• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Gift Hunt & Holiday Sale 2020 Discussion

Lordofgods

Private
Like others have suggested, I'd say to put the DotD-style event earlier in the year around Valentine's, so that there's enough gap between it and the holiday sale, which would then remove any barrier to a year's DotD items being available in the sale, that would be a win for all concerned.

Yeap, Valentine's <> Day of the Dead ... make it real (swap the style of the event)

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Please note that we are aware of the bug with the 'Double Trouble' quest-line. It has been reported and will be fixed soon. :)

HelenBack

Private First Class
Could you please make sure the "Have a look" link in the announcement opens in a new tab? Otherwise people get taken out of their game... They may be in the middle of a chat or something that may upset them to be taken away from. Luckily I had just refreshed my screen and hadn't started anything else before I suddenly was in the forum instead of the game. lol :blink:

Link currently goes here in the same tab:

Not a big thing, just an annoyance. :)

I'm glad that the drop rate has been increased... I didn't have much luck finding pumpkins and actually gave up looking after a while. Some worlds I got less than 30 pumpkins... :huh:

gordonhunter

Private
Couple of points re Christmas event

1) One part of the Christmas questline seems to have 45 pickaxes required, that seems to be a lot.
2) been told that to have access to the Old Mine you have to complete another questline which is higher than the questline level for Christmas questline. Seems to be unfair on players who can start Christmas questline but aren't near completing other quest?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Couple of points re Christmas event

1) One part of the Christmas questline seems to have 45 pickaxes required, that seems to be a lot.
2) been told that to have access to the Old Mine you have to complete another questline which is higher than the questline level for Christmas questline. Seems to be unfair on players who can start Christmas questline but aren't near completing other quest?
The pickaxes requirement is correct. We have received multiple requests in the past to make quest-lines more difficult - that would be in the case for the ''Double Trouble'' quest-line.

quis

Private First Class
45 Pickaxes are not "more difficult" but only annoying because of hours and hours doing the same job. There are also parallel some other quests which are time consuming. With a drop rate of around 30% we need at least 135 hours to get this large amount. 5 1/2 days of continuously trying to collect pickaxes... not to mention other items which not everyone has in his backpack in the required amount...

TheMegaira

Private First Class
been told that to have access to the Old Mine you have to complete another questline which is higher than the questline level for Christmas questline.
it's a mistake, not a bug ....how long do we have to wait until the mistake with the mine is fixed? untill the next update? unfortunately it is not the first time that this error happens

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
it's a mistake, not a bug ....how long do we have to wait until the mistake with the mine is fixed? untill the next update? unfortunately it is not the first time that this error happens
This is not a mistake, it has been confirmed that the Old Mine is first opened upon completing the quest-line ''Charlie'', thus you would need to do so in order to complete the ''Double Trouble'' quest.

TheMegaira

Private First Class
This is not a mistake, it has been confirmed that the Old Mine is first opened upon completing the quest-line ''Charlie'', thus you would need to do so in order to complete the ''Double Trouble'' quest.
so the new questline is only for players level 97 and up ??
then please correct the announcement !!!!

and tell the players that the new christmas quest is unfortunately not planned for smaller levels

yes, the quest giver is only unlocked at level 97, but the question is whether it was planned for this quest or not. if not, then it is a mistake !!!

Last edited:

TheMegaira

Private First Class
The last step of the quest line wasn't available, this has been fixed.
what about the announcement with the new quest ?? will it be changed and the event quest is only from level 97 or will the quest giver be unlocked for everyone ??

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
what about the announcement with the new quest ?? will it be changed and the event quest is only from level 97 or will the quest giver be unlocked for everyone ??
The announcement will be changed soon. Unfortunately the quest line will remain as it is now.

TheMegaira

Private First Class
The announcement will be changed soon. Unfortunately the quest line will remain as it is now.
is this a decision by InnoGames to take the easy way out ?.... apart from the fact that they annoy a lot of players
it is a mistake, either the announcement or the quest requirements

Last edited:

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Aww poor new server players.. They will not be able to do 1 of the 1000 lovely quests, how sad.
Biggest problem of the game even.

There always have been a lot of quests needing certain Level or certain Quest.
I'd rather talk of stupid Day/Hour requirements of some.

These being said I'm against everything that favors "Premium" (aka Nugget munchers) players

But then Quests can wait. Fix, the, borken, PvP.

Last edited:

gordonhunter

Private
Aww poor new server players.. They will not be able to do 1 of the 1000 lovely quests, how sad.
Biggest problem of the game even.

There always have been a lot of quests needing certain Level or certain Quest.
I'd rather talk of stupid Day/Hour requirements of some.

These being said I'm against everything that favors "Premium" (aka Nugget munchers) players

But then Quests can wait. Fix, the, borken, PvP.
No there are plenty of quests new players can't do, that is not the issue/problem. Its a problem that the main event questline can't be completed until you are level 97 that is the problem, Has the bar for an event questline been set that high before?