• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

DUEL REDUCTION POTION NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Do you agree with the current cost and application of the Duel Reduction Buff

• Total voters

Rowdy Tcat

Reservist
Following up on the idea of improving the old sets (couldn't find the exact line so I am quoting this one :P), could you provide some examples of what sets you would like to see improved?

Well I was going through the sets of all the passed events from 2012- 2020 and I found myself saying well I like this and this, but what would others like though. So my personal opinion is you keep a retro set of each for retro collectors, Then I would do 4 more sets of each set of passed events all the way up to the 2021 sets into the 4 classes to fix the balance that the class bonuses causes. Just add the class name on each edition in the shop: Builder's edition. Dueler's edition, Adventurer's edition, Soldier's edition. Adjust the sets accordingly to what a class could use to make things balanced in all the game aspects to make up for the unbalancing the class bonuses cause. Then add them to the shop which will in turn get them on market as well. This way the balance issue and the lack of gear issue is all fixed at once. Plus some sets sold in town stores are being adjusted so this would really put a lot of options for players to buy different sets of gear. Making money for the game, making players happy with more gear options, and fixing the balance issues.

Now from a business aspect I realize working your way through all the sets would take time, especially doing the retro then the 4 classes of each set. However the more you have sitting in the shop, which will end up on market as well, is more money for InnoGames and more options for the players. So I would do so many each event while releasing like 2 more new sets that keep the balance you would be setting to achieve.

If you guys aren't going that route and want just specific names of sets that I personally like, then let me know its my personal choices for the examples and I can list the sets I find most appealing. I really like a lot of the sets and am sure many others do as well.

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Well I was going through the sets of all the passed events from 2012- 2020 and I found myself saying well I like this and this, but what would others like though. So my personal opinion is you keep a retro set of each for retro collectors, Then I would do 4 more sets of each set of passed events all the way up to the 2021 sets into the 4 classes to fix the balance that the class bonuses causes. Just add the class name on each edition in the shop: Builder's edition. Dueler's edition, Adventurer's edition, Soldier's edition. Adjust the sets accordingly to what a class could use to make things balanced in all the game aspects to make up for the unbalancing the class bonuses cause. Then add them to the shop which will in turn get them on market as well. This way the balance issue and the lack of gear issue is all fixed at once. Plus some sets sold in town stores are being adjusted so this would really put a lot of options for players to buy different sets of gear. Making money for the game, making players happy with more gear options, and fixing the balance issues.

Now from a business aspect I realize working your way through all the sets would take time, especially doing the retro then the 4 classes of each set. However the more you have sitting in the shop, which will end up on market as well, is more money for InnoGames and more options for the players. So I would do so many each event while releasing like 2 more new sets that keep the balance you would be setting to achieve.

If you guys aren't going that route and want just specific names of sets that I personally like, then let me know its my personal choices for the examples and I can list the sets I find most appealing. I really like a lot of the sets and am sure many others do as well.
Thank you for your feedback. If you have particular sets you would like to see improved then yes, please list them. It is unlikely that we can improve all of them, but I can pass on the ones suggested here. Please note that this does not mean they will get improved.

Rowdy Tcat

Reservist
Thank you for your feedback. If you have particular sets you would like to see improved then yes, please list them. It is unlikely that we can improve all of them, but I can pass on the ones suggested here. Please note that this does not mean they will get improved.

I think the different Indian tribes and Mexican sets are great ones. Also Docs, Freeman, John Wesley Hardin, Gordon, David C. McCanles, Henry Hooker, Joaquin Murrieta, Zapata, Martha J. Cannary, James B Hickok, are all nice sets.

So will they be balancing the class bonuses at least?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I think the different Indian tribes and Mexican sets are great ones. Also Docs, Freeman, John Wesley Hardin, Gordon, David C. McCanles, Henry Hooker, Joaquin Murrieta, Zapata, Martha J. Cannary, James B Hickok, are all nice sets.
Doc, Freeman and all of the sets of that time that do not scale with level will most likely be improved. However, it is unlikely that the rest of the sets you listed will be improved.
So will they be balancing the class bonuses at least?
This is on our list :).

Rowdy Tcat

Reservist
Doc, Freeman and all of the sets of that time that do not scale with level will most likely be improved. However, it is unlikely that the rest of the sets you listed will be improved.

This is on our list :).

Cool very exciting, can't wait. Will be begging for a class change though :D

Deleted User - 117052

The problem is, that this change is reasonable and would please majority of duellers. Same example is auctionability of First Aid Kit - most of battlers would appreciate it and that´s exactly the reason, why it will not happen.

Instead we have crap like this:
Bill Brocius' revolver improvements
Based on players' request, the vigor bonus was changed to shooting.

Who were those players? The "improvement" is totaly illogical (if the purpose of weapons is LP for undertaker) and the most of the players will never notice it. (Or personally I´m pleased that I have only knife instead...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
The problem is, that this change is reasonable and would please majority of duellers. Same example is auctionability of First Aid Kit - most of battlers would appreciate it and that´s exactly the reason, why it will not happen.

Instead we have crap like this:

Who were those players? The "improvement" is totaly illogical (if the purpose of weapons is LP for undertaker) and the most of the players will never notice it. (Or personally I´m pleased that I have only knife instead...)
Well you wont see an update on this one for a long time , if you didnt understand already they dont listen to the player base, , we asked for more resistance and a bit more def bonus on the tank set thats coming up and instead they added 5 resistance and attack bonus instead of def bonus + they increased the aiming for some reason and 5 items are useless , so dont take your hopes up ,

DeletedUser500

I'm sure they'll consider it at some point, right after they consider new fort formulas that we have been begging for for more than 40 days, or parity between all of the different PvP playstyles- again a lot more than 40 days, or that 9 in 10 game worlds are functionally dead yet no migration for more than 40 days. Believe it or not, there are even more pressing issues than slapping a wet plaster over the gaping wound that is duelling in this game.

Duel level reduction potion doesn't actually help us in my opinion, it actually just enables "trash duelling" or bullying non-duellers on new worlds - for those that can afford it.

The potion is not fit for purpose because it doesn't mitigate the underlying issues of not having any opponents to duel.

ps sorry mods for the not so subtle text size trolling.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
As already mentioned above, I have passed on the results of this thread and some changes may take place. Nothing is confirmed thus I cannot release any information. As soon as this changes, you will be the first to hear :).