1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Fort Fights destroyed by 2.0

Discussion in 'Version 2.0' started by Jarema27, Aug 24, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Jarema27

Jarema27 Guest

Forts and my friends are everything what I'm playing for.

2.0 ruined three things.

1.Chat

There's no way to leading now,leading is harder than before,turning on chat 50 times is really tedious and don't make game easier...
    Really please make something with chat if you want get new players.We - Old players,like fort battles and we can do that,but tell new one to open fort battle,next chat,next fort battle,next chat,next fort battle,next chat....
    I don't know anybody who will do that and get pleasure...

That's really seriously disparagement and you should Think about it.

2.No frames in fort battles.

I don't know what would you get with deleting all frames,you wanted make it nicer?
    It's just chaos,where player don't know what is he doing,when I was in first line,I couldn't find my shoot,all letters are the same and there's no division...

3.Fort battle reports

I think it's bug,nicknames of the attackers and defenders are the same,there's no way to see who was on wchih side.

2. kauri

kauri Guest

Besides no name coloring, you can't click a specific statistic now. There is no way of sorting by damage dealt, KO's, dodges, etc like before.

3. Jarema27

Jarema27 Guest

4.Ranking .

[​IMG]

I think we haven't yet duelers with 11k HP on 48 level,another stupid news,when I'm ranking player I'm riding to the start of the list,it's not necessary,also opening new window nearby every player is annoying,couldn't it be like in the past?

4. Jarema27

Jarema27 Guest

By the way,if I want see that I ranked 50 players I have to count them,isn't it easier to give back OLD system of ranking?

5. kimba

kimba Private

still no reply from InnoGames, to these and other questions....

6. Joony

Joony Former LCM Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    Hi!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

1. Can you explain this a little further?
    What is the excact problem?
    Is it that you have to click back and forth between two windows (Chat and fort battle)? Is it that the chat message send line is not auto-focused? Or is it that the chat window simply has a bad standard size and standard position?

2. There are still some open bugs and improvements we need to do. That screen is not final, don't worry.

3. Bug, we are working on it. :)

7. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

this is the problem. I was way better in 1,3x when it was fixed at the bottom of the screen. Players with small screen now have to manually open and close chat every time...

8. Jarema 27

Jarema 27 Private

Main Server:
    PL

1.I mean it's very time-consuming when you have to click back and forth between two windows,new chat is better,but orders still aren't clear enough.

2,3.I'm very happy of that:)

4.Ranking window

Still 3 bugs.

A)When you point player to see his HP,weapon,place in the fort ,right side of window won't refresh when you'll point to another player.
    B)When I'm ranking players window automatically is scrolling up,it's very annoying.That will be more annoying on normal world where are 140 players to rank...
    C)Another annoying and time-consuming are new windows when you'd like to rank players,it's not very important but I think you should know about that;)

Thanks for reply.

9. Katzazi

Katzazi Guest

Issues with new ranking system

1. Background of the ranking window

Please get rid of the fort background behind the ranking window. Sure, it looks nicer this way, but people who open this window do it for a specific purpose which is not admiring your graphical skills. I would not mind to have a nice view there, but the overall principle of this window should be readability and useability.

With this background, the text is much harder to read. Especially since the font-colour is not black. The background does not give additional information since there is also a small version of the battlefield in the upper right corner, which shows me where the participants have placed themselve.

2. missing counter of ranks

It is really annoying if you have to rank when you have to count the people already ranked manually. Especially since you will not be informed about captains and generals subscribing after you have started to rank. I only tried it for small ones but consider a big attack - are you sure that you will never make an error while counting 140 members who are not only ranked but also have arrived at the fort? And do this under time pressure since the battle will start soon...

3. probably abug: broken distance display
    The distance display of the player ("at the fort" , "not at the fort" ...) is currently broken. It shows a green blubb even whe the player is displayed as "not at the fort".

4. probably a bug: there is no way to return from the ranking display to the normal fort battle view.
    In 1.x there is a "Return" button so that you can easily switch between both displays.

