• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Dueling Update

craka007

Reservist
Reasoning:

I was talking with a few people in saloon about duelling, we brought up the issues with high duel levels reduce the amount of targets to the point you may not even have a single duel page in some worlds, how duel motivation below 50% hides targets even at lower levels. On the other side of things low motivation duellers bully workers to keep their motivation low and there is no real way of avoiding this that doesn't take lots of time or buffs.
Darthmaul from .net had this idea:

Proposal:

Duel level is purely bragging rights and there is no duel motivation, XP from duels has a soft cap to avoid abuse.

There is a server wide bonus to XP, Money, Luck & Product drop chance (must be high enough to actually be worth it but also not so high worlds with few duellers can abuse for free (50-100%?)).

If you want to duel / be duelled or want the bonuses, you must activate a mode that removes any form of protection and you get this bonus.

If you don't want to be duelled, you opt out and don't get this bonus (but it's the same as it is now so no real penalty).

Being KO'd functions the same except there's no 72 hour protection, you are forced out of the mode for 24 hours.

There should also be a cooldown for opting in and out (not sure how long this should be), as well as a cooldown if you have recently duelled someone (1hr).

Sleeping still functions as usual.

Summary / Thoughts:

A lot of the specifics can be argued over but I thought this was a good idea to centralise duellers & active players encouraging interactions and removing the worst parts of duelling like bullying the defenceless or having no one to duel. I also think it makes duel level mean more and would make unprotected farming or duelling quite fun whether you do short unprotected runs for the bonuses or you do it for the duelling (or both at the same time).

Let me know what you think this was just an idea I thought was worth throwing out there, I don't really know of any other ways of improving duelling and removing the negatives without it being wayyy too much work for InnoGames to even consider.

Deleted User - 117528

So complicated. Even simple things like reduce the price of the potion for duelling lvl reduction & make it more effective wasn't been able to implement......

DeletedUser500

So complicated. Even simple things like reduce the price of the potion for duelling lvl reduction & make it more effective wasn't been able to implement......
I never thought that reducing the magic potion cost would solve anything - it was a lazy fix to begin with - although I agree it's too expensive, but it's an indication of how little resources The West has to do anything.
Everything is committed to secret update that never even had a feasibility study, I guess.

I don't want opt-in duelling - I would prefer for one game world per server to have duels disabled, and PvE players are invited to play there instead - and then decrease the maximum duel level to 300.

Deleted User - 117528

I never thought that reducing the magic potion cost would solve anything - it was a lazy fix to begin with - although I agree it's too expensive, but it's an indication of how little resources The West has to do anything.
Everything is committed to secret update that never even had a feasibility study, I guess.

I don't want opt-in duelling - I would prefer for one game world per server to have duels disabled, and PvE players are invited to play there instead - and then decrease the maximum duel level to 300.
We gotta stay realist.

That potion would save everything with a little work from us, players. It wouldn't bother me to lower lvl duel from 400 in 150 in 2-3-4 months let's say. But now it's almost impossible to lower duelling lvl.

We talk really a lot about that and yet, nothing happen..

@Al35ul CM be our hero:up:

push that problem.

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
Being KO'd functions the same except there's no 72 hour protection, you are forced out of the mode for 24 hours.

so non duelers get shafted every 24 hours? thats a nice idea
thats why the other 48 hours has been put in, to protect the non duelers a little
that idea would only work if the ko can also be arranged by job ko

craka007

Reservist
Yeah guys i get what you are saying, but only new worlds have some duel fun for like... 4months? any other world have 10 active duelers due to the duel system.

The duel lvl is not good for dueling, i mean it was good when you could get 10k exp from a duel back when there was no duel lvl cap and you could lvlup in 10 duels... but now? theres no use for dueling lvl. i mea its sad that a player at lvl 450 now can only duel 2 people in the whole world....

Maybe duel lvl shouldnt be a restriction for dueling just a wagg of calculating exp... so if you are lvl600 and lose to a lvl150, you would loose so much dl you could even drop in ranking but if you win you get super low exp like 1-2... same if you are lvl150 and duel a lvl500 you get huge exp... idk just ideas.