1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Duelling Changes Feedback

Discussion in 'Versions 2.17 - 2.19' started by Diggo11, Jan 7, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
  2. Meliodas

Meliodas Guest

A quick thank you and finally :)

Just one question, will capping the duelling level also mean that the duelexperience will be capped as soon as you reach lvl 450?

3. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    Nope :)

Duel level and exp are essentially independent of one another now. Your duel exp in the rankings will not be affected by the level cap or losing duels.

4. Meliodas

Meliodas Guest

That's great :) No issues in the duel ranking then :D
    Can't wait to test this out :)

5. totalblack

totalblack Guest

I think all those things are good for the game and good for the duellers and the rest but I only have 1 thing where I have my doubts on. We get a max on the experiancepoints you can get on a single duel because your opponment can't get over the duellevel of 450, you can't get more experience beating them, you only get less when you're leveling up and it will get less rendable for the ones who are duelling people above the lvl of 600 right now.

6. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

The changes look good.

One question ... Duel XP can be lost under the proposed changes, will it then be possible to drop level as well?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  7. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Yes, your duelling level can go down.

8. Nisa

Nisa Guest

Great news ! I am planning to focus more on dueling part of the game and looking forward to these changes. All changes looks good but biggest thanks for removing Job KO as a dueling protection.

9. Chief Gall

Chief Gall Private First Class Elite Tester

If we loose job ko protection, we should also loose zero mots.

Raising mot up to a minimum of 1% is not enough, it should be raised to 10-20% minimum.
    A lot of zero mot duel zero mot for the reason of having more targets, they will have a lot of targets in future even if they would have DL 450.
    So there is no reason to let them beat victims KO every 48h.

Another issue are players with a high DL, that do not duel anymore for a long time because they changed skill.
    They will be raided every 48h. Yes, their DL will decrease but if they get KOed after 1-2 duels, it decreases far too slow.

The only advantage of an exp-dueller is exp, but if they want to quit duelling and try to do something else they will get their ass kicked for the next years.
    Zero mots have no disadvantage except they do not get what they do not want: exp. If you count that.
    If they quit duelling there will be only a few opponents until they have their character level again.
    Seems to be unfair.

10. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    It looks like you're against the numbers rather than the principles. I think this is the best update we've had in years, but I tend to agree with you about the minimum motivation. As for exp loss, I hadn't thought of it as a major problem but I can see where you're coming from with that as well. There's always the option of intentionally losing a bunch of duels, but it would be impractical to do that all the way down from 450.

I assume the numbers will be subject to change. This is what we have a Beta server for, to get these details ironed out before releasing new features on the live worlds. It's good to see that the initial reaction is positive, as I believe that this is the beginning of the turnaround that will breathe new life into the duelling aspect of the game.

11. HALCON DE ORO

HALCON DE ORO Private First Class

Main Server:
    ES
    I believe that to be duelist 0% motivation of duel, even if you have 1% can be, would be more convenient to upload a 10% or 15%

12. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    Agreed

My worlds where I play non-duel characters will likely go on permanent vacation mode, I'm sure I won't be the only one. It's either that or be forced to re-spec to a dueler to avoid getting my ass handed to me.

Another InnoGames nail in the coffin.

How much do we want to bet on a forthcoming premium feature - duel avoidance through the payment of nuggets...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  13. Musagete

Musagete Reservist

It's always pleasant to see the developers listening to the players' comments/complaints/suggestions.

I'm not very pleased with the removal of the 48h protection because I abused it tons over the past 2 years, but I do have to say it's only fair.

Let's hope that this update will work out for the low level ZMD duellers, which I personally believe they have a reason to keep their duelling motivation low.

14. HALCON DE ORO

HALCON DE ORO Private First Class

Main Server:
    ES
    skip town and in that world feisty nomadic or even merchant

15. fafer

fafer Guest

Very very interesting! It has its ups and downs but breaking status quo is always interesting :D

So only way to get 48h duel protection is by getting KOed in duel, right?
    That could generate lot of lost duels on purpose, how will be that handled by support? Any danger of bans (if duel is not prearranged)?

