1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Duel Protection

Discussion in 'Polling' started by Diggo11, May 13, 2013.

Share This Page

?

Should passing out on a job afford you duel protection?

Poll closed May 27, 2013.
  1. Yes

59.7%
  2. No

40.3%
  1. Fragohol1C

Fragohol1C Guest

I think there should be a pvp option. If you turn it on, you can duel, if you turn it off you cant. You should have to wait 48 hours between the turns.

This would solve this problem, when, workers, fort fighters etc dont want to be attacked by duellers.

2. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

worst idea ever. And no, I'm not a duelist at any world.

3. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    If the pure duelers already make a fuss about getting protection if anybody loses all HP on jobs... remember a few months ago they wanted that everyone could have been duel during the first 2 hours of sleep on the hotels "because everyone runs to the hotel and gets protected" and that getting into a fort battle should not give protection on the fort until the battle starts.
    Getting that one... would make them release a nuclear bomb onto the servers...

4. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

If you get knocked out in a duel then you get duel protection, simple as.
    There's no way someone should be afforded duel protection for getting ko'ed working when that has absolutely no affiliation to dueling.
    There completely unrelated aspects of the game and should have no bearing on each other

5. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

I think we should get protection when ko'd in a fort battle , just posting this to drop a nuke bomb on the other side .

6. melkon

melkon Guest

We reverted the change for now. Duel protection is gained after passing out at job again. The general issue & 0-duellers are still being discussed though.

7. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

That suck's and makes no sense, working and dueling are too completely different aspects of the game and should not have any baring on each other.I mean i can't steal a fort by dueling, i cant find a product/item by dueling, why should working give you duel protection???

dueling targets are scarce enough since so many players left after .20, now the rest get to hide behind protection :mad:

8. .Surge.

.Surge. Guest

it was like that five years that west existed...

9. Bluep

Bluep Guest

...which doesn't stop duelers from dueling people who are currently at a job, working, in working clothes.
    All duelists only duel people who stand in town, ready in front of the saloon, and only when they have equipped duel gear.

Yes, two completely different aspects ;)

@melkon: Thanks!
    (And as already mentioned above - I don't mind being dueled once in while. As soon as this zero Exp problem has vanished, it's ok to have the job KO protection removed again. I just don't want to be abused.)

10. HelenBack

HelenBack Private First Class

Main Server:
    What is the issue with zero mot dueling? There are pure fort fighters who only do forts... There are pure duelers who only duel... Why should they be punished for doing what they enjoy doing? It takes energy to keep their duel mot low... there are NO buffs to lower duel mot. There are TONS of buffs to help the fort fighters... You don't hear the zero mots complaining of having to waste energy keeping their duel mot low do ya?
    :whistle:

EDIT: BTW... Did you already mess with something? My duel mot is back up to 100% in both Betas... :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  11. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    Leave duelling alone please, go mess with quests or something :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  12. HelenBack

Main Server:
    Nooo... don't mess with quests... unless you make them easier. :D

13. lulumcnoob

Main Server:
    EN
    Meh, Quests are boring though :P

14. Bluep

Bluep Guest

You know perfectly well that duel mot was intended as punishment - well, at least as disadvantage.
    It was never intended to bypass the duel level system, which was invented to have roughly equal, exciting duels.

Those who do zero mot dueling don't do it because they enjoy dueling - they do it because they enjoy terrorizing those who are inferior beyond all hope. (Why else would you do this? No EXP, only a few $$ (much less than possible at a job for 6 energy))

15. HelenBack

Main Server:
    That's why they need to make them easier... For example, make it so we don't have to do 48 hours of Peace Negotiations... Cuz I really am not very peaceful by the end of it. :P

16. HelenBack

Main Server:
    Well, maybe some people like to be punished a lot... Why should we limit them and say they all have to be like everyone else?

Lumping all zero mot duelers into a "Terrorist" frame of mind is wrong... Not all of them do that. Some keep their duel mot low to help take down the tanks of the enemy alliance. Since fort fighters will generally have no dueling level increase, then who is left to take down the 14k tanks? A bunch of level 40s that can nibble away at all that HP? Tell ya what... Cap the HP in fort battles to say.... 6k HP? Then we'll discuss the issue with zero mot again.
    ;)

Some also keep their duel mot down to keep the higher zero mots from killing them daily... Some keep their duel mot down to have more peeps to duel. Others... yes... they prey on those who can't duel. But punishing everyone by taking away the chance of zero mot dueling is WRONG.
    :mad:

BTW... I play various types of characters in my worlds... I've played all aspects of the game... I've been a worker that got dueled frequently... I've been a fort fighter that got dueled on the way to battles... I am a zero mot that keeps my mot down to keep a larger pool of dueling targets and to duel the enemy alliance fort fighters. I duel ALL character types. I do not single out any particular character type... I just click "DUEL" on those within my range.

Adding in: If they were to enforce a Regular Level limit on dueling... so peeps can't duel others that are half their size... I'd be okay with that. I think that would help fix a lot of the issues that have come up. That would still allow level 120 zero mots to duel the level 120 HP Tanks.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  17. lulumcnoob

Main Server:
    EN
    0% Duelling is fun, what isn't fun is being level 50 getting attacked by level 120s.
    And now that duel protection is so easy to get (ridiculous job damage), if a fort fighter or a quester or a builder is not on duel protection, then it's their own damn fault and i'm going to duel them.

18. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    This is something that has been removed in the new version- not added. In version 2:03 it was possible to get 48 hours protection when KOed at a job. Not in version 2.04.

I have a hard time understanding why it is fun to attack players who cant defend them selves - so how I wish - that 0 mot duelling somehow is made impossible.

19. lulumcnoob

Main Server:
    EN
    Duel protection from job ko's is back in, thankfully, so now if you don't want to get duelled, go ko yourself, and leave 0% duelling as it is and let us have our fun with the slackers :p

20. The Morrigan

The Morrigan Guest

Why not just abolish the duel system all together? For example: a 120 can ONLY hit a 120 . FYI at the moment, in Alamogordo there is 645 lvl 120 ( that enough targets for those who say they have none or very little.) & whoever is the winner get a small fraction of exp which of course would go toward them lvl up.

Or another idea is placing a cap on duel lvl? You can ONLY hit 10 lvl below your actual lvl & 10 lvl higher than your actual lvl , & whoever is the winner get a small fraction of exp which of course would go toward them lvl up.

My two cents, Even though they don't mean a Dime :whistle: