• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Holiday Sale 2019 discussion

Harsha.1

Private First Class
Sets so far in 2019:

Hick's set - obsolete
McL set - obsolete
Tatanka set - trash
Phoebe set - decent
Hami set - obsolete
Liv set - decent
Sherman set - trash
Highlander's set - trash
Baker & Parade set - decent, but everyone has them already

In short, there's really not much of value to get from the 2019 bags this year. You must realize what made the 2018 Xmas event interesting was the DotD sets in the bags. I personally knew many people who actually spent nuggets in that sale just to get the Zap and Mur sets. By not including this year's DotD items, you're losing more sales, not the other way around, since I doubt sales will be more in DotD 2020 because many will either have quit the game or stopped buying nuggets by then.

DeletedUser500

This thread is amazing, keep the backlash going until etriel reads it. Way to end a terrible year for The West on a sour note.

The reasoning behind it is that we have observed that it promoted not even using the free cards during the event. Simply purchasing items in the shop a few weeks later is not what we want to make the most reasonable way to play our in-game events.
in other words: HOW DARE YOU TRY TO GET AROUND OUR BROKEN RNG MONEY FARMING GAMBLING SIMULATION BY SIMPLY BUYING THE PIXELS YOU WANT. UNGRATEFUL BASTARD PLAYERBASE.
Waiting from the end of DotD to the start of Xmas is a significant time to play a PvP based game without the latest DotD sets. That self imposed detriment you're seeing, where players aren't bothering to play the free games should tell you all you need to know about DotD, if you've never played it.
We would much rather see our players actively engage in the events
Make better events, not gambling simulations that we're clearly all sick of, DotD most of all. Xmas was the event where InnoGames left the Electronic arts impression act behind for a bit and actually did nice things for the community, which was kinda of needed after the DotD event.

While it won't help much for this year, we do want to improve the DotD event a bit so the effect of not having the most recent DotD sets available should be less next year.
I have a feeling this won't help much next year either, we have been telling InnoGames how buggered this event was for years.

All I want for Xmas is Classic West back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 114704

You would think that with all the experience Innogames has, that they wouldn't make these kind of bland mistakes, well I was wrong.
The funny part is, they don't even notice this is a mistake.

Thought process of Innogames: Yey money, rng, nuggets, yey money, nuggets, event, yey money, tombola, nuggets, OP nuggetset, oh yey more money

DeletedUser4213

You would think that with all the experience Innogames has, that they wouldn't make these kind of bland mistakes, well I was wrong.
The funny part is, they don't even notice this is a mistakes they just think.

Thought process of Innogames: Yey money, rng, nuggets, yey money, nuggets, event, yey money, tombola, nuggets, OP nuggetset, oh yey money
sometimes they arent even thinking .....

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
So what you are saying Leones, is that a lot of players got tired of getting shafted by getting the Grim Reaper appear 9 turns out of 10
i was playing 3 worlds and got 2 free turns daily, unfortunately I got one turn out of 10 without the grim reaper appearing
Over a week 90% of my turns were the grim reaper asking me to bribe
Can you understand the lack of participation with odds like that
It was really discouraging trust me

Your devs designed a licence to pick our pockets bigtime and that was really shameful of them
So now we are being punished for not getting sucked into your web of deceit, by the devs withdrawing the main 2 sets that everyone is chasing
It's time for you guys to re-address you gaming model and start considering the Community

DeletedUser4625

So once more InnoGames Games is milking the last dollar out of their dying game. Their greed for nuggets has reached an extent that they - for the second year in a row- decide that making those player special is more important than the others having fun !

Saying that they would feel it worthless means that InnoGames Games cares only about nuggets spent not about game being played and that bs.
But guess what? Those players happen to be still willing to pay more nuggets to upgrade the sets you release every couple months !

So instead of making more nuggets during the sale (which more players are willing to buy though), InnoGames just prefers to keep her loyal spenders happy and feel special, as if they don't have enough nugget sets (last of which is Union Officer set which actually wrecked Fort battles, the last fun the game still has).

The game is not about being played, dear Leones. For InnoGames, it's about how much nugget sales they make. And guess what? those players are quitting day after day because there's no much fun left in the game. So don't give us the bs of interacting with the game events .. It's all about the nuggets, and we all know that now. So please, either let us cope with the stupidity you've already done and stop making it worse.

Don't take more than a week to release the sets this time, please.

asdf124

Private First Class
Why is nick set so bad? Belschnickel was more useful! What in the world? :O
Sets so far in 2019:

Hick's set - obsolete
McL set - obsolete
Tatanka set - trash
Phoebe set - decent
Hami set - obsolete
Liv set - decent
Sherman set - trash
Highlander's set - trash
Baker & Parade set - decent, but everyone has them already

In short, there's really not much of value to get from the 2019 bags this year. You must realize what made the 2018 Xmas event interesting was the DotD sets in the bags. I personally knew many people who actually spent nuggets in that sale just to get the Zap and Mur sets. By not including this year's DotD items, you're losing more sales, not the other way around, since I doubt sales will be more in DotD 2020 because many will either have quit the game or stopped buying nuggets by then.

You forgot nick set, utterly useless, beyond useless. Why in the world did they make it!

Zulus

Private
Having read all the comments made by Leones in this thread, I am under the impression that his google translate is breaking down slowly but surely. Could it be that it does no longer want to translate all the hogwash he is trying to feed us here???

asdf124

Private First Class
they make it to be a new set ez
I for one am more outraged that it is that bad, like free2play players don't even can compete anymore. It is like why do we even play this game with hard work? Who is this game for? Players who go from paycheck to innotaxation or what?

I blame the situation on greed by innogames and the players themselves. Not enough pressure to regulate and make awareness of these wreckless greedy acts by innogames.

DeletedUser4625

Btw, you all know that dotd event is gambling, right? :)
It definitely is in the first place .. You gotta spend a shitload of nuggets to get a full set .. and guess what? they are not even letting you pay more nuggets in the sale to upgrade it.
It's not just a lame perspective coming out of greed to make such events, but it's also stupid and intentionally killing the game by keeping it viable for the few who can afford paying this much to get the descent stuff to play.

DeletedUser4459

Consumer protection loves gambling too I guess.
Last year it took 2 days chitchatting then you put dotd items to the event. Why not make it 1 day this year? So next year you can automatically put it in without this bsitting. Thanksss

DeletedUser4717

I spoke with a bunch of people and nobody likes this idea. The fact that you are going to change what we are used to and nobody told us about that change before. I think its shame that you did not include DoD sets to the christmas sale. This means to me that I was waiting for nothing ... If i knew this before i would definitely played more in last DoD tombole and also this means that I will not spend nuggets in this christmas sale so other reason for you, you will lose money... on the other hand there is no reason to play anymore cause I was literally waiting for possibility to buy DoD sets during christmas sale... The last fact if you would mentioned those changes before or set up them for the next year and make sure everybody knows about it that would be considered as a fair and acceptable movement but this what you did it is just a shame...