Also, i haven't tried yet Indian rite necklace. After duel KO, having that necklace gets your energy and hp to max, but do you get 48h duel protection then? And also, a bit non-related to subject, are current queued jobs cancelled or not in case of duel KO with necklace in inventory?

It will be also interesting to see if more players decide to reskill to duelers or just leave towns or just suffer.

16. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Private First Class

Main Server:
    These changes will bring back a lot of duelers, and dueling will be back alive in the game. That's good :)

But when I think of the FFers, it comes to my mind that they will get dueled day in and day out unless they KO themselves by dueling with low hp purposely. Sure, all should be subjected to be dueled. But since you can FF without being in a town, this feature will be well abused, also Fort-fighting towns and alliances will receive a bad blow. Most FFers would go townless, bad for FF-ing.. and bad for the chat community. I'd like to see as these dueling changes pop up.. FF-ing without being in a town should be removed too. Problem solved.

17. gln1904

gln1904 Reservist

TYVM InnoGames for these latest and greatest changes. You just made a bunch of folks who paid tons of nuggets to think about quitting/leaving a permanent vacation mode, due to the removal of job KO. A not so intelligent move IMHO and one that must be removed.

Or if you wanna persist with it, then remove all the other aspects of the game such as Building, Fort Fighting, Jobbing etc and make dueling the only thing that's possible inside the game. Pleasing the duelers in game doesn't mean you've to mess up everything for the other classes.

Note: I'm part of a all-duelers town in El Dorado and we love dueling a lot. Having said that, we still hate this move, as it doesn't give a level playing field.

18. bogdy...

bogdy... Reservist

Main Server:
    Really ? No more K0 from jobs ? and Npc duels same rezult no K0....

19. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Private First Class

Main Server:
    I do not know how long have you been playing this game, but this job Ko thing was only here for 2 years or so. The game started with no JOB KO protection, and it lived well during those times. That was for a period of 4 years.

20. Bluep

Bluep Guest

• Duelling levels will be capped at four hundred and fifty.
      => :up:

• Losing a duel will deduct a third of the duel experience you would have gained for winning.
      ...It will also ensure non-duellers retain a duel level around their character level.

=> if it works that way, fine. But can't that get abused too..? I duel 100 victims at 1% mot, get only a few exp therefore; then I duel the highest possible target, attacking "accidentially" with Figaro's knife (losing ofc) and baaaam I'm back where I started @DL

• Active characters with no duel initiated in the past forty five days will lose 1% of their current duel experience each week.
      Once a week, characters who have not had a duel as challenger in the past 45 days (30 on beta) will lose 1% of their duel experience, provided they are still active....

=> -> as Stewue already mentioned [in a chat]: From time to time you'll have to duel others for a quest.. and not only the dueler quest line. So the 45/30 days are far too long imho. 2 weeks come to my mind..
      And 1% per week sounds like an awfully low rate (if you're not a dueler but have a couple of won defenses; if you're a dueler it might be quite high, but on the other hand: IF you're a dueler AND active, you'll never fall into that reduction mechanism)

• Duel motivation will never fall below 1%. & Job knockouts will no longer afford duel protection.
      ...Over a period of years, this will gradually raise the duel level of zero motivation duellers on older worlds.

=> ... no big difference between zero and 1% - as you've mentioned, it'll take years. Please remove job KOs only after those years have passed then...

Sadly my idea posted about three times over the years still finds no attention in Hamburg:
    • From 100% to 50% motivation - business as usual.
    • From 50% downwards, multiply the *attacking* value (after all skill/ bonus calculations and addition of the random value, so the final value that gets compared to the victim's defense value) with 2*motivation.
    this way they'll tend to lose more and more duels the lower the motivation gets; since the "bad" ZMDs do it for easy wins they're simply eliminated.
    And the "good" ZMDs who only want to retain a variety of targets should barely fall below 50% since they're out for serious business - the DL cap at 450 is a good way to keep them together.