1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Duelling Changes Part II Feedback

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by Diggo11, Aug 3, 2015.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catalin1994

catalin1994 Private

Main Server:
    RO
    Yesterday I made five duels. 4 of 5 were without honor ...
    Maybe that range a difference of points should be higher. ( an example : aiming + dodging + appearence + tactics + reflex + thougness > 400 or 600 then +1 point for duel with hounor ....
    I would must give duels Kyle and deti ,that have points more than me , because these duels to be with honor .....

agree with you . for more duels need to seach in each town.... i dont like this ...
    just look for each player to duel city, better give up the duel and go to work.

2. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    30 or even 60 days would probably be fine too, given non-duellers are called that for a reason.

What's the point? Non-duellers don't use the duel menu anyway...

3. zweig

zweig Guest

how about some realistic comparison? for example, resistance vs. blue/shooter:
    400 aim/close to 0 dodge for the resistance dude and about 300/300 for the blue one, how will it end up in honour points? the difference here would be 200 points (or 50%) from skill point view, but from their player/skill level they could even be equal.
    where is the line? 10% difference in skill points? 20%?

if you just compare aim/dodge resistance skills would be handicapped all the way.

let me take a quick guess, the golden mid results in 37,5% for the secondary skill. everything else would be too complicated for innogames^^

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  4. poprocker

poprocker Private First Class

I've tested a gunner with 600 dodging full doolin set with a lot of tactics and appearance : badly hit even on dodged points (in green in tactics tab) with low HP and no toughness nor reflex at all

this character can't compete with a full strength and 300 toughness 300 reflex duellist in cullen set who can lower damage taken very well with a nice amount of HP

Are those 2 duellist characters gonna be more balanced with more importance of charisma ?

5. Angel Elite

Angel Elite Private

Main Server:
    What i miss is a message that says you if you are hidden or shown on the duels menu

6. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Private First Class

Main Server:
    Exactly, 7 days is just way too low. 60 or maybe 75 days is what it should be. Being hidden from the duel tab is a lot of advantage to the "non-duellers". And it's gotta take more than 7 days to gain that advantage. (Dare I say unfair advantage...). With this 7-day thing in effect in beta, I wouldn't be surprised if they find less than 4 people to duel, which is just horrible.

And honestly, finding people from the town saloon's and selected profiles makes it a dueler's life very hard.

What happens if a town's mortician's honour is in the negatives, btw?

7. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    Absolutely nothing at present.

8. Chief Gall

Chief Gall Private First Class Elite Tester

How about adding honour points as a factor to town ranking points?

Honour points are pretty useless if they just show in the mortician how mean the city is.
    No one would care about that because is influences nothing. It is just a number.

Being a factor for duel points would make it a challenge for the town if they care for town points and I know that this is a reason too, why players duel with low motivation. Might not be the main reason but it is one.

The 7 days until invisivibilty in duel menu could be 30 days, I would not care about that point much.
    Go hunting or searching for opponents means, more duels in the center of the map.

All in all these points are much better than Innogames first try. But it is still more complicated than it has to be to find a good solution.
    At the end you need to read an encyclopedia for all rules if you just want to duel.

9. fafer

fafer Guest

I'm waiting for someone to make script that will show those "non-duelers" in duel menu anyway :p

10. Colt Hammer

Colt Hammer Reservist

Main Server:
    So I duel a dueler of the same player level and their dueling level is higher than mine, I did a dishonorable duel? Ahh based on their skills, which I cannot see, got it.
    So if I want to guarantee an honorable duel. Lets say my level is 107 player-130 duel, I should duel player level 130's or above, sheez I'm gonna lose alot.
    If we keep bounties on folks they will always show in the sheriff, too easy.

I have an easy fix, bring back job KO's...

There are far too many non-duelers commenting on dueling and of course they don't like being dueled. Let them have their job KO's back.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  11. Angel Elite

Angel Elite Private

Main Server:
    Well that will be not legal and you get probaly a ban for it

a script may not be game changing and that script will be game changing
    (this i know from my old dutch server)

12. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

This seems like a good compromise that would result in players remaining duel-able as opposed to less targets due to so many getting KO'ed on purpose to avoid duels. however if its 30 days, then what's the point in changing it at all? The game is not the same as it was 4 years plus ago. Further many feel, why should dueling be the only aspect of the game that players are forced to partake in? No one can pull you into an adventure or FF to take your cash, energy, ko, etc... Many left over dueling changes, many left over the removal of job ko's, so this seems like a compromise. They can still be dueled just have to find them. odds are you already have a good idea of many players in your level you can duel anyway, so keep tabs on them

13. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

the problem with this is due to the fact that many non duelers duel once every 3 days for a KO to avoid being easy targets in duels. So in order to be removed from the list they would be easy targets for 2-3 months, which odds are none of them would do, so why change it at all. Seems pointless. leave it as is since they can already go townless and avoid all

14. smiggy28

smiggy28 Reservist

so has anyone got a link to farmville? it seems that game is more dangerous then The West now!

why dont you just reset Duel Level's and get rid of Duel Motivation?

15. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

+1 from me, In favor of the new dueling changes, will comment further once I return from vacation in a few days.

16. Diggo11

Main Server:
    EN
    They're welcome to try, but for distance filtering/sorting it wouldn't be very practical.

Seems like a one-off problem of less concern than the tombola problem.

17. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

I had a few duels last night, 6 in total, all my targets were selected from the duel window and I went so far as to select 6 targets with dueling attire on (Doolins, Cullens), some targets had more XP level, some less, some had more DL and some less, in total I received 1 honorable duel and 5 dishonorable duels, generally in favor of the honor system though the stipulation or criteria may need some adjustment.

Also had a brief discussion about the new dueling changes with some on my town members on Arizona, the general consensus was very little fuss with the 10% min motivation, no issues with the honor system, the main concern amongst the duelers was the 7 day visibility window and some small concerns with the new dueling formula especially among the melee duelers though I suspect that's a storm in a tea cup and will just require some time for some minor adjustments on their behalf, the big one among the small contingent of town members on Arizona is the 7 day visibility window.

18. PRANCINGPURPLEPONY

PRANCINGPURPLEPONY Reservist

Main Server:
    EN
    I don't duel, so the only part of the changes that have any interest to me is the time not shown in the dueling window. I like that part, although I wouldn't mind if it was longer. ;) Since I went townless on several of the worlds I play it might change things enough that I would consider joining a town again.

I'd be more interested in dueling if it didn't take so long. Sitting staring at the screen waiting for the time to be up bores me. I don't do adventures or much Fort fighting for the same reason, great big black holes of time sucking away.

19. Colt Hammer

Colt Hammer Reservist

Main Server:
    The best action towards any recommended "improvements" would be to understand the problem.
    Whats the problem?
    My assumptions,

I'll venture to guess it's the amount of complaints that InnoGames has to deal with regarding the subject of dueling. If it's so bad, get rid of dueling all together.

Changing the melee dueler values, favoring the Fort Fighters. Real melee duelers are already strong, now we all have to be FF'ers or melee duelers? Again, Appears to be pandering to the complainers and favoring the FF'ers.

Ya know there are other revenue gaining options that might be explored.

Your efforts are discriminatory based on a certain level, why?
    Because there are options to keep from being dueled already available.
    I had a $140,000 bounty on me in Enewetak for months, had folks begging me to let them take it, but I stayed on KO, was job KO at that time. I finally got tired of all of the tele's and gave it up. Am I the only one who can figure out how to keep from being dueled, no.

Buffs, UP Shop.
    Hey try inventing a UP Shop buff that will help folks better survive duels, like
    +? dodging/+? tactics, applies only to defense, and when any other duel buff is used, voids out that buff. Revenue generator and mostly applies to defensive duel's.

I'll not comment on the "improvements" anymore, because they seem to be designed to be for the purpose of reducing the amount of complaints and therefore discriminatory towards those who select the game choice of dueling. Assumption yes, then whats the problem?

Duel level,
    This should be used for ranking only and I don't care about being #1.
    Keep the dueling at + or - 5 up or down player level. Getting dueled, too easy level up. This could also be used as a revenue generator if a little imagination is applied.

There are folks who choose their gaming goals as,
    Dueling
    Fort Fighter
    Adventurer
    Working/Questing
    Marketing
    Crafting
    maybe NPC's should add to the dueling level, bet they would go 0 motivation also. NPC KO's should give Duel protection, as well as bringing back Job KO's.

So it appears dueling is part of the game.
    Pander to the complaints and give them options, or just get rid of dueling which would reduce the complaints.

Again, whats the problem, all I have is assumptions.
    Making recommendations and changes to a unknown problem and requesting feed back on fixing an unknown problem?

20. Colt Hammer

Colt Hammer Reservist

Main Server:
    So, since I play this game and duel, here seems to be the common question regarding 0 motivation dueling,

These 0 motivation duelers continually duel me and get $0 and 0 duel xp and 0 player xp.

The fix is simple in regards to these complaints,
    When items are gathered through jobs, make them available to being dueled until the town is reached and they are deposited into the players inventory. See the 0 motivation duelers will get something, argument null and void.

Give them what they are asking for, 0 motivation duelers won't be getting nothing.

I'll assume that since my question as to what is the problem is wasn't answered, that my assumption as to the complaints was correct.

Love being given the chance to apply logic via assumptions. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.