• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Gift Hunt & Holiday Sale 2020 Discussion

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Just another cloned clicky click event right after one is ended.
Of course it has "brilliant" copy-pasted quests too.

As per usual, no way to get them from any activity either but to click clack brainlessly for hours.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
nothing new or different, unfortunately. this means there's not a lot to comment :(

but, I would recommend to check the text of the announcement again, not just run it through a spell checker. I suppose "collation cards" are "collection cards", "new exacting story" is a "new exciting story" etc. :cooln::p

Deleted User - 117052

Can I just ask 2 questions:

1. Do the prices of bags and chests remain the same as last year? (75-65-60-50 for bags, 2.9k-1.8k-1.4k-1k for chests in UPD and nuggets)
2. If it´s not secret - what´s the droprate of gifts? Just want to get some clue, how long approx. I will need to click. (Secondary: what can we expect inside the boxes? - because this info is missing in comparison to the former "click" events)

Thank you. :)

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Can I just ask 2 questions:

1. Do the prices of bags and chests remain the same as last year? (75-65-60-50 for bags, 2.9k-1.8k-1.4k-1k for chests in UPD and nuggets)
2. If it´s not secret - what´s the droprate of gifts? Just want to get some clue, how long approx. I will need to click. (Secondary: what can we expect inside the boxes? - because this info is missing in comparison to the former "click" events)

Thank you. :)
Of course you may :)

1. Yes, prices will be the same for bags and, relatively, the same for chests
2. Unfortunately the drop rate will not be released but I can say that we have taken your feedback into consideration (from the recently passed Pumpkin event) and have increased the drop rate...in general.

Harsha.1

Private First Class
The new buffs in the bond shop look interesting. I like the concept of offering premium bonuses for bonds. But I was wondering - will these buffs only be available in this season or will they become a permantent fixture in the shop, and secondly, will a buff providing higher income for 1 day be added as well?

Also, is there any word on if/when the special holiday bonuses will be applied at the end of the year like in previous years?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
The new buffs in the bond shop look interesting. I like the concept of offering premium bonuses for bonds. But I was wondering - will these buffs only be available in this season or will they become a permantent fixture in the shop, and secondly, will a buff providing higher income for 1 day be added as well?
The buffs will only be available for the duration of the Holiday Event. I am not sure what kind of buffs are you referring to (to provide higher income).
Also, is there any word on if/when the special holiday bonuses will be applied at the end of the year like in previous years?
I will ask, but there should, hopefully, be some bonuses :).

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Wait. They sell (Char, Energy & Automation) Premium for Bonds?
Wow. That's dank.

I mean at last something to pour bonds into, for people who doesn't need any items but DotD's :roll:

As for other new Buffs.
I think Craft items becoming... much less important?

Can we expect any new/updated PvP related buffs/crafts though?
I am not sure what kind of buffs are you referring to (to provide higher income).
I think he means Higher Income&Luck&Drop premium.
we have taken your feedback into consideration and have increased the drop rate
Well thanks.
I guess haven't taken "give them from other activities so we won't have to click for hours" feedback though.

Btw, someone asked above but, what can we drop from Holiday gifts?

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Wow. That's dank.

I mean at last something to pour bonds into, for people who doesn't need any items but DotD's :roll:

As for other new Buffs.
I think Craft items becoming... much less important?

Can we expect any new/updated PvP related buffs/crafts though?
Perhaps when the crafting level will be increased again.

Btw, someone asked above but, what can we drop from Holiday gifts?
''Inside those very special blue boxes "Holiday gift 2020", you will find small prizes like new collection cards, quest items (one in every box), buffs and more which may make your life easier during the winter time. So keep your eyes open!''

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Im kinda sad the 2015 bag is gone/was even last year.. because it was the only chance (i know if you were ultra lucky but still..) to get even the star wars weapons or snek again. :c Years before i was throwing my upd there once i got what i wanted from recent bags.
( Why not bring even to new bahs some kind of premium items every year as "jackpot" from bag? :))) )

Pankreas PorFavor

Private First Class
Wow. That's dank.

but, I think there's one minor problem with this... you can only use one buff at a time.
for example, if you activate a buff that gives 24h automation premium, you can't combine it with energy premium buff because you cancel the previous buff. but it could be useful if you combine these buffs with premium medals, so at least there's that :) this just means you can't fully replicate full premium benefits only with buffs (for bonds), which is fair.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
if you activate a buff that gives 24h automation premium, you can't combine it with energy premium buff
I'd ever only use bonds for Character premium anyway :D
While hoping for something good to pour Bonds into, in 2021.. 2020 didn't.

But maybe you can extend them like Medals, just can't stack buffs?

Last edited:

Harsha.1

Private First Class
I think the option of getting buffs that allow you to get premium without spending nuggets is a big deal - many players have plenty of stacked bonds, but insufficient nuggets. This could mean more FFers have full character premium and others (jobbers) can get full automation premium for a year.

I was wondering if the 25% experience bonus from the egg nog buff applies to experience gained from church (or just any other experience buff). Could the admins clarify if using it will improve experience from church?

While hoping for something good to pour Bonds into, in 2021.. 2020 didn't.

Perhaps next year we'll all spend our bonds on the DotD '20 chests :P - it was usually this year's DotD items that made the holiday sale special and memorable. Many people spent a lot on the 2018 sale simply due to the presence of the Zap/Mur items. Like others have suggested, I'd say to put the DotD-style event earlier in the year around Valentine's, so that there's enough gap between it and the holiday sale, which would then remove any barrier to a year's DotD items being available in the sale, that would be a win for all concerned.

Last edited: