1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Duelling Changes Part II Feedback

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by Diggo11, Aug 3, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

Can we have a look a ranged vs ranged duelling, 625 dodge against 550 aim and and you get hit 5 or 6 times a duel, a ranged duellers defense is his dodge and in some way should act similarly to a melee duellers defense his resistance, if a res dueller has enough defense (resistance) then the damage he receives is minimal. I am finding ranged vs ranged duelling very unpredictable and erratic.

2. Rastlos

Rastlos Private First Class

A range duellers defense in your comparision is reflex as it works the same way as resistance für melee duellers. In my opinion no need to change this otherwise you have to skill dodging as range dueller only.

3. PaPa PoPCoRN

Ha? Reflex is the defense mechanism for ranged duellers? I think we're on a different page. What's the issue with having 800 on reflex, 800 on trading, 800 on dodge or 800 on swimming, if you do a swimming based job you expect the 800 SP to come into play.

Anyhow, it may be worth exploring the possibility of a 2 or 3rd formula for better balance, over the last 2 weeks it feels like aim has been given more weight to accommodate for melee duellers against ranged duellers which is fair enough but it has thrown the balance of dodge out, almost like the old formula has been inverted. Maybe have a seperate formula for ranged vs melee, melee vs melee and ranged vs ranged, I think it would be easier to find a better overall balance.

4. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    I'm still waiting for an answer to this

I asked how much longer the 8hr/24hr duel cool downs were going to continue and I couldn't get a straight answer
    These changes were imposed over 2 months ago and that's enough time to collect data on over 66k+ duels based on 1000 duels a day
    It would take months to compile that much data and make any sense of it, so why hasn't the cool down been reset to 24hr/72hr?

5. Zulus

Zulus Reservist

Main Server:
    That's a very good point that Iceman has re-raised. I would also like to know when do you plan to go back to 24h /72h cooldown period.

As I understoond it, the 8h / 24h cooldown was a temporary measure, so how much longer will it be temporary?

6. DocS

DocS Reservist

I would also like to know when do you plan to go back to 24h /72h cooldown period.
    Thanks, DocS

7. Angel Elite

Angel Elite Private

Main Server:
    Change back

Why you still don't get to manage to change the k.o timer back

8. Jacob Greathouse

Jacob Greathouse Private

This is the experiment world. New sets are coming out now, and probably again at Christmas. Why change it back?

9. PaPa PoPCoRN

Agreed.

10. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    I'm a bit perplexed as to what new sets have to do with the cool down timer
    I would assume that it suits you to have a 5 minute duel time, as it helps you to jack up your record of thousands and thousands of duels
    FYI: I never asked for the 5 minute duel time to be reset, I only asked for the cool down time to be reset from 8/24 to 24/72

11. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

I guess it's still not safe to come out of vacation mode yet...

And yes, for the record, I've done some experimenting with duels....

Firstly, I went with 100% dodge to see if that made any difference. With around 750 dodge I was still hit every single round.

I then went 100% Melee resistance with all attributes in strength and all skills in toughness - the top dueller [can't remember the name without logging in] is a melee dueller - this made a slight difference and instead of being KO'd in one duel, I was KO'd in 2 duels.

Then, all attributes in strength - for HP and toughness - then skills put in reflex and toughness until I had an even distribution of both skills. Again, not a lot of difference and I was KO'd in 1 round again [over 3.5k hp]!

Conclusions :
    1. Dodge is useless.
    2. Resistance is way under powered.
    3. 'Special' duelling sets are way OVER powered.

I guess this is deliberately done to ensure that nugget spend is maximised!

Finally, why does the duelling level never go down? I've been duelling level 450 for a couple of years now and have LOST around 500 duels since the formula was put in place to lose duel points when you lose a duel and I'm STILL at level 450 - doesn't make sense and makes me a very easy target for the other level 450's that have spent enormous amounts of nuggets getting the special duel sets, then getting them again to enhance them!!

So, as Iceman has asked, when will this 'temporary' change be changed back to what it was - or I suppose the real question is, will it ever?

12. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    Since no one wants to answer, it doesn't seem likely. They must have to spend all their time and resources on the next tombola.

I stopped playing here for now too, same reasons.

13. PaPa PoPCoRN

It has been answered on several different threads and to paraphrase the response, when they are satisfied with testing the new duelling formula, I'm not sure what the fuss is about, it's a test server and testing is being performed, if you don't like the testing aspect of the beta server there are regulars worlds to participate in which you may find to your liking or perhaps not since regular worlds are generally more difficult to compete in which I believe is the reason why a few are complaining, they want all the benefits of beta discounts without the testing aspect :/

14. Pavel18345

Pavel18345 Private

Main Server:
    CZ
    Duels now only 5 minutes?

15. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

Nobody is complaining about the testing.

People are complaining that this particular test is completely undefined and appears to have no set parameters.

The silence with regards to how long the 'test' will go on for is deafening. As has already been pointed out, there must be enough data collected already to keep a team of analysts busy for the next 12 months. An indication of when the testing is likely to be concluded is all anyone is asking for.

16. PaPa PoPCoRN

This is a screen shot from the changelog that appeared yesterday http://prntscr.com/97ggce . Obviously some positive results have yielded from the "undefined" and "parameterless" testing.

17. Rastlos

Rastlos Private First Class

Well, checking the given link to the devblog I saw that the last entry about duelling changes was made in August. Seems that there were made no more changes up to now ;)

18. PaPa PoPCoRN

Surely you can't expect running commentary on every tweak that is made during a testing phase and with every tweak comes further testing, kudos to the team who have been working on the dueling formula.

19. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

Would that be the changelog that can only be viewed if you log in to the game?

If so, then how do you expect the people who have initiated vacation mode to read it?

Perhaps a little announcement wouldn't go amiss? Maybe to say something along the lines of 'we're still testing and expect this to last for another 'x' amount of weeks'.

Surely this is not beyond the remit or indeed the capabilities of the community manager?

20. The-Iceman

Main Server:
    Don't hold your breath, as I have been asking the question for over a month now without a response
    More and more players have quit or are quitting due to The Community Managers failure to provide an answer, as to when they intend to reset the duel cooldown to 24/72
    Also there are more townless players now than ever before, due to the 8/24 duel cooldown
    Non duelers are sick of being punching bags for duelers that are exploiting the 5 min duels and the 8/24 cooldown
    I have 8 members out of town right now until it is reset
    InnoGames are catering to the 15% who live to duel, while ignoring the 85% that are not interested in dueling and are being subject to being KO'd every 24 hours, or are forced to leave town to avoid being trashed
    Does it make any sense to cater to a minority that are just ruining the game for the majority that don't want to duel?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.