1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Easter Showdown Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Versions 2.08 & 2.09' started by Diggo11, Apr 10, 2014.

Share This Page

1. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Bonds should be used on the shop.
    I understand that people have thousands and thousands of bond letters from the valentines event and where thinking on using them now to get 20 or more tries on the 800 nuggets slot to get everything many times to make massive amounts of money and get all the hard things.
    That´s, probably, why they removed the bond option. There are people that got over 200 bond letters on the valentine event and just let them stay waiting for next tombola to get "free" tries.

And there is the problem of the duellers and fort fighters... people that are online 2 times per day just to send travel orders or make 6-7 duels per day. With the eggs, those will need to change there gameplay... or use nuggets.

At least, with this option, active players that are open to be attacked for 4h(at least) doing jobs, will get something back. The duelers can get many targets even that they need to pay nuggets for playing on the tombola.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

im not sure if anyone actually has 16k bonds for plays (were it available and if so it would be an incredibly isolated incident. Not to mention the raising on the bonds needed like 1200 a play would off set a bit to where a normal bond hoarder might get 1-3 turns, most still zero (especially on nonbeta worlds). People would say that's money out of InnoGames's pocket since tombolas generate so much revenue, but with the amount of buffs and premium service medals that are dropping as a result of the eggs resetting timers, I'd say they would have come out ahead. at the current rate, a player with automation can probably keep his energy going nonstop just from buff drops during the event and gather a couple months worth of premium services

3. Hamilton

Hamilton Guest

Some feedback to the Easter showdown:

1. Allowing bonds to gain access to the 25, 150 and 800 would be a good idea; I think the majority of players would see the chance to pickup a pair of trousers, jackets or weapons from the new sets as much better investment than some healing potions from the bond shop.

2. It would be very welcome to include the new chests from the latest release in the Easter showdown. That should make it even more attractive for people to go for the higher tiered duels. For example replacing the Premium Chest with the Glossy Premium Chest or use both in the Very Rare category and replacing the Unique Chest or adding the Precious Unique Chest for the Rare category.

4. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Im very unlucky.
    Without using any nuggets i made 53 tries:
    42 eggs (14 duel motivation)
    2 character medal
    2 energy medal
    2 Bass scarf
    2 Cullen dustcloth
    1 Desmond hat
    1 Bass hat
    1 Cullen booths

And i don´t have energy or automatization buffs. Just working 10 to 12h a day on jobs. (damm that i lost for 2 times and didn´t had any way to bribe the big fred... that´s why im just going to get the axe around tomorrow).

And yeah there are many players outside that have many many letters. The servers where people had 500 or more friends where pretty easy to get to the 180000 in a week time and get 3 to 5 bond letters per day. (with 750 upbs invested on the big bag right when the event started)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. Hamilton

Hamilton Guest

You make it sound like it is a bad thing that a very small portion of the player base (might) have a large number of bond letters available. Why is that bad?
    And why should what a few players might been able to do, go against giving an ordinary player a few shots at some of the better gear for his or her saved up bonds?

Your results also confirms that you need to access the higher duels to have any real chance of gaining much of the sets.

6. torinogranata

torinogranata Reservist

Main Server:
    IT
    Great majority of us don't like friend bar. Too uncomfortable to scroll, it takes time to send eggs to everyone, moreover I think it's useless to encorauge us to add people, to whom we won't talk ever.
    Furthermore I don't like the inability to use bonds in the event.
    So far, unfortunately, I don't see set bonus, so I can't judge them.

Finally, It's not closely related, but every year we take extra skills from repeatable quests, I think that new players should be able to regain the gap doing many times that quests in order to give them the opportunity to have the same skills points.

7. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I wonder what it is with the win and loose. On Alamogordo I think I have lost once or twice- today I loose nearly every time on Enewetak. Is it just me ?.
    I dont bribe -as I got the showdown set- and cant compete with the big nugget spenders anyway.

