• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Finalist #3: The Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Questline summary: This is the story about an Indian called Rollin’ Stone. He sure is one disorganized man but there is no one kinder than him. Due to his absence of mind he often ends up in trouble. This time he seems to have lost his very special hat.
Questline name: The Hat
Player level: 50

Quest name: 1. Meet the featherhead
Employer: Waupee
Quest text: Waupee: Hallo (players name), have you met my papa? He goes by the name Rollin’ Stone. He is a nomadic Indian and where ever he lies his hat is his home.
Requirements: Level 50
Reward:
Final text: Rollin’ Stone: Hello friend, I think I’ve lost my hat. Would you please help me find it? I must go but you can talk to Waupee. Rollin’ Stone sure looks like he has a lot on his mind.

Quest name: 2. The story
Quest text: Waupee: So he has lost his hat, again? Sigh. He is one of the kindest persons in The West, maybe too kind, but he is very absence minded and restless. His hat helps him think and come to rest. The best place to start looking for it would be in my village. I will help you find it.
Requirements: None
Reward:
Final text: Waupee’s story of his absence minded father moves you and you decide to try to help them find the lost hat. It almost sounds like the hat has some Indian magic in it. You decide to visit Waupee’s village.

Quest name: 3. The village
Quest text: Wahoo! What is happening here? There seems to be some hullabaloo in the village. All the Indians are running around all over the place. You must make yourself heard!
Requirements: Travel to Waupee’s village (to start the quest), Leadership level 50(?), Equip Post horn (to finish the quest)
Reward:
Final text: Your abrupt signal from the horn made all the difference. The Indians suddenly end their commotion.

Quest name: 4. The Squaw
Quest text: Waupee asks a Squaw what the hullabaloo was all about. She answers that the tribe is upset due to a clumsy old Indian that seems to bring bad luck where ever he goes. This time he has lost the tribes cooking pot. Can you please help us find it? You will be rewarded.
Requirements: 4h Exploration, Equip Cooking pot
Reward:
Final text: Ah, you have found it! But wait a second! This is not the right cooking pot! Ours was much bigger!

Quest name: 5. The bartering
Quest text: You realize that it is very important to oblige the Squaw if you are to get any information on the whereabouts of Rollin’ Stone’s hat.
Requirements: 2h Bartering with Indians, 500$
Reward:
Final text: The Squaw: You are much to kind! Maybe this is our cooking pot after all. Is there anything we can do for you?

Quest name: 6. Your story
Quest text: You ask the Squaw if by any chance the clumsy Indian go by the name Rollin’ Stone.
Squaw: Yes he does!
She sounds somewhat upset but then she asks how you knew. You tell her the story of him losing his hat and that he has asked you to help him find it.
Requirements: None
Reward:
Final text: Squaw: Oh, he’s lost that old hat again has he? Sigh! The saying goes that where ever he lays that hat is his home. The last place that he called home was actually the Indian camp site in the far south east corner. Maybe you will find a clue there?

Quest name: 7. A bargain
Quest text: Waupee introduces you to Little Crow, the Sioux chieftain. Little Crow: So, you are a friend of Rollin’ Stone, the mess maker? He owes me something. If you help me get the guns he said he could get me, then I will help you!
Requirements: 5h Selling guns to Indians (to finish the quest)
Reward:
Final text: Little Crow: I’m impressed! You got me all these guns in only 5 hours! Now I’m going to get my revenge on those settlers! What can I help you with?
Have you misjudged this situation? Is Rollin’ Stone involved in the Sioux war with the settlers? You need more answers.

Quest name: 8. Answers
Quest text: You: What’s this all about? What settlers? Where? Why do I always get involved in these things? What in the world is Rollin’ Stone up to? And what does all of this have to do with his hat?
Little Crow: That’s a lot of questions. I will answer them all but we must come to peace first.
Requirements: Have 1 Whiskey and 1 Calumet in your inventory
Reward:
Final text: Little Crow: Rollin’ Stone is not bad! He’s just trying to help. The “settlers” have started to slaughter the buffalos, leaving us with nothing but coyote nagged bones. We are starving. They are bandits! Maybe Rollin’ Stone lost his hat while he was scouting their camp in the North West?

