• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Gift Hunt & Holiday Sale 2020 Discussion

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well, it has been quite accurate with everything so far.
But sure, opened bag numbers are a tad too low atm.
And as we all know, drop rates don't work on a person basis but as a collection of whole players, so yeah.

TheMegaira

Private First Class
The pickaxes requirement is correct. We have received multiple requests in the past to make quest-lines more difficult - that would be in the case for the ''Double Trouble'' quest-line.
to collect 45 pickaxes wont make a quest more difficult, its only boring and needs a lot of time. i think the requests were more for tasks that require some thought. the best quest in this context was the secrets of the west.

questrquirements :
if it's not too much work, could the announcement, concerning the quest requirements, be changed again?

the Old Mine location for the "Double trouble" questline can be unlocked by completing" scout (ID 846) from the Mexican gold questline and it is available from level 55 after you have resolved Hacketts Claim.

i still think that it is the job of the quest creator to check the quest requirements and also to announce them correctly.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
the Old Mine location for the "Double trouble" questline can be unlocked by completing" scout (ID 846) from the Mexican gold questline and it is available from level 55 after you have resolved Hacketts Claim.
You are able to see the Old Mine whilst in the middle of the ''Mexican Gold'' quest-line, but the quest giver will close after you complete the quest-line. For the Old Mine to stay opened, the steps mentioned in the announcement need to be taken.

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
The pickaxes requirement is correct. We have received multiple requests in the past to make quest-lines more difficult - that would be in the case for the ''Double Trouble'' quest-line.

I just can't wait for all the players in regular worlds to start iron mining 24/7. This was just the challenge everyone was looking for! Who comes up with this nonsense?!? Maybe in the next quest we could collect 2000 knocked out teeth? Or InnoGames can just send someone to our homes to poke us in the eye with a sharp pencil, that would make the game more difficult?
I really sympathize with you... having to defend these decisions in a public forum, even though I'm sure you don't agree with them... such an ungrateful job.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Personally, I don't care about pointless quests that don't give Ap/Sp or anything of real use..

But yea, one would expect something smart to make things 'difficult' so that berry pickers can be happy.

DeletedUser500

Well how do you make a quest more "difficult"? If you have to use your brain at all to solve a riddle or something, experience tells me no one will even try, and they'll just spam for the answers, or some external site will publish the answers, or that the quests itself will be so poorly written, no one could figure it out from a clue.

In my opinion, a "difficult" quest is one where you have to do a lot of grinding, although this is more tedious than actually difficult. It is what it is...
The only improvement I could think of to make a quest difficult, is to require crafted products from all 4 classes, again not difficult, just tedious to find 3 people to help you and tedious after being asked to craft something for the 40th time. At least players have an opportunity to profit from this kind of thing, quests should also compliment the main aspects of the game, for example: the player economy, not just take 40 hours of jobs for the sake of taking a long time.

tl;dr Quests are tedious, more PvP and interacting with the game's main content, other players.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
If you have to use your brain at all to solve a riddle or something, experience tells me no one will even try
Yes, and no.

Thing is, some people only cares about Quests and their Achievements. And others just wanna get them over with.
Guess which one wants Quests to be "difficult"

If I had to guess, those will prefer "smart" quests over 13234 hours of jobbing/farming.
But yea, there are waaay too many Quests now to create a different and smart new one.

Tbh, I'd rather have them remove like %90 of the Quests. Since they give nothing of any value.
That is.. After some proper PvP balancing is done.. Which bring us to.. never.. I guess :njub:

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
Well how do you make a quest more "difficult"? If you have to use your brain at all to solve a riddle or something, experience tells me no one will even try, and they'll just spam for the answers, or some external site will publish the answers, or that the quests itself will be so poorly written, no one could figure it out from a clue.

yup, you are right, most people won't bother to use their brain. but those people are not the players who asked to make quests more difficult. this is supposedly done to respond to the requests of people who like solving challenging quests. can someone really say that this is what they asked for and keep a straight face? of course not, that's ridiculous. people who like doing quests asked for puzzles, riddles, brainteasers. not for this.
and those who are not interested in quests did not ask to make them more difficult, and this is not a response to their requests. they'll ask for instructions in forum and chat, they'll go to 3rd party websites to find info, just like they do today. this quest requirement is not aimed at them.
I don't have that big of a problem with the requirement itself. but telling us that we asked for it - that's insulting.

Deleted User - 117270

yup, you are right, most people won't bother to use their brain. but those people are not the players who asked to make quests more difficult. this is supposedly done to respond to the requests of people who like solving challenging quests. can someone really say that this is what they asked for and keep a straight face? of course not, that's ridiculous. people who like doing quests asked for puzzles, riddles, brainteasers. not for this.

but telling us that we asked for it - that's insulting.

Exactly. Quests are also part of the game and many players play this game cause of the quests. So give something to that group of players.

More challenging quest that needs thinking without posting the link with walkthrough is what is called ' difficult' Just reading what to do next on external sites is boring. Won't even mention hours of jobs needed. 45 pickaxes really ?

Why not forbid external sites from publishing the solution of the quest for like 2 weeks (+/-)to let players solve them first then let sites make them public for players that wont bother with reading text and hints. Let players that actually care about quests solve them and eventually get the achievement , not just first online that read it on beta and collected all needed before it was added to regular worlds.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Is there a possibility to have more extensive bonuses though?
Like something to help with church building xp and/or motivation, luck bonus etc

Btw, why Santa's clothing set is called "Matoaka's clothing set" ?
We already had same named (Speed) set in 2017.