I did not think it mattered what gear you have on- but just found out that I loose wearing the Easter showdown set

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Private First Class Elite Tester

Main Server:
    RO
    I don't know why so many players bring the upb into discussion at every tombola event. I'm not saying it would be a good or a bad option, i just want to remind you that only one tombola from last year had the upb option active (oktoberfest one) so, practically nothing changed, nothing has been removed, the Easter last year's tombola was with nuggets only... this year eggs feature was added. An extra upb option would be too much combined with eggs, just my opinion. I'm not saying eggs option is perfect though but still is a nice addition to nuggets only :p

9. sand of time

sand of time Private Elite Tester

Main Server:
    RO
    A tombola with bonds encourages multi-accounts. It's better if they will keep with only nuggets.
    Just saying.

10. Elmer Fudd

Main Server:
    RO
    Hmm, maybe long time upb multi-accounts gatherers. Eggs option encourage short-time multi-accounts gatherers :D Your statement is kinda wrong, imo... i see no big difference between those options when is about multis.

11. sand of time

Main Server:
    RO
    Right! No big difference, but exists. At early game, you can recieve up to 150 bonds, enough for 1 round at tombola :)

12. Elmer Fudd

Main Server:
    RO
    Lots of multis were made last year just for those free rounds/day... Trust me, a multi proof option would be a "nuggets all the way" one, with nothing free, which clearly would be something very bad :) Better to stop here, cause we can talk few days about multis :d

13. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I know it is mainly a beta problem that so many come just for the event, many of them probably multi accounts.

Leaving out the bond option is not going to chase them away.
    But maybe a level restriction of around 20 - 25, to take part in any event would. It does not take long for a real player to get that far.

14. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

+1 (short)

15. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    I would like to know if the drop rate on jackets is the same of that of pants. We seem to be short on pants :eek:;)

about 2 times as many jackets as pants - and not just me- but me and 2 other players. I know that not enough to judge - but it seems odd. :)

16. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    I have seen an increase on accounts registering onto some worlds where i play. Most of them stay at level 1-2. So they are already waiting for the event.

On the other point, why not create a routine for the friends bar?
    Each 10 levels open 5 friends on the bar. (invites or invited) That would solve the problem of "massive number of eggs for free" and get a point to the friends bar getting information to the players, since the 10 levels achievement would have that information.

17. sand of time

Main Server:
    RO
    +1
    Friends per level is the best idea.

18. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    I think that is a good idea, but unfortunately it's too late for this event; I'll keep it in mind if there's ever another one.

19. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    :D for this one it wouldn´t matter but if this kinda of system continues, it´s a good way to keep players working and use the friend bar.
    On the valentines there was too much mess around for getting hundreds and hundreds of friends to get points easily. On this one, there is, already, a major change: people can only get 2000 eggs per day (upper limit). That is 4 free plays.

But keeping changing it for the Independence tombola, it would already had time to be tested by the team and try it outside before the tombola is released.
    Yeah it will make many people complain about not getting enough "things" but it would get the bar into the game, like it has been "sold" with the valentines and easter.
    Level 10 the bar is "open" and can get 5 friends. Level 100 we can have 50 friends. Level 110 - 60. Level 120 - 70. Level 130 - 80. Level 140 - 90. Level 150 - 100.
    Less cargo to the server and people would be playing naturally and not messing up like it happens on this events.

At least, this method gets something more for the people that go around the map doing jobs... instead of the ones that are just online to queue 3 duels or move into a fort battle. And it doesn´t moves into the nuggets schematic.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  20. xDiego

xDiego Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Main Server:
    NL
    Why do I need to be level 150 to have 100 friends? I'm against this idea.
    Most likely only 50% of your friends will send eggs. The amount of eggs you get with the friend list is nothing compared to the amount you get with 1h jobs. So just don't make this option available and all the problems are solved.
    I don't think many people will mourn if the friends bar option is disabled.