1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

Discussion: Job Durations

Discussion in 'Version 2.04' started by Diggo11, May 13, 2013.

Share This Page

?

Which system do you prefer?

Poll closed May 15, 2013.
  1. Two hours, fixed short time [#1]

12.7%
  2. One hour, fixed short time [#2]

21.9%
  3. Two hours, scaling short time [3-4]

57.4%
  4. One hour, scaling short time [3-4]

19.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bluep

Bluep Guest

Thanks for the statement! Then subtract one vote from option #3 ;)

2. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    So all along people just didn't realise that the one hour jobs would equal the two hour jobs (as they did in the change from classic to enhanced premium), and I wrote that huge rant for nothing!?

3. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    and more importantly, how many that voted option 3 would have voted option 4 with that knowledge.

RECOUNT for the rigged vote :mad:

4. futurama1001

futurama1001 Private First Class Wiki Contributor Former Team Member

Main Server:
    All of them, if I had my way :p

A revote won't be necessary, the results of the poll are not official and the opinions expressed here will be of more value.

5. Petee

Petee Sergeant Elite Tester

Somehow I've missed the vote, but anyway my preference is not even in the poll. I think it might not be entirely worthless to keep those 3 huge buttons with whatever times you want, but make it also possible to choose any working time the player might want, within the respectable boundaries (15 sec - 2 hours, maybe even as much as 6, rewards still going down with the length). And before you say that's not user friendly, I say who cares. Keep the quick buttons for those who are sparing clicks, but add some dug up slider for those who want flexibility. You see, 3 different working times is not much and people are gonna complain whatever 3 numbers you pick. So give them 3 default numbers so that they don't get confused and can be fast, but a practical infinity of times to shut up those who don't like your choice. Not many games offer that much flexibility in how the players manage their time, I think you can do it and should as well.

6. Jekyll

Jekyll Reservist

Main Server:
    RO

7. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    You were told that the droprates was not final - and this was about the length of the job only.

But it was not very easy to understand what was meant with option 3 and 4 - I had problems understanding it - maybe because my English is not god enough.
    I do believe though - that it is not only me - who has that problem.

I voted 2 - because I hate those 2 hour job, when I am on-line. One hour I can live with off line or on-line. But I do hope we get a short job time - with a better droprate. If not - we need the long job time to be only one hour.

8. gadeas

gadeas Guest

I think that I may be late, but if I could vote I would go for #3. By far the best choice from all of those.

9. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    I have extended it for one day.

10. zlatulinek

zlatulinek Reservist

As Petee wrote, the slider is the best solution. You will be able to choos whatever time you like, and the drops, exp and money will change as you slide the job durations. Easy, and will work for everyone.

And still, there can be some preset time duration, might be the ones that are now, and those will work as the shortcuts, so you do not need to open the job slider (the whole job menu) every time.

For example, you´ll find Picking berries job, if you click the shortcut, your work will last for 1min and 30 sec (can be as three different shortcauts with pre-set durations, as on beta servers now). If you want to change the job duration, you will open the job window, set the slider to any time between 15 sec to 2 hours and that is it.

Well, it is not clear how this is ment to be. InnoGames should clarify this. I prefer 2hour jobs and if the slider will be placed instead of three pre-set times, than if you choose 1 hour duration, your chance will be 50% less than 2 hour duration.

So I do not vote, there is no vote to choose, that i like.

11. veteranus

veteranus Private

normally ı choosed number 3 (better than nothing).

but +1 for slider thing. it would be a milestone for this game. please consider it too.

12. DE Pachino

DE Pachino Reservist

Option no 3 which was implemented before the update was awesome ......

13. killado

killado Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    PT
    Now it´s much better... but the 15seg still seems to be so fast...

14. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    This was the decision of our game designers, ashock and ilsatheshewolf.

15. s3b-1q

s3b-1q Guest

I agree with both, but it's still better than the one which won the vote and many of the other options :)

16. torinogranata

torinogranata Reservist

Main Server:
    IT
    No sense do a survey and do something different.
    Why??
    People was glad about 2 hours job.

17. Billy Blue

Billy Blue Reservist

Once again they don´t give a dam about our opinion...
    Thats why

18. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    not me - I was very close to going into vacation mode . I did not talk to anyone who was not bored.
    2 hour s is ok - when you are working- but not when you are online. So I say thank you very much for listening :up::)

I still dont get the 15 sek . It must be possible to get the 15 sek to work for lower levels only. - I just dont get why the rest of us need to have them,

19. torinogranata

torinogranata Reservist

Main Server:
    IT
    But i don't think that you having fun waiting 1 hour every job you do when you are online..
    Perhaps It was better keep 2 hours job durations and introduce 5 minutes job duration with more exp,$ and drop rate.
    In this way online player could grow fast and play actively, and play slow when you are not in.

20. Jerom398

Jerom398 Guest

NEW UPDATE: I noticed that the times has changed to 15s and 10m and 1h.
    Is also a 2h possible so you could be able to do jobs in the night?