• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Hello, Guest.
    This is the questions section. Here you can ask any question related to the game.
    Please make sure you read this thread before you post here!

halloween event mechanics

DeletedUser

Hi guys, I have a question about the new halloween/day of the dead/ dia de los muertos event. It is really simple one.
What is the percentage of winning?
Don't laugh just yet. Yes I know, it looks pretty obvious and it should be 50% right? But is it written somewhere that one of the cards should be the correct one? No. You never see the other card so for all we know it could be only some random percentage, 12% for example, that the picked card is the winning one. And the best part? You would never know, you would just always thought "Aw maan, how unlucky am I?" ...

PS: if it is 50%, the chances to get 5th category items are still pretty lousy
1 50%
2 25%
3 12,5%
4 6,25%
5 3,125%​
It looks betters than it really is ;)

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
It is indeed 50%; you have an equal chance of winning no matter which card you click.

DeletedUser

So what is use for those flowers? Just total number for personal and world rewards? We can't spent them on card game?

DeletedUser1406

So what is use for those flowers? Just total number for personal and world rewards? We can't spent them on card game?

6b230c7d43.jpg

DeletedUser

You never see the other card so for all we know it could be only some random percentage, 12% for example, that the picked card is the winning one.

Well… not…
As in - we play fair and if we show you 2 cards && do not mention anywhere else that there's a "success" rate modification - that means you have 50/50 chance to win.
If we'd like you to have a 1/3 chance - we'd display 3 cards; 4 for 25% etc etc…

That applies to all games we create. That's why - for instance - you had so many "tiles" on the Valentine's game. Each tile had the same probability of being the chosen one, we just "dispatched" some of the rewards on the tiles bit more frequently than the others.

Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 20.28.38.jpg

DeletedUser

That applies to all games we create. That's why - for instance - you had so many "tiles" on the Valentine's game. Each tile had the same probability of being the chosen one, we just "dispatched" some of the rewards on the tiles bit more frequently than the others.

View attachment 139
Good to know :) It's is not always that clear. (the one on valentine was one of the best - constant speed, random time, all rewards displayed - nice)

Anyways - some additional information is always helpful ;)

PS: response from diggo was good enough for me

DeletedUser3857

All this is doing is eating up my bonds to try for something
nice. Very Very Very least favorite event of all. Bribing
with only nuggets, also not happy. Guess I will let this
one slide and hope for a better Event next time.

DeletedUser

Other question : will the items from lottery become sets or are they intended to stay like this ?

DeletedUser

With those mechanics it is a pretty expensive event, having each step you take a 50/50 chance in winning. Worst case cenario is then 775 nuggets for a multi-bribed win in category V. And no chance to bribe with bonds.

The good in this event is the reduced number of content and the higher chance to win an item in comparison to former events.

All in all it is a "Groschen-Grab" as we say in German, directly translated: a grave for dimes.

Collect Cempasúchil flowers by doing jobs, duels, fort battles, construction, solving quests and receive them from your friends!

What quests ?

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I don't recall if the quest unlocked at the community stage three provides any, or an item that does, if not perhaps it was intended to earlier.