1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

[Discussion] Fort Battle formula changes

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by Muf-Muf, Mar 3, 2016.

Share This Page

1. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN

This, it's called blocking, it's been around for a while.

2. Morphy

Morphy Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

I found another thing I really dislike at leadership. The main skill for attacking is hiding for now (or it should be). But is it really? Let's do a little math.
    For example 600 skills at hiding gives you a 46.4 point bonus. Sounds kinda nice, isn't it? Let's try that again with 600 leadership. That gives us a bonus of 33.7. And here is the catch. What happens if you are a premium soldier? (600*2) ^ 0,55 = 49,37. So in the new formula the main skills to prove you are an attacker or defender are totally ruined. So as a premium soldier you have a very huge advantage. It became worse with the new formula. Also leadership increases the damage you make. With 1200 skills to supply as a builder, duellist or adventurer, you get outranked by a soldier who only needs to use 600.

I would suggest to really alter the current formula. Leadership is annoying already in the old formule, but it's a gamekiller in the new one.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

It's only fair that Soldiers get extra LD bonuses since they don't get any HP bonus for fort fighting and dueling or extra tactics for dueling which can amount to over 150+ SP depending on level and gear.

4. Diggo11

Diggo11 The West Team Dev Team

Main Server:
    EN
    1. Premium soldiers get a 50% bonus, not 100%.
    2. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=maximum+of+y+=+(600-x)^0.6+++(1.5x)^0.55+between+x=0+and+600

5. Morphy

Morphy Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Right. I thought it was 50% standard. Maybe I shouldn't think that much :p

6. Franco8

Franco8 Reservist

using hiding instead of stamina and setting traps instead of hiding is ok.
    personally i like to see the "old formula" with this new change, there's no need to increase the importance of leadership and aiming/dodging. also increase the importance of aiming/dodging means that people skill for duels have more impact in fort battles, and again i can't understand why. if i'm skill for duels i can't be good in fort battles, instead if i'm skill for fort battles i can't be good in duels.

example:
    Leadership^0.5 + Aiming^0.4 + (hiding/setting traps)^0.6 + Multiplayer Attack + Sector Attack + Terrain Attack + Tower Class Bonus - Distance Penalty + 25
    Leadership^0.5 + Dodging^0.4 + (hiding/setting traps)^0.6 + Multiplayer Defence + Sector Defence + Terrain Defence + Tower Class Bonus + 10

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  7. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    I would actually like to see duel skills just straight up used for fort battles, would increase activity for both duellers and fort fighters if they can do more than one aspect of the game.

8. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

What do you do about HP? I think if this current formula that is being tested here on beta which incorporates Hiding and Setting Traps if introduced into regular worlds, you will see many split AP builds (Dexterity and Mobility) which is more favorable to dueling but still leaves many with allocating all/most of their SP to Health (apart from some Duelers maybe). If you use aim/dodge, toughness/reflex or shooting/vigor and still leave HP as HP, melee duelers will get an obvious advantage in fort fights as they hit 3 skills if all AP is on Strength.

9. Snr Sarg

Snr Sarg Lance Corporal

Main Server:
    I agree wholeheartedly :up: