1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Discussion: Job Durations

Discussion in 'Version 2.04' started by Diggo11, May 13, 2013.

Share This Page

?

Which system do you prefer?

Poll closed May 15, 2013.
  1. Two hours, fixed short time [#1]

12.7%
  2. One hour, fixed short time [#2]

21.9%
  3. Two hours, scaling short time [3-4]

57.4%
  4. One hour, scaling short time [3-4]

19.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kimba

kimba Private

Sorry, but no. I am not missing anything.
    I think I can speak for those who have a real life, those who work, studie, that have children to take care, people that have lunch and dinner (take a bath sometimes... :P)
    I talk about time management, to conciliate TW with a life.
    You reply is focused in the rewards...virtual rewards? heum... this is a game, havent' you noticed?
    In a average day, depending where you are, people work or studie 8h00 per day, follows other parts off they lives, some sports, go out wihit friends, etc. etc.

this 1h00 sistem, seems to be perfect for those who spend a life depending on a pc, tablet, other... its made for an elite that does nothing but staring to a screen most part off their lives, do I make myself clear?

I have nothing against them, just think that they are missing a great part off what life has to give them...

As I said, is question off time mannagement, if you dont' get it... :up:

greetings to you all

2. Maybe you're missing that there is no difference between work 4x 1h and 4x 2h if rewards are the same. No one forces you to connect at the end of the 4 hours and queue other jobs. You can always stay offline for eight hours and have exactly the same reward you had with 4x 2h jobs. Do you prefer to spend double time and energy points for the same reward? Well, maybe the other players don't agree...

3. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

starting with 100 energy at night

2h system

-(100 energy) Every night you que 3x2h and sleep 2h
    -(53 energy (28 left over +25 regen)) wake up que 2x2h and go to sleep
    -(100 energy) come home and que 1x2h while you play (or something else you got 28 energy to spend) keep 72 for the night.

tottal work reports 6 , more if you are lucky to level that day.

1h system.

-(100 energy) every night que 3x1h and sleep
    -(100 energy) Wake up que 3x1h and sleep
    -(100 energy) come home que 3x1h while you play (or something else you got 64 energy to spend) keep 36 energy for the night.

tottal work reports 9 , more if you are lucky to level that day.

Keep in mind that 2h or 1h would be the same reward.

*but hey if you want too shoot in youre own foot be my geust and chose the 2h option* :p

4. kimba

kimba Private

off course there is a difference, and a big one
    we're talking about a gap of 4h00

the more time I spend logged out, the more time I cannot give jobs to the char to do. If in a period of 8h00, I can only give 4h00 to do something, I am loosing xp and $$. So, shall I leave the char to sleep 2 times a day?

As I said earlier, it's a time mannagement that some off us have to do. 4h00 less, are 4h00 of doing nothing.

I'm open to sugestions, maybe I miss the point, maybe I need another perspective, but for now no-one has showed me that.

regardless what it may seems, I do have some time to play. I am thinking more widely, thinking in all players.

Just let's not take tha assumption that we are 100% right, and all the rest are wrong...

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  5. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    Perhaps it'll be easier to understand if I lay it out like this:

2 hour system:

1. Queue four jobs of 2 hours each.
    2. Go offline for the night.
    3. Your character works for eight hours, earns 800 exp, $800 and gets 8 product drops.

1 hour system:

1. Queue four jobs of 1 hour each.
    2. Go offline for the night.
    3. Your character works for four hours, earns 800 exp, $800 and gets 8 product drops. The four hours he spends sitting idle after completing his jobs is essentially the time he is spending doing extra work for no extra reward in the 2 hour system.

6. Uh and you didn't consider the motivation drop. With 1 hour jobs the reward is higher because the motivation doesn't drop as fast as with 2 hour jobs

7. Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete Guest

Also when you wake up the next morning you still have energy left over to que 2-3 hours more work and sleep while your at work so when you come home on the evening you have full energy to start working again

with the 2hour jobs you would have little to no energy left and would be forced to sleep and as such get less rewards on a daily basis

8. kimba

kimba Private

I rest my case.

9. torpedo3k

torpedo3k Private

the thing is: this version rocks. job times, jobs opened according to level and timeless crafting are super. Gaming is improved. In BR worlds I have seen no one complaining (again, for the first time in at least 2 years).

that's the spirit. Now I'm willing to see new craftings and new fort maps besides new joint adventures. Go InnoGames/ :up: