• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Food for Thought

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I have approached this idea for consideration in the past to no avail
Maybe it will be reconsidered, now I have some facts to back up and prove my reasons for asking yet again
I have logged 150+ hours of 15 second jobs on Lead a Trade Office at a cost of 18 Nuggets per hour (see the image below) = 2700 Nuggets
I have sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for work motivation cooldowns to the value of 30% of that 150 hours = 45 hours
If there was no Work Motivation Cooldown, I would have achieved another 45 hours work using an additional 810 Nuggets which would have been very profitable for INNOGames
Work Motivation Cooldowns serve no apparent purpose and just wastes players time and causes frustration
I am just one player appealing for the Work Motivation Cooldown to be removed
Just look at the amount of players working at Lead a Trade Office and Travelling Merchant and consider how many more Nuggets will be used if it is removed
It gives no apparent advantage, as it benefits the whole community who do any jobs that need the Work Motivation to be reset

http://prntscr.com/g1dhr0

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
We got plenty of jobs. So go and do other jobs. Simple.
Or use potions.
How does doing other jobs cure the cooldown problem
Did you take the time to think about your response before you posted a reply as it makes no sense whatsoever
Potions to refill Energy costs 36 Nuggets and has no bearing on the solution to the cooldown problem

DeletedUser500

Work Motivation Cooldowns serve no apparent purpose and just wastes players time and causes frustration
The purpose is to stop premium players from gaining a massive advantage over free-to-play-players (I'll ignore tombola sets for the purposes of this discussion). Keeping the game as competitive and fun for everyone as possible should be a higher priority, than giving the hand-full of big spenders the ability to spam premium buffs - since you can buy motivation buffs from the shop for nuggets.

I'd say the average active player can work for probably 6-7 hours per day, in 1 hour intervals, it's not going to be a popular change if we skew the already abominable premium-free balance any more than it already is. You're already doing more than 2x the amount of jobs that a non-premium player can do in one day, and you still want more?

If we were talking health buffs, a premium player could be impossible to knock-out if buff cool-downs were removed. Buff cool-downs are there for a very good reason, and I think they will remain as they are. You'll just have to wait for the immense 10 minutes to pass before you can buff again.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
If it wasn't for Premium players there would be no West, and you wouldn't be here destroying Premium players motivation to continue playing this game by refusing to address the problem
I still get to use Work Motivation Buffs and they have nothing to do with Premium, so please get your facts straight
Any Tonic Peddler can craft Work Motivation Buffs, so how does that make them Premium?
What on earth does buying Motivation Buffs from the SHOP have to do with my request
Stop comparing this with Health buffs as it has absolutely no bearing and just shows your attempts to muddy the water even further
I never asked for the cooldown to apply to Health Buffs so why would you try to distort my request with them
I have not asked for more, I have asked the devs to stop forcing me to waste 30% of my time in this game intentionally, when it serves no purpose

How does doing other jobs cure the cooldown problem
Did you take the time to think about your response before you posted a reply as it makes no sense whatsoever
Potions to refill Energy costs 36 Nuggets and has no bearing on the solution to the cooldown problem
Like I said, to other jobs. For high XP, high money. Not only luck jobs.

DeletedUser500

If it wasn't for Premium players there would be no West
If you believe that it was a good strategy to milk premium players to the point that the premium gap is so large and so many great players have left the game, and that the most active servers have around 3000 players now, then that's all on you. I'm basically just some dude who plays the game, albeit less and less so with each iteration of Tombola Simulator 2017(tm). As such, my priority is on making sure the game is as balanced for everyone as possible.

I still get to use Work Motivation Buffs and they have nothing to do with Premium, so please get your facts straight
Any Tonic Peddler can craft Work Motivation Buffs, so how does that make them Premium?
What on earth does buying Motivation Buffs from the SHOP have to do with my request
There's a +25% work motivation buff in the shop, and it wouldn't be possible/practical to separate the crafted and shop-bought buffs into different categories. That's why it's relevant to your request, and why it's a terrible idea from a game balance perspective.

Stop comparing this with Health buffs as it has absolutely no bearing and just shows your attempts to muddy the water even further
I never asked for the cooldown to apply to Health Buffs so why would you try to distort my request with them
I was elaborating on my points by giving you a further example of why buff cool-downs exist and will continue to exist. Simply that, nothing more.

when it serves no purpose
So basically you didn't read my post detailing the purposes, why did I even bother to type this reply again?

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I figured I would get a totally negative response as usual, so go ahead and close this thread, as I also don't know why I bothered

DeletedUser500

I'm not exactly the decision maker here, I'm giving you my opinion on why it shouldn't or won't happen. I decided to look up your previous thread on this issue, and it seems you were shut down back then for almost the exact reasons I've given here, even from the mouth, or i guess fingers, of a developer himself.

While I agree that you could possibly remove the cooldown for *some* potions, we for sure don't want to do that for all of them (and if we remove them for one type, soon players will request to remove them for other types as well). Some of the reasons have been stated already. Also, while you might see the advantages - some players will mostly see disadvantages (eg. balancing issues with that) in removing cooldowns.
What do you think has changed since then?