• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Downgrading Obselete Items

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
If someone purchased a top of the line Car and 6 months later a new much more powerful version was introduced, you would sell the current one to allow you to raise cash towards buying the new one
You wouldn't abandon the current one, or sell it to a scrap yard (Insert Mobile Trader here)
That is exactly what InnoGames expects us to do
I would like the Devs to consider a policy of allowing players to downgrade obsolete Items
The cost to be decided by the Devs, by using Nuggets only to accomplish this, to give the Devs motivation to do it

Example
Downgrading an Item from Level 5 to Level 4 could cost 25 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 4 to Level 3 could cost 20 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 3 to Level 2 could cost 15 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 2 to Level 1 could cost 10 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 1 to Level 0 could cost 5 Nuggets

Total cost = 75 Nuggets per item, which would = 450 Nuggets for a Level 5 set, based on 6 items
I'm sure it would be worthwhile implementing this by the Developers

Bonds could be considered for Non Premium Players to make it fair

DeletedUser500

I like the idea, it's been a feature popularly requested for a while, but I've seen it shot down every time.

I guess cash and nuggets should be the payment options, the same as upgrading. But it is frustrating to have level 1-2 gears that could help a lot of smaller players, and not being able to do anything with them. Who knows, maybe this time ;)

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
If someone purchased a top of the line Car and 6 months later a new much more powerful version was introduced, you would sell the current one to allow you to raise cash towards buying the new one
You wouldn't abandon the current one, or sell it to a scrap yard (Insert Mobile Trader here)
That is exactly what InnoGames expects us to do
I would like the Devs to consider a policy of allowing players to downgrade obsolete Items
The cost to be decided by the Devs, by using Nuggets only to accomplish this, to give the Devs motivation to do it

Example
Downgrading an Item from Level 5 to Level 4 could cost 25 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 4 to Level 3 could cost 20 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 3 to Level 2 could cost 15 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 2 to Level 1 could cost 10 Nuggets
Downgrading an Item from Level 1 to Level 0 could cost 5 Nuggets

Total cost = 75 Nuggets per item, which would = 450 Nuggets for a Level 5 set, based on 6 items
I'm sure it would be worthwhile implementing this by the Developers

Bonds could be considered for Non Premium Players to make it fair

But in the same way, people can use water, flour, yeast and whatnot to make dough, and once the dough is made, you can't go back to the original ingredients ;)

#justsayin' #nohatepls :P

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

But in the same way, people can use water, flour, yeast and whatnot to make dough, and once the dough is made, you can't go back to the original ingredients ;)
Yeah there are downsides too. Upgrading is one of the few ways to take items out of the game, but that could be somewhat addressed by only returning 2/3 of the items used to upgrade, maybe?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Yeah there are downsides too. Upgrading is one of the few ways to take items out of the game, but that could be somewhat addressed by only returning 2/3 of the items used to upgrade, maybe?

Aye,that idea actually went through my head and the only downside to upgrading ,in my opinion,is that players won't be able to have their single,un-upgraded items back after that specific, upgraded item (i.e. doolin coat) ended up being out of fashion because of the implementation of better items (in this case Wesley-compared to doolin). But it seems to me that players are aware of the risk they're taking when upgrading their items; unless they've been living under Amahpiya Mountain all this time, people should be more than aware of the fact that InnoGames will always release better sets (i.e. Wesley) to replace the old ones (i.e. doolin), so upgrading is a short/long term risky benefit for players that many of them have taken.

P.S. I'm not necessarily against the idea, I do agree with your point,that of receiving 2/3 of the items back instead of all of the items that were used