• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

harassing player

DeletedUser4144

Would you please tell me what to do against a player who keep knocking me out non stop?
He keeps on knocking me out repeatedly so that as a duelist I can't play at all my game.
I wrote to him but he does not dare give an answer and carry on knocking me.
The only solution is to have no town but it come to same for a duelist not being able to attack anybody.
I told him I don't mind if he attach me normally and steal my money but not to knock me out.
If you don't do anything about this, the only solution is to leave Alamogordo completely.

What can I do??

DeletedUser3679

Adapt your skill, as a duelist you should now in which way.
Crying and mails to such players doesn't help ;)

DeletedUser4144

There is no way I can resist that guy who obviously plays with real money as he has practically all his set level 2 or 3 against mine which is the 4th of july full set, nothing better in stock.
The question is not how he does it but why?!
Is he stupid or simply vicious? Doing so he is killing the hen with a golden egg ,,,,
... once it's dead, no more golden eggs to collect! :njub:
You have to know it's now close to 8 days I can't fight at all!

So it's an admin that must answer this, and I will say who is the player harassing me and probably others.

DeletedUser3679

There is no way I can resist that guy who obviously plays with real money as he has practically all his set level 2 or 3 against mine which is the 4th of july full set, nothing better in stock.
Well, not really duelist clothings :D
Guess the other player is a 0-motivation duelist? If so, leave town for a certain time and if you come back try to duel as much as possible to get out of range of his duel lvl.

The question is not how he does it but why?!
These kind of players just like it to bother other players until their victims leave the game.

So it's an admin that must answer this, and I will say who is the player harassing me and probably others.
It doesn't interest InnoGames/admins/support because this player is acting within the given rules of the game ;)

DeletedUser

It doesn't interest InnoGames/admins/support because this player is acting within the given rules of the game ;)

It actually does interest us BUT as long as the player stays within legal boundaries (AKA: follows the "rules") we can't do much…

It's abusive, sure… but… you know…
paying in $1 000 000 to a Bank in $0.01 coins is in the same way abusive but under all circumstances legal… ;]

DeletedUser3679

It actually does interest us ...
In case it WOULD really interest InnoGames there would had been implemented a way to stop them. The players already gave a lot of EASY solutions weeding out 0-moti-duelist in the past but all you did was increasing the minimum motivation up to 3%. Sorry, that was (again) a big fail. Since January InnoGames did NOTHING to find other ways and now the beta settings will come the other worlds too :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Congratulations, InnoGames will loose again a lot of players ;)

We both now, that such kind of players are often the ones pushing a lot of real money into the game. Therefore, InnoGames is not interested in stopping these players.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
In case it WOULD really interest InnoGames there would had been implemented a way to stop them. The players already gave a lot of EASY solutions weeding out 0-moti-duelist in the past but all you did was increasing the minimum motivation up to 3%. Sorry, that was (again) a big fail. Since January InnoGames did NOTHING to find other ways and now the beta settings will come the other worlds too :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Congratulations, InnoGames will loose again a lot of players ;)

We both now, that such kind of players are often the ones pushing a lot of real money into the game. Therefore, InnoGames is not interested in stopping these players.
I am pleased to confirm that is utter tripe :p

DeletedUser4144

Sorry, je ne comprends pas tout ce que vous racontez! ;)

For sure there is no instant solutions against this kind of player but in the meanwhile my game is destroyed for a long time unless I join a strong gang with players able to make him sleep the same way he does to me.
But this leads to an eternal problem with no practical solution, I play other games and they all have a kind of limitation for abusive players, it can go up to kicking them out of the game no matter if they pay to play or not.

InnoGames should not forget than the free players are often the ones that give the greatest visibility to a game
keeping it alive. We are the base of 99% of the games on internet.

DeletedUser4144

Guess the other player is a 0-motivation duelist? If so, leave town for a certain time and if you come back try to duel as much as possible to get out of range of his duel lvl.

Are you joking or simply stupid? :rolleyes:
This is the best way to stay in his hands for a longer time.:shootout:

DeletedUser3679

Are you joking or simply stupid? :rolleyes:
This is the best way to stay in his hands for a longer time.:shootout:
No need for insults :boone:

Did you understand the intent of 0-moti-duelist? They try to stay on LOW duel lvl to farm players within a certain range. They DON'T want to come to higher duel lvls.

And now reconsider what you asked me ;)

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
For sure there is no instant solutions against this kind of player but in the meanwhile my game is destroyed for a long time unless I join a strong gang with players able to make him sleep the same way he does to me.
But this leads to an eternal problem with no practical solution, I play other games and they all have a kind of limitation for abusive players, it can go up to kicking them out of the game no matter if they pay to play or not.
I'm not sure where this idea came from that zero motivation duellers are walking balls of money, but it couldn't be further from the truth. They'd need to buy an awful lot of those motivation-reducing buffs we don't sell, and if you've ever tried it before then you'd know energy buffs aren't needed. On the contrary, I imagine their tendency to disrupt new players actually has a negative effect.

We've developed a series of changes to promote the alternate form of duelling, experience duelling, and they seem to be working well. Further changes are planned for the near future to further encourage this shift (don't get me wrong, they are needed), but as you say, there is no reasonable instant solution. Crush one play style to protect another... the sledgehammer proposals oft repeated from a minority are both ironic and hypocritical.

DeletedUser3951

I'm not sure where this idea came from that zero motivation duellers are walking balls of money, but it couldn't be further from the truth. They'd need to buy an awful lot of those motivation-reducing buffs we don't sell, and if you've ever tried it before then you'd know energy buffs aren't needed. On the contrary, I imagine their tendency to disrupt new players actually has a negative effect.

We've developed a series of changes to promote the alternate form of duelling, experience duelling, and they seem to be working well. Further changes are planned for the near future to further encourage this shift (don't get me wrong, they are needed), but as you say, there is no reasonable instant solution. Crush one play style to protect another... the sledgehammer proposals oft repeated from a minority are both ironic and hypocritical.

An easy way to hinder low-duelling is to set motivation to 100% like with the jobs, (should be done with construction motivation as well), rework the perks that dueller and worker have, that increase motivation-regain, to maybe decrease energi used for duellers starting a duel (11/10 or 10/8 instead of 12), and decreased construction prices for worker (by 10/20%)
Also remove the 3%-limit, but make it so that you can't do job, duel, construction with 0-motivation. Might need a bit of work on motivation-cost for duels and construction, but it really isn't logical that the one thing we have in abundance (jobs) have motivation reset everyday, while duels and construction doesn't.

DeletedUser3679

I'm not sure where this idea came from that zero motivation duellers are walking balls of money, but it couldn't be further from the truth. They'd need to buy an awful lot of those motivation-reducing buffs we don't sell, and if you've ever tried it before then you'd know energy buffs aren't needed.
They invest their money in equipment and not in buffs ;):whistle:
And yes, you know this very well.

Crush one play style to protect another... the sledgehammer proposals oft repeated from a minority are both ironic and hypocritical.
:lol::lol::lol:
Very funny, you try to protect a player style which was never planned or even wanted by InnoGames.

Proposals of a minority? Come on, wake up!!
Unfortunately, it is always the same with you, you are blind for good proposals of a majority and try to play down by using statements as above :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser3957

normally the current duel KO gives you 72 hours without being a target.

you can try to reskill for duelling or play without a town or ask a good friend built for duels to "harass" him

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
They invest their money in equipment and not in buffs ;):whistle:
And yes, you know this very well.
Wrong again -- it takes no decent clothing for a skilled dueller to defeat workers. It is experience duellers who have the incentive to spend money on both buffs and equipment.

Very funny, you try to protect a player style which was never planned or even wanted by InnoGames.
I'm not trying to protect it, I'm trying to move players to less invasive forms of duelling (experience duelling) in an orderly manner that's reasonable and fair for all players, quite the opposite. Zero motivation duelling may not have been planned in 2008, but it's certainly been wanted since 2009, and it's high time the root issues with duelling behind it are addressed one by one (as we are midway through doing).

Proposals of a minority? Come on, wake up!!
Unfortunately, it is always the same with you, you are blind for good proposals of a majority and try to play down by using statements as above
The majority of people want action to reduce zero motivation duelling, yes, but not in a way that destroys the game for others and drives them to quit. If you enjoy destroying this game for others then I suggest you become one ;)

DeletedUser3679

Wrong again -- it takes no decent clothing for a skilled dueller to defeat workers. It is experience duellers who have the incentive to spend money on both buffs and equipment.
Any proof for your statement?
The 0-moti-duelist are mostly very well equipped with newest and best set items. And how did they get them? Oh, I think with money :whistle:

Zero motivation duelling may not have been planned in 2008, but it's certainly been wanted since 2009, and it's high time the root issues with duelling behind it are addressed one by one (as we are midway through doing).
:lol::lol::lol: Of course, a wanted player style since 2009 :lol::lol::lol:
Mhhh, seems strange because this player style got common much later. :whistle: But I am sure you find another nice argument.

The majority of people want action to reduce zero motivation duelling, yes, but not in a way that destroys the game for others and drives them to quit.
:lol::lol::lol: Again, you are soooo funny!!
It's new for me that normal duelist destroy the game of others. The 0-moti-duelist are the main problem at the moment and not the other players.
Strange argumentation you are doing because due to this 0-moti-duelist and InnoGames's cancelation of work-KO drove a lot of players to quit.

Do you really think that a nightly reset of duel motivation would lead to a massive quit of the current 0-moti-duelist? If so, I have to laugh again :lol:
What is one of the main reasons of the 0-motis? Correct, they want to stay on low duel lvl because on higher lvls there are much less opponents. The nightly reset (combined with the 450 lvl cap) leads to much more duelist on higher lvls, no need for the duelist to quit.
But this is nothing new for you and I know you will bring now very funny arguments why this would not work :rolleyes:

If you enjoy destroying this game for others then I suggest you become one ;)
Oh sorry, I am no 0-moti-duelist. But if you friendly ask me I will do just to confirm your argumentation.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Just reset the Duel Motivation every 24 hours to 100% and stop all the anger and frustration this is causing
Problem solved
Let the zero mot duellers work to get the duel motivation back down to zero again
Maybe they will decide it's not worth all that effort and they will decide to become normal duellers
Why should they get preferential treatment?
It has to be worth a try
Please don't say "It's not that simple" as it is that simple
We don't need a plethora of reasons saying we "CANT", when you really mean we "WONT"

DeletedUser4075

A person asked how to be stopped from being dueled constantly the simple answer is go townless it works for me. If I need something I search for a town that has the item join the town, buy then leave before anyone knows I was there. Then I checked your name and found that you are a dueler then I'm stumped your record is 21-6.