1. Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
Login button here

[Discussion] Fort Battle formula changes

Discussion in 'Versions 2.28 - 2.39' started by Muf-Muf, Mar 3, 2016.

Share This Page

1. The-Iceman

The-Iceman Staff Sergeant

Main Server:
    I'm pretty sure a new FF set for defense is already being designed, so it can be available in the Easter Tombola
    You can bet your life every Fort Fighter will want it, but at what cost?
    It's just another incarnation, designed to generate mega money for InnoGames :lol:

PS: Easter Sunday is only 3 weeks away, so not very long to part with your Nuggets

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. cl4udioo2

cl4udioo2 Private First Class

Can the devs please say something regarding the sets? If they'll stay the same r if the stats are going to get changed.

Thanks.

3. Morphy

Morphy Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

Maybe I'm a bit cynical. But this is really bad. 265 attack value as a worker on a level 5 tower as full hiding. Also leadership is way too powerful now. I think that's a good thing that they want to give the attackers a lesser bonus, but this isn't the way to achieve it.

4. henry j.

henry j. Reservist

If you hate hp so mutch why look for so hard to make changes.
    Just swap shooting (or another dex skill) and life points so that life points is a dexterity skill.

For you duelers skill strength you will have both idc.

5. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Private First Class

Main Server:
    Also, with the recent changes in worker class bonuses for FF's, we should be given an opportunity to change classes. We never knew worker class can also come into consideration when it comes to fort-fighting when we chose our classes. :)

6. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    Class changing is pretty difficult to implement, so much is tied into your class quest-lines.

HP makes perfect sense for HP because it'e literally called HP. Wouldn't make any sense to me to calculate it using a different skill :p

7. Hobie

Hobie Private First Class

other than skill points, class questline items are useless, so do away with them if needed. players would much rather have the ability to switch even if it costs lots of bonds and nuggets to do so

8. cl4udioo2

cl4udioo2 Private First Class

Anny makes an incredibly valid point.

9. Morphy

Morphy Staff Sergeant Elite Tester

In the past there were also major changes in fortfights. We didn't get the option to switch then. Why would they allow it this time?

10. dizzy dee

dizzy dee Reservist

Until the mostly used sets still have huge stamina/hidding bonus this testing is kinda pointless. Attackers get their hidding from old sets while defenders now have to test with 0 setting traps.

11. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    So far it seems fair, I did not take part in any fights, so still have not tried it.

What I am thinking is that each character class should have equal advantage. At the moment it is only really duellists and soldiers that have any character benefits.

Workers seems to have gained a bit but what about adventurers.

Yes they do have the ghost ability, and that might be great for survival, but still, they dont get any credit for that when it comes to exp and bonds. It is not recorded in any way in the battle reports o give any bonus when it comes to how many bonds you get.

I think that all 4 character classes should be looked at, and ways found to make them more equal.

12. olga

olga Master Sergeant

Main Server:
    DK
    Most of them left 2- 3 years ago :p

13. PaPa PoPCoRN

PaPa PoPCoRN Lance Corporal

From the Dev Blog:

"For this we wish to bring back an old approach from a couple of years ago. The attackers currently enjoy a significant advantage because by placing attribute points in strength, they gain points in both health and their strongest aiming/dodging/resistance skill. Clearly this is unfair for the defenders, who must choose between the two. It also leads to weird flow on effects in battle strategies, which increases the importance of duellers (sniping through the gate) and decreases the effectiveness of workers (not mounting fortifications). Simply removing this advantage should, at least in theory, reverse the series of unfortunate events."

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Hiding as Hiding and move Stamina to Setting Traps for the sake of testing? As already pointed out, most current fort fighting sets already have hiding and not many current sets have setting traps with other fort skills in tow so you're still in a situation where Attackers (Hiding) potentially have roughly a 2:1 advantage over Defenders (Setting Traps) because of the gear discrepancies. Or, simply create some temporary sets that self destruct in 30, 45, 60 days for testing purposes.

14. Ahram

Ahram Private First Class

BAD IDEA!!! If they try to do that, they will most likely implode the servers or something like that. :blink:

Whenever they try to do something, they get it wrong, just look at duels... all Duel-to-Loose now, which an honor system that doesn't honor anyone... Or the adventures, should be so great, but nobody comes due to the really bad drop chance and the even worse crap inside the chests. All quests, both recuring and new, are bugged, and never fixed before they are released to other servers, eventhough this should be the "test" server... What they should do is listen to the player, those few that are left... and maybe fix some of the bugs that have been around for years...

15. Chief Gall

Chief Gall Private First Class Elite Tester

This will not make fortfights anymore interesting than before.

How about something new? Don't invest time into something old just to sell more sets again.

16. lulumcnoob

lulumcnoob Sergeant Former Team Member

Main Server:
    EN
    It does make fort fights more interesting to have more options than simply pure health or pure damage builds. And this updated formula is part 1 of many in that quest. The biggest problem in my eyes is that the game was balanced when Precise Winchester or the very rare Golden gun was the strongest weapon in the game... how far have we come from that place? We need a change, and I'm happy to see it finally starting to happen.

Unfortunately right now, whomever attacks, wins. Even with 11 less players than the defenders. Gear gives so much bonus, tombola gear especially (upgraded tombola gear even more ruins this balance), that one side can't simply play without gear to give them bonuses, it's a pointless test.

I would say we fix this by removing all the tombola sets from the game, but I guess decision makers will rather want to fix the old ones, or more likely shove new ones in our faces that we're forced to buy if we want to play/test.

Both sides have attacked and defended now, and we all agree that attackers have won as soon as the battle is dug. Still a lot of work to do for it to be right, but I believe we'll get there...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  17. Anny Hudson

Main Server:
    I'm sure they can alter the class-quest accessibility accordingly. Class quest appears if you have not changed your class before. Class quest doesn't appear if you have changed your class already. Whether one has changed his/her class or not can simply be noted using a counter.

18. catalin1994

catalin1994 Private

Main Server:
    RO
    Just put last update in your asses InnoGames . It s a big failure
    Why not changed sets instead of double bonus wall ?
    Why not give us sets to test or nuggets like zet . It s test world .
    You want more players on game but you won't do anything - just to leave more players.
    Keep ban players for 20 xp ,all xsteff know to do.

19. Zulus

Zulus Reservist

Main Server:
    Will it not make defending a fort even shorter and more difficult exercise then it is right now by doubling the sector bonus? As soon as attackers mount anything, it should be a speed fort fight considering double sector bonus for attackers that have a hide bonus set and defenders fight naked ? :)

20. Anny Hudson

Main Server:
    Why would you let the attacker up in the first place?