5. probably a bug: ranking view jumps up to the top every time one sets a rank
    This is really annoying. But it also makes you belive that the rank was actually set. As bevore one has to set "Evaluate" aferwards, again. (However I never got why this step is nesseccary. Especially when ranking with two people, it would be nicer, to see what the other sees, as fast as possible.)

Other Stuff
    - There are multiple issues with the battle report. But I hope that those are currently bugs.

- Costs for building the Protective barrier
    Well, this may not sound as something you would expect in a summary for fort battle issues. But it actually is a big issue, from my point of view.

Constructing forts is expensive. I'm one who think's it's a good idea that the costs went up, because there are fewer forts.

But that should not be the case for the barrier. It affects the battles itself in a very harsh way.

I know, fort battles are hard to balance. I guess that they are more or less balanced for forts which are complete, because most fort battles will take place in such forts.

If the fortification is not there, it hurts the defenders in the actual battle.

If the towers are not 3x3 it hurts. But it is easy enough to get them to this level. They don't need to be complete.

But uncomplete barriers are also very bad. It's not because of the missing bonus even it adds up to the prblem. It's because you cannot run around on the fort as fast as one is supposed to run. When the barrier is complete you are more or less as fast as the attackers when they move directly at the fort or in the outermost ring. But when the barriers are at low levels you have no chance to catch up to the attack.

The probem now is, that barriers are extremly expensive to get to an unbroken level. Even the first level needs 100 wood - you already need at least 40 wood to build up the towers. (The other ressorces are also high, compared to the towers).

The effect this will have is that forts will be hard to defend at all for a long time. Since the chance is quite high that you will lose the fort with the next attack, it's not fun to store those high amount of resources into the fort, so that somebody can start to build soon. So it takes even longer until the barriers are build up. This leads to a long time of bad fort battles.

Just make it cheaper to get the non-broken barriers and make other stuff more expensive. Towers or maybe even higher levels of barriers. If there is a good chance to keep the fort, people will work hard to build on it. But if you know that you will lose it soon, you wont. And since there are only 14 forts of each size, chances are high, that there will be a fight about every fort, soon.

10. Jarema 27

Jarema 27 Private

Main Server:
    PL
    I remind you about numbers of players in ranking window,it's really important,I can't imagin ranking with 140 players and counting all of them to be sure about that everyone will take part...

11. Katzazi

Katzazi Guest

Yes, that is one of the biggest issues for fort battles.

If that cannot be implemented fast enough with the new window, just take the 1.X-Window. Nobody will mind the other graphic-style when the functionality is there. The way it is now - nobody would be insane enough to rank more than once at least for big battles.

You can implement it with the new style later, but please, please give us the functionality back.

Try to count 140 ranked people out of 160 applications in a hurry while being interrupted by whispers and maybe others ranking beside of you....

12. emste

emste Guest

Status update for the following issues:

List will not jump back to top anymore after you ranked a single player. However, when you click "evaluating" the list will be updated and therefor jump to top again.

I can't reproduce that. What browser do you use?

There is a link to go back in the downer left corner of the recruit table.

What do you mean with new windows? It's just a popup that opens, like in 1.36.

fixed

fixed

fixed

fixed

I think the updated changes will be available next week. If you test the battle again and there are still some things you want to have changed, just leave some feedback here.

13. Katzazi

Katzazi Guest

Wow, that sounds quite good. I'm eager to test it :)

14. Jarema 27

Jarema 27 Private

Main Server:
    PL
    It's all right now.

By the way ,before 2.0 if player didn't set the target anywhere,he walked to the flag.Now some players are walking to the left,north corner of map,is it bug or new default target?

By the way I have little idea about target,it's very important in the fort battle and now we have to trust Our players,that They gave target where we wanted to come,but one,little modification will change it.

http://clip2net.com/s/2jq6d

It's very simple grapchics,but I think You'll get what I'm talking about.

If leader will see one player with target to flag,and one with target under wall,leader will have easier choice than before.

Anyway thanks for reply,battles are really better now:)

15. Joony

Joony Former LCM Former Team Member

Main Server:
    DE
    Good idea. Maybe even multiple targets would be cool. Like being able to target all walls or all towers but also only the eastern wall.. Good idea that we should keep in mind for the future!

16. kernelru

kernelru Sergeant

keep work on bugs please