• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Don't like the new travelling mercahnt

DeletedUser3549

The new version has amalgamated the shop and the travelling merchant and although the graphics look good, you can't see what you already have when using the latter.
One of the most useful features in the shops and the travelling merchant was the ability to see if you already own x item of clothing or whatever, without having to scroll through numerous screens to find out and maybe miss it...

I hoe it's an oversight, but please reinstate the ability to see owned items on the travelling merchant. i see it's still there on the town shops. At least for now

Thanks

Frank

DeletedUser3727

The new version has amalgamated the shop and the travelling merchant and although the graphics look good, you can't see what you already have when using the latter.
One of the most useful features in the shops and the travelling merchant was the ability to see if you already own x item of clothing or whatever, without having to scroll through numerous screens to find out and maybe miss it...

I hoe it's an oversight, but please reinstate the ability to see owned items on the travelling merchant. i see it's still there on the town shops. At least for now

Thanks

Frank
I agree 100%, please reinstate the former merchant

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
also agreed

And apart from the above, it's now more mouse clicks to get to travelling merchant, which is a step backwards

DeletedUser

Thanks

Frank

I also agree 100%!
I want the old merchant back, or in a similar way!

DeletedUser1406

That was a clothcalc feature.

DeletedUser3568

I agree 100%, please reinstate the former merchant ................

DeletedUser

Just because I buy anything I don't own out of the merchant I would love to see this feature coming back!Just by seeing the items already in inventory(x) message I could easily figure out whether I already had it or not.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member

That "Number in inventory" thing on the tooltip, not the new button. The former is from the game itself, while the latter is indeed from clothcalc.

I do have to agree though, I miss it.

DeletedUser

As leones said, the "number in inventory" thing is from the game itself - but it won't show (in previous versions) until you've opened your inventory once.
Since CC does that "inventory open" in background at startup to check if there's anything new, the tooltip in the trader always showed the "number in inventory" thingy, while without CC it didn't.

@topic: I miss that number, too.
And in general, I want the old trader back - it's not a premium thingy, the UPB Shop should contain items for bonds/nuggets only (you can have the permantent premium options like character/ automation/ etc there if you want...).
The wandering trader is just a merchant with his ox cart and a tiny sortiment - but otherwise, it's just a shop. You wouldn't put the town shop in that UPB shop too, would you?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3230

I also want the old trader back. And I would like a more basic design of the shop. I like that I don't get seasick any more when I open the shop, but still too much flashy graphic and too little functionality for me.
Maybe it is just me, in general I like to avoid a that nick nack: I like when things work, and are not slowed down by useless cosmetics.

DeletedUser2271

Well... it´s bad not showing the number in inventory but there is another thing that is really really bad:

When we are selling things to the trader, now it get the maximum number we have, when before it was always 1 and, if we wanted to sell more, we needed to raise it.
A few seconds ago i, almost, sold 4 things instead of just selling the one that is repeated. Luckly i saw the value... because the fast selling, i would sell all those shoes and i wanted only to sell 1.

The selling option should always be at the 1... if we have more and want to sell more, we need to raise the number and not moving it down.

DeletedUser

I also want the old trader back. And I would like a more basic design of the shop. I like that I don't get seasick any more when I open the shop, but still too much flashy graphic and too little functionality for me.
Maybe it is just me, in general I like to avoid a that nick nack: I like when things work, and are not slowed down by useless cosmetics.
I agree with everything in this post AND the new design is such a space waster. I mean, not eveyone is using 20"+ monitor with fullHD... it takes up a whole screen on normal 15.6" notebook
http://i.imgur.com/09m3Xgc.jpg

DeletedUser3549

Well, looks like it's a pretty one sided opinion about the new Travelling Salesman. Not a popular change. A case of the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it....".

Good point re not being part of the SHOP. Why did they put it there? Cynical mind at work tells me so that you are prompted to buy nuggets in more more way.

I did raise it as a possible bug, not sure they'll do anything about it though. Maybe if everyone else raises it as a bug also, they'll just get fed up and give in.....:whistle:

Not a good upgrade overall. Needs to be changed back.Sooner the better.

DeletedUser

... now the new shop is on the public worlds (at least on .de), despite all the complaints.
You didn't even readd the "x in inventory" in the popup...

Quite a bad change, so far I haven't found anyone who likes it.
Could someone official eventually explain the reason behind the change...? Perhaps there's a deeper sense which the ordinary player can't understand on a first glimpse...

n.b.: Just sold accidentially a full stack of belts because of the new default = max count.
Luckily, it's been a useless one, even a cheap one that I can find again for my collection.
But nonetheless, the new default is BAD.

DeletedUser3230

... now the new shop is on the public worlds (at least on .de), despite all the complaints.
You didn't even readd the "x in inventory" in the popup...

Quite a bad change, so far I haven't found anyone who likes it.
Could someone official eventually explain the reason behind the change...? Perhaps there's a deeper sense which the ordinary player can't understand on a first glimpse...

n.b.: Just sold accidentially a full stack of belts because of the new default = max count.
Luckily, it's been a useless one, even a cheap one that I can find again for my collection.
But nonetheless, the new default is BAD.

I have also sold all in a stack when I only wanted to sell the extra. I find it very slow and tedious.
I am afraid this is one of the things were it really does not matter if we hate it or not.
Same with the friends bare- case closed :eek:. No more comments wanted :confused:

DeletedUser

This merchant look like menu for game about My Litle Pony. OMG this is wild west no gome about pony

DeletedUser500

pony.png

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I received confirmation today that the tooltip should be returning, it was an oversight, but due to the issues you mentioned Bluep it will take a bit of rethinking so I cannot guarantee when. Setting the default sell amount back to one has also been authorised by our game designers, awaiting attention. Based on your feedback, we may also make some other modifications in the new year, but again it is too early to offer guarantees. The new style of the shop and the merging in of the mobile trader will not change. Although it is slightly disappointing a bit of mob mentality has crept back in, hard work is being done to align both internal and community objectives. Let's just make sure we don't scare away our frontend designers with abuse before that can happen ;)

DeletedUser

Just tell me one thing... why it has to be so big and space-wasting? why not make it the size of all the other windows?