1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Duelling Changes Part II Feedback

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by Diggo11, Aug 3, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xShteff

xShteff Master Sergeant Former Team Member

Whenever we are sure that the current formula is the most efficient one for the game. Unless you provide some constructive feedback and/or duel other people you can't do anything to hurry the process. Let's not forget that this is a testing server and at the moment we're testing the current dueling formula and in order to speed up the process we require a smaller duel protection time.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  2. Ahram

Ahram Private First Class

MisterGadilf, to avoid getting bullied on a daily basis, you could spend 20 bonds on a respec potion, leave town until this data-collection is over, maybe doing some trading.

Can recommend that to everyone that don't like being a target for duelers. The free life on the prairie is actually nice, and you don't have to worry about bullies trying to steal your money constantly, and when you need to deposit large amounts to the bank, lots of town are on the blackboard, so you can just travel to one of those, enter town, deposit money (and if needed set some lvl 5 hotel-time), and then leave town again :up:

3. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

I think you have completely missed the point of being 100% construction!

4. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

Please explain how I can provide any constructive feedback?

As previously mentioned, I am 100% construction. I have no duel skills - apart from a little toughness!

Besides, without knowing the formula for duelling, how the hell am I supposed to know what to look for anyway!

Suggestion : for all those with construction or other 'pure' builds, why not put the protection back for those people? After all, what useful information are you going to gather by those people being slaughtered?

If you can assure me that you are gathering useful information when people with duelling skills duel people without duelling skills then I'll keep schtum!

Surely, the best way to gather information about duelling is to get people with duelling skills to duel each other? By taking out the 'pure' builds from the equation won't you increase the chances of this happening?

5. poprocker

poprocker Private First Class

I've already been a pure construction player and you have nice jobs giving a lot of experience especially for worker characters ;)

as far as testing the new duelling formula is concerned :

1) I still think that people should be allowed to duel players who have a similar build instead of duelling lvl x or / by 1.4 like :

total amount of duel skills given by the build x or / by a number (1.4 or another)

that would prevent somebody with 1800 duel skills (calculated by the tw cloth calc) to duel someone with only 500 skills and demolish him/her badly (which would be a duel without honor)

2) we all on beta servers should build for duels and duel each other at will all the time. That would give a great feedback and numerous statistics to InnoGames.
    After all reskilling only costs 20 bonds here :D

6. Ahram

No, I have not, which is why I suggested spending 20 bonds on a respec. ;) I have one myself on other servers. On beta, being in a town is just not an option anymore, unless you duel :blink:

And for the dueling, first thing they should do, is remove the experience loss. Not much useful data gathered from losers dueling to lose :whistle:

7. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Shteff and Ahram are right. Noone is forced to test a particular build at any one time (can't cry poor at 20 bonds), so I strongly suggest you pick a duelling one because it'll stay that way until we decide on a formula to release ;)

The current one is looking promising, though.

Since the stance bonuses to dodging were higher before, I'm surprised you've never come across 0-0 before duelling regularly. It's not unprecedented.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  8. xShteff

You set up some dueling builds and you tell us what did you notice about the current dueling system.
    It could sound something like "I like it because <arguments>" or "I don't like it because <arguments>, here's how you can improve it: <arguments>"
    If you're coming here just to say "it sucks" or "make it stop as I'm doing something totally different" you're not really helpful, and you can keep your opinion for yourself.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  9. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

And yet there is no incentive whatsoever for me to do that!

Give me an incentive and I will give my time....

10. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    20 bonds to reskill, 5 minute duels and short KO times are enough incentive for me, If you're not bothered about duels, that's fine.

11. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

Agreed, 20 bonds to re-skill is cheap.

However, where is my incentive to set up a duel against someone who has spent the last 12 months collecting the duelling sets and then collecting more of them in order to upgrade them?

It is a total mismatch and the result will be meaningless.

Unless of course the incentive is to re-skill and then duel players with no duelling skills at all - which will be a total mismatch and the result will be meaningless...

12. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Not everyone in real servers have all the latest duelling sets and you wouldn't be the only one who respecced just recently.

13. cl4udioo2

cl4udioo2 Private First Class

Toughen up, princess. If you're afraid of getting your poop pushed in in duels just say so.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  14. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Private First Class

Main Server:
    I've been wanting to say something regarding all of that "20 bonds" and "incentive" drama... but that above, I must say.. just sums it up. It maybe harsh, insulting, or whatever blah blah blah, but that's just what needs to be said. So true.

15. MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf Private

I would gladly have spent the 40 bonds to re-skill to 'push your poop' in a duel following your comment but sadly it looks like that is not a possibility with your incredibly poor duelling level of 80....

16. h4v4n4

h4v4n4 Reservist

[report=77693119854a664c20]Duel: Heinblaubaer vs. h4v4n4[/report]
    my skill : 7O6 dodging, 221 aim, 441+(220 bonus) tactic
    he wore full pinter
    I think charisma is not overpowered a it should have more influence like in first duel. system.

17. poprocker

poprocker Private First Class

dodging is a random skill : you can have a lot of aiming dodging tactics or appearance if you have no toughness or no reflex you'll be badly injured if you're hit ^^

that's why toughness + reflex builds are still the most secure builds for duels unfortunately

18. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    Temporary Dueling Change

Can you tell me when is this temporary change is going to end please?

19. xShteff

Here's your answer:

20. Ahram

Remember your own advise Xshteff. We want useful and constructive answers, not useless comments. :mad:

This is a test server, yes, but to test something properly, we need proper information. Which we haven't gotten. Treating the players this way is only good for one thing, getting even more people to leave the game (which of course could be the hidden agenda).

And why even test duels? Dueling was effectively killed when the "Duel To Lose"-phase started. Remove that, wait until the event is finished, and try again, any data collected while people duel to lose would be considered corrupt data, as they don't duel to win. :hmpf:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.