Quest name: 9. The bandit camp
Quest text: You arrive at the bandit camp late at night. There is nothing you can do right now. But wait, what was that? You think that you saw something in those bushes over there!
Requirements: Go to the Ghost town in the North West corner and equip map (to open the quest). 1h Exploration (to finish the quest)
Reward:
Final text: That something turned out to be someone! While crawling through the bushes you find yourself face to face with Rollin’ Stone! You all look pretty scared.
Rollin’ Stone whispers: What are you two doing here?

Quest name: 10. Bad news
Quest text: You tell Rollin’ Stone about the Squaw and Little Crow. You tell him that you would like to help, not only finding the hat, but also in the fight against the bandits.
Rollin’ Stone: We have to attack this morning, we can’t wait for Little Crow and the rest of the Sioux. The Bandits are leaving for the last hunt. They are planning to drive the buffalos over the cliffs to get the most out of the hunt! There will be no buffalos left! But first we have to rest!
Requirements: Sleep for 8h
Reward:
Final text: After sleeping you ask Rollin’ Stone if he has talked to the bandits?
Rollin’ Stone: Of course not! They are bandits!
You offer to go to the bandits to negotiate.
Rollin’ Stone shrugs and says: You are brave and maybe stupid. I see myself in you. Be careful.

Quest name: 11. Negotiations
Quest text: You leave Waupee and Rollin’ Stone and walk down to the bandit camp. There are at least a twenty ruffians sitting and laying around a camp fire. By their stare and posture you understand that these men are up to no good.
Requirements: 5h Peace negotiations
Reward:
Final text: Bandit leader: So, we can’t hunt buffalos no more? Who are you to say what we can or can’t do?
This went from bad to worse! You never fail at negotiations! Has Rollin’ Stones misfortune landed on you now? The bandit leader is coming at you, waving his big fists!

Quest name: 12. The duel
Quest text: Waupee shouts out a warning: (Players name) Look out! Bandit leader: You will pay for this insult, maggot! Fight fair!
Requirements: No weapon (to start the quest). Defeat the Bandit leader (duel to finish the quest)
Reward:
Final text: While fighting the bandit you noticed some things. First, you are lucky, the bandit was just so eager fighting you that he didn’t have the time to grab a gun. Second, one of the bandits is wearing an Indian hat with an eagle feather.
Now you run!

Quest name: 13. Smoke
Quest text: You tell Waupee and Rollin’ Stone about the negotiations and the fight. The bandits are too many and to well equipped for you three alone.
Rollin’ Stone: Well, your negotiations with the bandits gave me the time to contact Little Crow with smoke signals. He is coming and he will be here with the rest of the tribe in less than one hour! Let’s prepare by scaring away the bandit’s horses.
Requirements: 20 times Stealing horses
Reward:
Final text: Rollin’ Stone: Good job my friend! We make a good team, the tree of us. In a way I feel organized and alive, not clumsy and absence minded.
You tell Rollin’ Stone that you’ve found his hat.
He smiles back at you.

Quest name: 14. The Sioux
Quest text: The three of you watch as the Sioux approaches. Little Crow: Well, you have been busy I see. Looks like some of Rollin’ Stones misfortune rubbed itself off on you my friend. I hope we come out of this upcoming fight alive. It’s time to scatter those bandits once and for all!
Requirements: 8h Break up gangs
Reward: Title: Honorary Sioux Indian, New item: Rollin’ Stone’s hat
Final text: While fighting the bandits, Rollin’ Stone got his hat back. He gives it to you, as a token of appreciation.
Little Crow: Thank you my friends. From now on you are honorary members of the Sioux. You are welcome to live with us at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.