1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Duel Protection

Discussion in 'Polling' started by Diggo11, May 13, 2013.

Share This Page

?

Should passing out on a job afford you duel protection?

Poll closed May 27, 2013.
  1. Yes

59.7%
  2. No

40.3%
  1. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Votes are PUBLIC, you can only select ONE option.

2. Jerom398

Jerom398 Guest

Do you mean that when you die at a job you got duel protection or that when you die at a job you don't get it?
    What's it normally?

3. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    Yes means you are protected, no means you are not. It was changed from yes to no in 2.04 to stop people deliberately passing out, thereby preventing others from claiming any bounties (or other general acts of revenge).

4. Bluep

Bluep Guest

Current situation (2.03): You get protection/forced duel break when you die at work.
    Planned future situation (2.04): You won't get it anymore.

Poll: Should it stay the old way (Yes option) or should you be able to immediately duel again, or vice versa can be dueled by others (as soon as you come out of your hotel, of course)

5. xDiego

xDiego Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Main Server:
    NL
    It's your own problem if you die at jobs. You know the risks. Especially with 2.04 you will die more often in jobs (because you dont have enough skills for the job)

People will die on purpose by doing those jobs, that's not good. If you want 48h duel protection, then you should do duels.

6. Gaensegeier

Gaensegeier Guest

this is one of the reason, so many people go for 0 ep duellists

cause if u got a duellist in top 50, ur oponents aren that many, that u will find one easy. so u cant duell

what u will do? u watch to get duellist, fpr 0 ep and duell all u can find easy on lowduelllvl

so withput killing urself the duellist, who realy wanna be duell for ep, can get more opponents, but InnoGames realy should du s.th. against all this 0 ep duellists

so i think, if u can die by jobs whenever u want, duellist player nr. 1 can go for 100% hp skill, and noone can attack him, cause hes all day dead

7. father jack

father jack Private First Class

Zero duellers use the job ko to protect their bounty also. Or so they can work in peace. To finish quests or what ever. I am a zero , I know and so are a few that voted yes ;)

8. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    I think that, yes, you should absolutely be given duel protection from job kos. I'm a dueller, but if i want to quest, I job ko. If i want to play forts for a few weeks too, I want to ko myself so that I don't get duelled 24/7 by the numerous acquaintances one makes in the west.

Say you are a pure fort fighter. The only alternatives to this is KOing yourself on another player, or sleeping between fort battles. The first is no different from a job ko (except you keep your bounty) and the second option pretty much makes the game unplayable.

If it's the bounty protection that worries InnoGames so much, then make it so that players lose their bounty when they get KO'd on a job, just like in a duel. That way the there's still the option for anyone to work in peace and the apparent problem of bounty protection is solved. Either that, or simply having a bounty equals no ko protection for you.

I do agree that it is annoying when there's a huge bounty that you can't get, but I disagree with taking this feature out of the game completely, at least without adding some sort of compromise. Also, leaving the town so as to not get duelled isn't an option for me, the reason i play the game is for the people who play it with me.

9. Waaay over exploited. Get rid of this exploit.

Duel protection was to prevent players from getting dueled over & over, thus giving up & quitting the game; nothing to do with jobs.

You want duel protection? Then duel & it shows up on your mortician also (another reason they use this job exploit).

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  10. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    100% agreed :up:

11. xDiego

xDiego Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Main Server:
    NL
    +1
    I totally agree

12. The Morrigan

The Morrigan Guest

1+ AGREE :up:

13. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    So someone who's paid for you to get duelled and KOed loses whatever money they spent into thin air because you went and KOed yourself on a job?

14. foscock

foscock Reservist

Not sure why they place bounties, but I imagine they are more interested in 2 days of peace.

15. futurama1001

Main Server:
    Not 100% sure what you're trying to say. If you're assuming that all bounties are placed on duellers by workers looking for peace, then I don't think it's very likely that a dueller is going to be looking to intentionally KO themselves, so that has no bearing on this decision. I can't see what else you may have meant. Non-duelling players often have bounties put on them for annoying other players in chat, the market or fort battles, or simply for no reason. They should have to deal with getting duelled for their bounty like anybody else.

16. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Just a small snippet: 90% of the bounties are placed by the own player. Most of them are defensive duelers that want to get free experience. Since 75% of the duelers in the world cannot take then down, they get free experience.

But that is not a problem... even the combined ko are 90% against the 2% of the people that die on jobs (remaining are the one that get really taked down on real duels).
    So not a big deal getting protection for getting killed on jobs... since, right now, people get killed by friends so they can get protection.

17. futurama1001

Main Server:
    Not sure where you get your numbers from, but I'm quite sure 90% is a rather generous estimate.

18. foscock

foscock Reservist

Ok I see your point...I was just thinking of people that wanted a dueler to leave them alone for 2 days - they probably wouldn't care much whether the 2 days of peace was from a job or from a duel. And I wasn't saying a dueler would intentionally ko on a job - far from it, duelers would not want 2 days of no-dueling. But yeah, the other reasons for bountying that you mentioned would demand a ko from a duel, not a job.

19. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    :D on the worlds where i play, when i see the Sheriff the 20 biggest bounties are made only on defensive duelers. When you get to see how much duels they made... they have 100 declared in 2800.
    Then the top 50 of duelers, most of them changed to fort fighters. They get taken out by friends ( i have 8 on my "shortlist") so nobody more can duel them for experience. They use the energy on jobs and when the 48h are getting over, they ask to get ko for getting the 8h sleep and next 2 they are free to do anything without any trouble. (and that is a helping point to let them continue on the tops)
    So, the value is, probably, below the average on the oldest worlds.
    On the newest worlds (with less than 2 years) it´s probably too much... since the dueling is now the easiest way to get to 120 in less than 3 months.

20. Far37

Far37 Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    NL
    I voted NO,

Because working and dueling are two separate things.
    When you're KO-ed while dueling you're not prohibited from working for 48 hours.

Also if working should give dueling protection, then so should a KO from a NPC.

And those who still want their 48 hours of peace can still 'force' a KO by starting a duel themselves.