items) , and I DONT REGRET IT). People in charge of this game are egoists, who can't handle the critics from the players, they cant accept that they've made the mistake. If you write anything negative about this game your comment/post is gonna be deleted.
Just accept the fact that this game is all about the same and developers don't care about it anymore (due to the low playing rate) and personally i am not surprised cause since 2012 its going down.
But sometimes i like to log here and read your desperate comments, revolutionary ideas which noone will listen :) and laugh.

PS: i wanna personaly thank to Leonides who totally limited my access to this forum due to my negative comments about where this game is headed...,because now it takes 5 mins to log on here

asdf124

Private First Class
While it won't help much for this year, we do want to improve the DotD event a bit so the effect of not having the most recent DotD sets available should be less next year.
Will you change the nuggets bribing to include flowers and bonds? IE, whatever nuggets can do, bonds has a 1:1 ratio of being able to do that. And a 1:60 versus flowers. Their would be a pool and accumulated flowers. The pool would be used while the accumulated would be for the rewards.

DeletedUser500

3kuc51.jpg

There's still time for a late Christmas gift in the form of a permanent, community run, Classic Server. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Leones, I'm willing to bet that this is your worst event ever, because of the Devs inability to back down and make the DOTD Sets available :p

It's not too late :lol:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
And since I don't think InnoGames fared well with this joke called "holiday sale" , they will compensate with something else..

Behold;
the almighty Union Marshal set

Damage, Damage, and more and more Damage (to the game)
that goes without saying.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
So I would like to know what exactly the Lead Community Manager accomplished by having the devs remove the DOTD Chests from the Christmas Event
Besides pissing everyone off bigtime and causing a large amount of players to quit the West, I would say it was a reckless move that cost InnoGames mega money
Not a very sound business decision in my opinion
I can't see any reason to continue playing the West any more if actions like this are their way forward
The Lead Community Manager can't unring the bell, as the damage can't be rolled back now as it's way too late to try to recover from this debacle

Last edited: