• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Game is "slowly" dying

Rabit

Reservist
This post is one of the last opportunities to tell us what you are planinng next.

Is normall that 7 years of game you do nothing else only 24/7 churchbuilding?

This point of game with churchbuilding you killed : Fort battles - why players should go to Fort battle if there they may die and lost energy and one hour of their time when they could construct church and get 9.000xp instead of 2 Bonds, 3000xp and lost energy and hp? Of course You abosultely dont care about anything in this point.

Where is PVP ? Where the hell is PVP in this game?

I play old server and there is no PVP and I dont even have duel level 450. I cant even see 3 players to duel... Where the hell is PVP developers im asking you to ansfer me THIS POINT!!! WHERE IS PVP???? Why you killed duells with decrasing duel level?
DELETE DUEL LEVELS.
Many players are not able to complere QUEST: "Win 10 duels" because they cant even see anyone to DUEL, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT???? OR YOU DONT CARE AS USUALLY???!!! What else you need to hear from your players?
Poition to decrase duel in my case will decrase 2 duel levels for 500 golden nuggets/UPD ????? IS THAT WORTH???? DO YOU CARE ABOUT SOMETHING WHAT IS IN THIS GAME????

We are waiting 8 years to see only one small change in PVP system, but we see QUITTING players and DELETING their accounts because developers absoluteny dont even care about this part of game.
Top players are churchbuilding, in townhall you can see 18.000+ hours spended of building, only 1 player, another player 10.000+ hours, another city and player 14.000+ hours.
What you got from this churchbuilding InnoGames Games? Can you ansfer me? Only money spended on bonus of automation? Sure... You will not answer us, never.
As a players we can barely see what you did and what are you doing to this game. I have spended every day and night for time of 7 years Building stupid church.
And Im so "happy" to see friends deleting accounts and spend time with many better hobbies. This is the Real face of game.
If youre talking or thinking something else you are lying to yourself.

You ruinded 100.000 friendship points achievement.
Now you can choose only Items like Billy ´s peacmaker... WHAT A JOKE!!!! 2.000€ spended for 100.000 points and you can choose only items which im selling to Mobile trader,
This game is one big joke. Players are wtiting to forums in every language versions of this game their ideas and suggestions, but in 10 years you did nothing what players asked for. You dont care i know, we know, everyone who spended years of playing this game knows it.

We can compare other browser games with THE WEST, they got updates, they got PVP system, they got sthe spirit in game, but you absolutely killed the point of this game with your attitude NOT to listen what players was asking for.

Level 50 with same stuff is obtaining same ammount of xp from jobs like level 200, its fiesta!!!! FIESTA!!!!

I dont want to listen "WE ARE PLANING.... , WE HAVE IN PLANE THIS..."
No guys, i dont believe you.
I´ve studied on University IT. I could to make this type of game in 1 month. Dont tell me how hard are these or another things, you will waste my time.

DeletedUser500

Is normall that 7 years of game you do nothing else only 24/7 churchbuilding?
As a players we can barely see what you did and what are you doing to this game. I have spended every day and night for time of 7 years Building stupid church.
It sounds like you made a choice, my guy, and it's interesting that it took you 7 years to realise that something was wrong, but welcome to the cause.

This point of game with churchbuilding you killed : Fort battles - why players should go to Fort battle if there they may die and lost energy and one hour of their time when they could construct church and get 9.000xp instead of 2 Bonds, 3000xp and lost energy and hp? Of course You abosultely dont care about anything in this point.
A valid point, PvP rewards are simply outdated, they were outdated when level 150 came, and they are even more so now. We had to fight every centimetre of the way to even get event currency at fort battles and then to get double event currency when you die to make up for the loss of energy. Let's not even bother mentioning duels here - it's never been a viable way to farm the event currency that the entire game has evolved to revolve around.
My point here being Innogames haven't been very good at knowing what's good for PvP for at least a decade + and have historically heavily relied on the community feedback, which is now, evidently, not really taken into consideration.

Many players are not able to complere QUEST: "Win 10 duels" because they cant even see anyone to DUEL, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT???? OR YOU DONT CARE AS USUALLY???!!! What else you need to hear from your players?
This is a just relic from the past, from a different game even.
everything in the game is supposed to compliment the PvP. The reason you were to do quests was for items and skill points that helped you in PvP. The reason you farmed money was to buy clothes to help you in PvP, the reason you build your town was to unlock gear to help you all with PvP.

Those reasons are missing now, so there's no reason to do anything. What's the point of levelling up if there's no Multiplayer Role Playing Game for us to play at the end?
To be fair there's no "end" in sight anymore anyway to the levelling.

Why in the world would we spend nuggets on a tombola when there's no PvP to play with it in?

The West in 2023 is a glorified chat-room with a dress-up simulator bolted on, and it's not like this happened overnight or under the radar, we've been saying it the entire time.

Players are wtiting to forums in every language versions of this game their ideas and suggestions, but in 10 years you did nothing what players asked for.
This is dangerous too. Someone foolishy asked for the level cap to be increased to level 250 because they ran out of church to build or something - InnoGames implemented the biggest change in the game in 7 years in the worst possible way, had it on the public beta for A WEEK, completely ignored any and all player feedback and pushed it to production servers - so botched it was that the person from which this terrible idea allegedly came from has complained about its implementation.

I dont want to listen "WE ARE PLANING.... , WE HAVE IN PLANE THIS..." No guys, i dont believe you.
I'd actually very much like to see a development roadmap, even if it's only speculative.
It's important to know where the priorities are.

I´ve studied on University IT. I could to make this type of game in 1 month. Dont tell me how hard are these or another things, you will waste my time.
I agree with all that you've said, however, presumably you studied in this decade - I'd find it amusing watching you try to make something work in a 15 year old game with spaghetti code.

We'd honestly all be better off if they re-made The-West, but the problem with that is it would be turned into even more of a mobile game style lootbox fiesta, but at least there's a chance there will be an intact game hook to make it worth playing then.

Last edited by a moderator:

PVP is DEAD

Private
"Slowly" ? :D The game is dead since 2014 no character bonuses changes, no PVP changes it is absolutely dead. This is true face of game many players agree but they dont have any energy and motivation to write it o forums, because they used to do it years and years ago, everything was ignored. :-) this is last chance to do something with it.

Man of Florida

Reservist
Hello!

I would change the current duel formula. I thought of several variations, but all has one thing in common: Duelling level based duelmaking -> Level based duelmaking.

Cancelling the duelling level based duelmaking. In this topic I just see the contra´s: at higher duelling level no opponent´s, no possibility to levelling etc. Solution: Level-based duelmaking.

The players could face oponents 30 or 50 level higher and lower. This formule should maximaze the number of opponents, making the pvp section of the game more fresh, to catalyze the market (much higher demand for better pvp gear), make players to cooperate (group attacks - I know this is not fair, but the Wild West wasn´t fair though), to make leveling more attractive and so on.

Btw levelling... the current pvp formule gives 12-3700 xp at 0 % xp boost. By having a good xp set, this can be currently increased maximum to cca. 15 000 XP (But with having full xp set, that gives you 0 duelling skills). So roughly, an average duel winner gets 2500-3500 XP (this is from my own experience with thousands of duels in my pocket). So, this level of xp from duels is not at all on par with the current level requirements. I advice the increasement of the xp from duels. I think a 3* multiplier would be correct. It would be a more joyful and intense way of leveling. An average 8000-10000 xp/duel would be super.

And what about the duelling level and duel xp which is decisive at the duel rank list? The easiest way is to delete the duelling level. The duel xp correlates with the duelling level, so by deleting the duel level, the duel xp would be calculated from the level of the opponent. +30/50 level = highest duel xp. -30/50 level = lowest duel xp. And here comes a question: should we change the current amount of duel xp? Absolutely not. The current formula is: normal duel xp/3= duel xp. So when a duel gives me at 0 % xp boost 3600 xp, my duel xp will be 1200 xp. So if we multiply the normal xp by 3, the duel xp will multiply too. But it is not a good solution, because it would create unbalance at the duel rank list. After the update it would be more easier to climb ranks, and by doing so, we would be ignoring the hard work of the players so far. And that´s unacceptable. I would leave the level of duel xp at the current. A duel win against -30/50 lvl player= 3 duel xp, a duel win against +30/50 lvl player = 1400 or what is the current ceiling... This would not change the status of duel ranking, but just making duels a better option to level and to have more opponents. (Deleting the duelling level would cause a trouble with duelling level achievements)

Another way is to change the current situation is the leave the duelling level as it was. However, it would have no use, it would only be present as a status in the game. Yes, I reached level 450 and that's it. It´s quite boring, but it is what it is..

A far more interesting solution is to increase the duelling level to 1000, or an even crazier idea, there should be no limit on duelling level. I think the battle for lvl 1000 would be very interesting or just to have the highest duelling level on the given server would be good. There could be a few solutions about the connection of the duelling levels and duel xp, but I would prefer the level based duel xp. New achievements, more exciting game, intense clashes... the whole game would get a new face.

I would be happy if you could share your thoughts on the subject. Feel free to highlight the negative aspects of my idea.

I know... too long, didn´t read.

Have a nice day.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
Hello!

I would change the current duel formula. I thought of several variations, but all has one thing in common: Duelling level based duelmaking -> Level based duelmaking.

Cancelling the duelling level based duelmaking. In this topic I just see the contra´s: at higher duelling level no opponent´s, no possibility to levelling etc. Solution: Level-based duelmaking.

The players could face oponents 30 or 50 level higher and lower. This formule should maximaze the number of opponents, making the pvp section of the game more fresh, to catalyze the market (much higher demand for better pvp gear), make players to cooperate (group attacks - I know this is not fair, but the Wild West wasn´t fair though), to make leveling more attractive and so on.

Btw levelling... the current pvp formule gives 12-3700 xp at 0 % xp boost. By having a good xp set, this can be currently increased maximum to cca. 15 000 XP (But with having full xp set, that gives you 0 duelling skills). So roughly, an average duel winner gets 2500-3500 XP (this is from my own experience with thousands of duels in my pocket). So, this level of xp from duels is not at all on par with the current level requirements. I advice the increasement of the xp from duels. I think a 3* multiplier would be correct. It would be a more joyful and intense way of leveling. An average 8000-10000 xp/duel would be super.

And what about the duelling level and duel xp which is decisive at the duel rank list? The easiest way is to delete the duelling level. The duel xp correlates with the duelling level, so by deleting the duel level, the duel xp would be calculated from the level of the opponent. +30/50 level = highest duel xp. -30/50 level = lowest duel xp. And here comes a question: should we change the current amount of duel xp? Absolutely not. The current formula is: normal duel xp/3= duel xp. So when a duel gives me at 0 % xp boost 3600 xp, my duel xp will be 1200 xp. So if we multiply the normal xp by 3, the duel xp will multiply too. But it is not a good solution, because it would create unbalance at the duel rank list. After the update it would be more easier to climb ranks, and by doing so, we would be ignoring the hard work of the players so far. And that´s unacceptable. I would leave the level of duel xp at the current. A duel win against -30/50 lvl player= 3 duel xp, a duel win against +30/50 lvl player = 1400 or what is the current ceiling... This would not change the status of duel ranking, but just making duels a better option to level and to have more opponents. (Deleting the duelling level would cause a trouble with duelling level achievements)

Another way is to change the current situation is the leave the duelling level as it was. However, it would have no use, it would only be present as a status in the game. Yes, I reached level 450 and that's it. It´s quite boring, but it is what it is..

A far more interesting solution is to increase the duelling level to 1000, or an even crazier idea, there should be no limit on duelling level. I think the battle for lvl 1000 would be very interesting or just to have the highest duelling level on the given server would be good. There could be a few solutions about the connection of the duelling levels and duel xp, but I would prefer the level based duel xp. New achievements, more exciting game, intense clashes... the whole game would get a new face.

I would be happy if you could share your thoughts on the subject. Feel free to highlight the negative aspects of my idea.

I know... too long, didn´t read.

Have a nice day.