• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Easy fix for adventurer in Fort Battles

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
For many years, the adventurer has been the weakest class in the game. Not only at the fort, but in general, but at fort battles is the biggest problem. Not only his bonus is very weak, but it's also frustrating, because the first to shoot are the duelists with the highest leadership (usually the ones with the highest ups), then the character bonus comes in if you're lucky not to be KO. So you don't really dodge much (if any). There is also the risk of fainting your teammates if the bonus comes too early. There were all kinds of proposals, some made by me, but nothing was implemented. Some have suggested increasing resistance, but that wouldn't change much when duelists shoots you (most of the time when you hold a sector), but it would be very frustrating for tanks to do very little damage. I have previously proposed a reduction of damages greater than a certain amount by a certain percentage. I don't know the exact formula anymore, but I exposed it here in another post. Others have proposed immunity from critical hits. These proposals, although they can be very effective, can be difficult to implement (as far as I understand we have only one developer and this one part time). So what do I propose now? Increased defense (chance of dodging) at the fort. Just as workers have + 20/40% attack / defense, the adventurer could have + 30/60% defense. It would not be too good to keep sectors, because the current character bonus only comes after you receive at least 2 hits (usually about 4). So the dodges do not influence the current bouns and do not make it OP. What do you think? Is it an easy fix for adventurers in Fort Battles? For the duel he would receive 25/50% appearance bonus and instead of being able to sleep for free up to level 2/4 hotel he could receive a bonus of 50/100% regeneration

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
And how's OP? Workers have 40% defense and 40% attack (in the same time). Soldier have DOUBLE HP (+100%). And also 50% more leadership for him and nearby allies. Duellers have those OP crits. Repeat. How is that OP?

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
And how's OP? Workers have 40% defense and 40% attack (in the same time). Soldier have DOUBLE HP (+100%). And also 50% more leadership for him and nearby allies. Duellers have those OP crits. Repeat. How is that OP?
Well 450chance is very high , its very likely to dodge every single shot. How do you calculate that 450? You mean 450 dodge chance character bonus without the dodge chance on the tower? If yes that takes the dodge chance over 600 if you add the tower dodge chance and that's beyond broken

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Well 450chance is very high , its very likely to dodge every single shot. How do you calculate that 450? You mean 450 dodge chance character bonus without the dodge chance on the tower? If yes that takes the dodge chance over 600 if you add the tower dodge chance and that's beyond broken
You can have 450 defenes with a worker with a good set and 2 soldiers around you. And no, you won't dodge every single shot, look at @Pyrotechnist complainig all day long he is missing with 450 attack 10 shots in a row.
@Uchiha Madara Dealing 5k damage per round as a duelist (even at low lvl) isn't op, but having 60% dodge chance it is? :))

OneTouch

Private First Class
I think damage reduction would be perfect for adventurers. 20%/40% dmg reduction per shot.
For duelling i think appearance bonus would make more sense for duellers. But every class must have one duelling buff at least from my opinion. Maybe vigor bonus for adventurers and shooting bonus for workers or something like that.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I proposed something similar, but the damage reduction should be applied only against damage higher than a certain amount (depending on the level). But being a percentage, it can work either way. However, i tought it was too difficult to be implemented, that's why i proposed this. Damage reduction can be even more effective than defense bonus, especially when you're holding sectors. People are used with their OP classes and are scared of an adventurer buff, but this class really needs a rework/buff asap. Many adventurers already quit the game due to the lack of a decent class bonus.

Guiri

Corporal
Reworking classes is apparently part of the big update, so when it comes we will know. Until then there is 0% possibility that InnoGames will make any changes to them

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
so when it comes we will know
Never. The answer is NEVER.
The person who announced the big update is no longer working at InnoGames Games and the increased level will be the end of this game.

DeletedUser5241

I know an adventurer with pretty high damage. Those who quit maybe had other expectations. I mean i’ve got a duelist and do average 10k damage offline and 20k online (sometimes) and this adventurer does 25k+. It doesn’t mean duelist class is bad and i should quit is just lack of interest.

Guiri

Corporal
Never. The answer is NEVER.
The person who announced the big update is no longer working at InnoGames Games and the increased level will be the end of this game.

Never is definitely not the correct word to use. I for one is happy that Etriel finally left. She is directly responsible for many bad things in this game and she had a bad way of listening to the people below her. I don't know who took over but I hope it's someone better.
I am pretty certain the update will happen, maybe not all at once and maybe not all parts that were hinted.

As they say, patience is a virtue.

DeepFearr

Reservist
The game is dying. if they don't do something fast, they will lose too many players and will not be able to bring them back with a good update.
First of all, I have signed up to the forum just to support this article you wrote.
If we come to the bonuses of the adventurer class, you may even say that the year is not 2009 and hundreds of sets are out, none of them meet today's conditions except for the adventurer's product finding and luck bonus. Losing blood day by day, the west must make some radical changes and start by updating the bonus of the adventurer class.

(We reported this issue to the admins on the TR server, but the game's headquarters did not dwell on the problem of the adventurer class.)

I suppose reporting offences on market was a more important update. It reminds me the "sacred fire": your life is a pity, let's make it a little bit harder, you will not see the difference. Though, we still accept your payment, and if you don't pay, pray!
I totally agree with a class balance, adventurer is totally useless,as told before, you take the dueler shots and then disappear, what a bonus...
Appearance bonus should go to duelist in my opinion. I am against a crit immunity, maybe a few reduction of its potency but nothing more. The main problems I think are that stupid sets and stupid bonus towers...
Tanks should do a little bit more damage (which actually means dealing damage) and damage dealers should deal less damage.
Honestly, I just come here from time to time to see the "updates" but I stopped the game.
"What is dead may never die" would fit better than "discover new lands..." :roll:

obai-the-king

Lance Corporal
if you have the adventurous class I propose to implement your option and deactivate the other bonuses as a chance to.